Corizon

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.1

Registered Nurse, Mental Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corizon in August 2014.

The interview was far more casual than I expected and was with the Assistant Director of Nursing. The director was cheerful and answered my questions. The interview itself was quite short, and lasted only a few minutes. My questions lasted the remainder of the hour. I had many questions as the job description on the internet job posting was short and vague. It was more a sales pitch than a job description. I felt there was some pressure to accept the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever broken the rules at a place where you were employed?   Answer Question

Not having worked in corrections previously, I told the director that I would like a few days to make a decision. I was unable to get in touch directly and left a message on the directors voicemail stating my interest in the job. After two more days I followed up with a call. It was a somewhat abrupt reception and the cheerfulness was gone! I was asked "So you're telling me you're interested?" To which I replied yes. I was then told that she would have to get in touch with the HR department and would contact me. I never heard back from them. I checked online several days later and the job was still posted as open.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Corizon in June 2014.

The initial hiring process was really fast for me! I put in my application online on Monday at 4pm, I got a call back on Tuesday at 8am when an interview was set for Thursday. During my interview, I felt like she talked more than I did, explaining what working at the prison entailed, and even went into scheduling. I knew it was going really well at the end and I asked about when she would be making decisions and she said she would be calling the next afternoon. She went on to say that she did have to go through all the processes and proper protocol but she did not see why I wouldn't be getting a call from her. At 2pm Friday (the next day) she called to give me an offer and scheduled me to come in the following Monday to start the background check process.

Interview Questions
    • It felt much more like a conversation than a question/answer session. Either this woman was really good at making me volunteer the info she wanted, or I was really good at interjecting her explanations of the job at the correct time with exactly what she wanted to hear. Maybe a little of both?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, she just told me that the job is based on experience and as a new grad this is what I would be paid.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Current recruiter is terrible. They try to make you feel like you need to beg for them to consider you for one of their prestigious positions in a prison.

Interview Questions
    They will also tell you salary they offer is the same that they offer everyone else... complete BS. Dont accept less than $50/hour unless you are a new grad. There are some experienced providers there making over $60/hour.

VPO Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Corizon.

No interview, they contacted me based on my past employment and performance with CMS before CMS and PHS merged.

None

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corizon.

smooth

fast , almost like yesterday.

Mental Health Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Corizon.

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview 3 weeks later. The interview was a group interview with the director and the other department staff members. The interview lasted about an hour and was followed by a facility tour. I was called four days later and offered the job. The conversation was when followed up by an email from the HSA with a salary offer.

Interview Questions

The salary offered was substantially less than the average for the area. After some negotiation, the salary was still not acceptable.

MHP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raiford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raiford, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Corizon in September 2013.

We were interviewed in a group. People who did not qualify were told in front of everbody that they would not be hired. This company took over the health care contract for all the prisons in North Florida. We were state employees. They were probably just interested in filling a few positions(about half) and firing the rest of the workers.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any questions and if we had questions they didn't know the answer and didn't offer to find an answer.   View Answer
    No. It was a take it or leave it. They did not give prospects the option of negotiating. You were called on the phone at work by an HR person. You were told the offer and expected to give an answer right then.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wewahitchka, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wewahitchka, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Corizon in August 2013.

I was grandfathered in after the company took over the State of Florida's medical dept.

I am PRN - I declined the full-time position.

Triage Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Corizon in May 2013.

Hiring and interviewing is very thorough due to nature of the population in the prison. The opportunity is given to meet another nurse to ask questions of the position and what the responsibilities are.

Interview Questions
    • Never have liked the best/worst aspects of interviewee.   View Answer
    There is no salary negotiation.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Corizon.

I submitted paycheck stubs and applied online

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me anything except my job title and if I was full-time.   Answer Question
    There was none. The HR gal told me what my base pay was and that I was full-time asked me if I wanted the job then hung up.