Corinthian Colleges Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

High School Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in June 2014.

I began my journey in June 2014. Each person I came in contact was very passionate about the position. I had 5 interviews and I enjoy each one. Each person had a great personality and genuinely wanted me abroad. Although the process was very long, it was worth it. I also got above my asking salary.

Interview Questions
    • What are you asking for in salary? Why do you think you are right for this position?   Answer Question

Campus Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

Interview process was very strong and lengthy. I went through 5 rounds of interviews and felt every individual I spoke with was extremely professional. The company culture was highlighted and the mission was explained passionately.

Interview Questions
    • Name three attributes your friends you use to describe you. Name three attributes your former employer would use to describe you.   Answer Question
    I was asked about salary every step of the hiring process and I insisted on where I needed to be to make a lateral move. I received my desired salary.

Admissions Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in June 2013.

Initial phone screening that took about 20 minutes over the phone, then I had to take an assessment of math and analytic questions, then interview with Director of Department in person, Campus Dean in person then Regional VP over the phone. The entire hiring process took well over a month and a half.

They took their time calling me back and I had to borderline harass the director to give me a response.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was this and thats it

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in September 2012.

3 interviews later and a long hiring process finally received word I was hired as a teacher. Had to do a mock presentation as if I was teaching the class.

non negotiable

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

The first phone interview took about 20 minutes and was with a recruiter for Corinthian Colleges. I was asked for a 2nd interview about a day later. The 2nd phone interview was with the director and the manager. It was going well (as in I was answering the questions pretty easily) until I had mentioned that I truly cared that I would be properly training the staff who would be supporting the students (in other words, the customers). I went on to talk about how the students were important when I was interrupted by the manager with a bad attitude. She basically did not like my answer because the students/customers are NOT important to Corinthian College and it's about making money, etc. No kidding, but shouldn't a proper organization still show that they care about their customers? That's how you make money, after all. How someone in a management position doesn't get that is beyond me. I wasn't feeling the negative vibes from the 2 interviewers and I definitely feel with my experience and ability to thoroughly answer the questions this process could have gone further, however, I did not let it. I told them that I was NOT interested in hearing any more from them and challenged the interviewers about why CC has so many negative employee reviews and their accreditation has been questioned more than once. They really had nothing to say about it. No answer back, no defense for their company. These are upper managers, remember. So I'd say heed the warning of many before you and if you are getting that "bad gut feeling" during the interview, it's for a reason. I know people who have worked for for-profit universities and they describe it as "an uncomfortable work environment with low morale where you're trying to get people who can't afford an education to pay large amounts of money for a degree that will get them nowhere."

Also, the company is a call center environment. Is that where you want to work?

Instructor Interview

During interviewing process, 2 different people contacted me about the same appointment. It was obvious that the "right hand did not know what the left hand" was doing. The process took almost 2 months, as the people involved were at Corporate for a week while the interviews were going on.

Director of Career Services Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in May 2014.

The initial communication was by telephone call, which came one day after I had submitted my resume. The recruiter was very cordial and encouraging, and asked very job-specific questions. I felt comfortable describing my experience and telling why I felt I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was what would be a deal-breaker if it came down to a choice between this job and another from a company where I had also applied for a job.   View Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in January 2014.

The interview really focused on Sales talents. I had to persuade the interviewer to purchase an item although I was interviewing for a admissions position. I understand follow up and reaching out to the prospect is vital; however it just appeared to be the main focal point and I believe academia should not be Sales. I wanted out of the Sales industry, not mask it with another job title.

Interview Questions
    • How aggressive are you at influencing someone to buy something that they do want or need?   Answer Question

This is not the environment for me

Student Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in May 2013.

Group Interview and then individual interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions simply due to the fact that it was a group interview.   View Answer
    N/A

Full-Time Online Instructor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in February 2014.

There 3 interviews: HR (1st), Program Director (2nd), and Dean (3rd). The interview process was an average experience depending on your interviewing experience. You must complete the online application process and if you are chosen then you are interviewed by Program Director then Dean.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. It was a typical interview relating to one's teaching background and the Corinthian College Brand.   Answer Question
    N/a

Worked for Corinthian Colleges? Contribute to the Community!