Cornell University Research Assistant Interview Questions

1.8

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornell University in September 2014.

Interview

just talk about the project that i have ever done, talk about the skills that I have have a more detail explanation of the most interesting project, how I apply skills to that particular project

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cornell University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

Phone interview, offer same day.

Interview Questions

• There weren't very many unexpected questions, most about previous experiences and career goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

It was mostly done via recommendation process. The interviewee knew about my interest through our mutual aquaintance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cornell University in August 2009.

Interview

I was asked questions about the kind of research experience I previously had. I was interviewing in the crop and soil sciences department, so I was also asked if i had any previous experience with plants. I had a strong chemical background, which fit the needs of their project well. I was shown around the office. The interview did not take long at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the details of the insulin pathway in human subjects?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University in April 2009.

Interview

I filled out an application and then handed it in at the office in person. I was contacted in about a week or two for a one on one interview with the manager. I was asked about my background, my previous work experience and what I did at those jobs, and how that experience would apply to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience prepare you for the job you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in certain customer service situations?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornell University in August 2008.

Interview

Emailed for information, was contacted by the professor, professor was out of town so met with lab manager, discussed prior experience, was given a lab tour, and started the following week. People were great, everyone was welcoming and had a good sense of humor. Easiest thing I've ever interviewed for.