Cornell University

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview Details – Phone interview, offer same day.

Interview Question – There weren't very many unexpected questions, most about previous experiences and career goals.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ithaca, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cornell University in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was mostly done via recommendation process.
The interviewee knew about my interest through our mutual aquaintance.

Interview Question – What is your interest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try negotiation

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cornell University in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked questions about the kind of research experience I previously had. I was interviewing in the crop and soil sciences department, so I was also asked if i had any previous experience with plants. I had a strong chemical background, which fit the needs of their project well. I was shown around the office. The interview did not take long at all.

Interview Question – Do you know the details of the insulin pathway in human subjects?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cornell University in April 2009.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and then handed it in at the office in person. I was contacted in about a week or two for a one on one interview with the manager. I was asked about my background, my previous work experience and what I did at those jobs, and how that experience would apply to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience prepare you for the job you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
  • What would you do in certain customer service situations?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Cornell University in August 2008.

Interview Details – Emailed for information, was contacted by the professor, professor was out of town so met with lab manager, discussed prior experience, was given a lab tour, and started the following week. People were great, everyone was welcoming and had a good sense of humor. Easiest thing I've ever interviewed for.

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself working in the lab   Answer Question

Worked for Cornell University? Contribute to the Community!