Corinthian Colleges

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.7

Campus Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

Interview process was very strong and lengthy. I went through 5 rounds of interviews and felt every individual I spoke with was extremely professional. The company culture was highlighted and the mission was explained passionately.

Interview Questions
    • Name three attributes your friends you use to describe you. Name three attributes your former employer would use to describe you.   Answer Question
    I was asked about salary every step of the hiring process and I insisted on where I needed to be to make a lateral move. I received my desired salary.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

The first phone interview took about 20 minutes and was with a recruiter for Corinthian Colleges. I was asked for a 2nd interview about a day later. The 2nd phone interview was with the director and the manager. It was going well (as in I was answering the questions pretty easily) until I had mentioned that I truly cared that I would be properly training the staff who would be supporting the students (in other words, the customers). I went on to talk about how the students were important when I was interrupted by the manager with a bad attitude. She basically did not like my answer because the students/customers are NOT important to Corinthian College and it's about making money, etc. No kidding, but shouldn't a proper organization still show that they care about their customers? That's how you make money, after all. How someone in a management position doesn't get that is beyond me. I wasn't feeling the negative vibes from the 2 interviewers and I definitely feel with my experience and ability to thoroughly answer the questions this process could have gone further, however, I did not let it. I told them that I was NOT interested in hearing any more from them and challenged the interviewers about why CC has so many negative employee reviews and their accreditation has been questioned more than once. They really had nothing to say about it. No answer back, no defense for their company. These are upper managers, remember. So I'd say heed the warning of many before you and if you are getting that "bad gut feeling" during the interview, it's for a reason. I know people who have worked for for-profit universities and they describe it as "an uncomfortable work environment with low morale where you're trying to get people who can't afford an education to pay large amounts of money for a degree that will get them nowhere."

Also, the company is a call center environment. Is that where you want to work?

Instructor Interview

During interviewing process, 2 different people contacted me about the same appointment. It was obvious that the "right hand did not know what the left hand" was doing. The process took almost 2 months, as the people involved were at Corporate for a week while the interviews were going on.

High School Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in June 2014.

I began my journey in June 2014. Each person I came in contact was very passionate about the position. I had 5 interviews and I enjoy each one. Each person had a great personality and genuinely wanted me abroad. Although the process was very long, it was worth it. I also got above my asking salary.

Interview Questions
    • What are you asking for in salary? Why do you think you are right for this position?   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges in May 2014.

The initial communication was by telephone call, which came one day after I had submitted my resume. The recruiter was very cordial and encouraging, and asked very job-specific questions. I felt comfortable describing my experience and telling why I felt I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was what would be a deal-breaker if it came down to a choice between this job and another from a company where I had also applied for a job.   View Answer

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

The people at the campus were very helpful and kind. Interviewed with three different people before being hired. Basic interview with the normal background checks.

Interview Questions
    • What if the President of the school was the line and a call was coming in, which call would you answer first?   Answer Question
    They gave me what I was asking for.

Director of First Impression Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

I was referred to by an employer who at the time was the Assistant Education Director and was well known with the company. The interview process involved with meeting with the Director of Admissions, then the Director of Finance who was the immediate supervisor for the position. The next step if to meet the President of the campus, but I did not have to do so. But I did meet him the day of interviewing. A tour is taken around the campus, which allows you to see how things are ran daily, see friendly faces, encouraged students, and the building itself since the company is in a suite building neighboring around other companies.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall questions being too difficult. Questions were quite easy going.   Answer Question
    Just be yourself, have a positive attitude and a stand out personality. Dress to impress, and be prepared with extra paperwork like resumes or cover letters.

Full-Time Online Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges in February 2014.

There 3 interviews: HR (1st), Program Director (2nd), and Dean (3rd). The interview process was an average experience depending on your interviewing experience. You must complete the online application process and if you are chosen then you are interviewed by Program Director then Dean.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. It was a typical interview relating to one's teaching background and the Corinthian College Brand.   Answer Question
    N/a

Career Services Representative Interview

you have 3 -4 interviews

a couple of calls

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Corinthian Colleges in January 2014.

The interview really focused on Sales talents. I had to persuade the interviewer to purchase an item although I was interviewing for a admissions position. I understand follow up and reaching out to the prospect is vital; however it just appeared to be the main focal point and I believe academia should not be Sales. I wanted out of the Sales industry, not mask it with another job title.

Interview Questions
    • How aggressive are you at influencing someone to buy something that they do want or need?   Answer Question

This is not the environment for me