CoreLogic TAx Researcher Interview Questions

1.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

TAx Researcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CoreLogic.

Very slow. Coordinated many people present at one time for the interview. The individuals seemed to do most of the talking; just relax and listen. They will stress the difficulty and the efficiency expected of the position; Being detail-oriented is key.

Interview Questions
  • Try not get caught between a job being 'routine processes' and 'researching' as it is both. One needs to be comfortable working alone and within a team.   View Answer
Not much - notified me by phone to expect an offer letter. It took more time for the drug-test results than the background check.

Other Interview Reviews for CoreLogic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CoreLogic in March 2013.

Applied to an ad posted on the internet by Randstad, a temp staffing agency. Randstad sent me some online tests to take to evaluate my MS Office skills. I believe the tests were designed by a company called "Prove It". It's an IBM company if memory serves.

So I did OK on the tests. They were fairly difficult. Scored in the mid-80s on Word, Excel, and Outlook. No Powerpoint test.

About a week after the tests, Randstad called me to go in for an interview at the CoreLogic location in Westlake, TX. It's a big complex of about 8 buildings. Most of them are 4 story boxes, burnt orange stucco. Nice grounds with a hiking trail circling it and several ponds with ducks and turtles and some kind of large colorful fish. Coffee is free to employees at CoreLogic and it's very convenient. Hope you like Folgers. I do. If you don't there's a Starbucks available in Building 1.

Interview was with two managers in a small conference room. Lasted about 30 minutes.
    As intervews go, it was not too difficult and I was having a fairly good day. Most people would say it was a standard to easy interview. Not a lot of really challenging questions. No
    "tell us about yourself". No "what is your biggest weakness".

As I was leaving, there was the usual chit-chat as we walked to the front entrance for me to turn in my visitor badge. At one point I was walking along saying something and the manager suddenly greeted a passing acquaintance. Awkward moment.

I accepted the job offer. At this point, I wish I had not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were confronted with a difficult problem at work and how you solved it.   View Answer
    I did not attempt to negotiate my hourly rate with the temp agency. Probably should have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CoreLogic in September 2012.

Got an email from the temp agency letting me know that my application had been selected for an interview the next day at a specific time. They sent me several test to take to see if I was qualified enough for the position and as I passed them all they sent me another email as to what to expect during the interview. I signed in with a large group of people and we went to the interview room where there were several people waiting to interview us and the temp agencies lined up in the back. If you got a check mark on your resume you got an offer and if you didn't well then there was no offer. There were multiple questions about past experiences and what would you do's.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you overcame a difficult obsticle at work, what was the obsticle and what did you do to over come it, who else was involved if anyone.   View Answer
    I got a check mark and my temp agency said that they extended me an offer and I started filling out more paper work, there was no negotiating as I already knew what the hourly amount would be. From there I went and took a drug test and had my background checked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CoreLogic in August 2010.

The hiring process was smooth with the recruiter following up with emails and phone calls. I received a phone call and scheduled a phone interview within a week after applying for the job; I got a 1 on 1 interview straight after that. From beginning to end, it was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They had the standard, "give us a scenario when you had to deal with an difficult customer"   Answer Question
    No negotiation; pay was what I asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CoreLogic in April 2010.

Poorly put together. Both of the interviewers have since left the company (not surprisingly) due to finding better jobs. Bonuses were discussed which were done away with after I accepted the offer.

Tax Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CoreLogic in April 2008.

long hiring process, interview process is easy

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation. offer is take it or leave it

TAx Researcher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CoreLogic in February 2009.

The interview consisted of whether I could work on the computer all day and use the phone.

TAx Researcher Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CoreLogic in January 2008.

They work through a staffing agency here. The staffer stuck her claws into me at a college job fair. I had an interview with the staffer and I then had an interview with the company itself. They usually do a round 2 interview at the company but they waived it for me. The interview is easy because the managers there are really dumb people.

Interview Questions
    You are paid $10-12/hour to start (and get about a 10-12 CENT raise a year if you're lucky) and there is no negotiation since you have a Bachelor's degree and are paid like you work at McDonald's. There is no vacation time but you accrue "PTO" (paid time off)...about 1 day a month so 12 days of time a year. And that's your vacation AND sick time. Basically, you end up using most of that when you're sick or have appointments.