Corner Bakery Cafe

Updated Dec 15, 2014

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corner Bakery Cafe

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe.

I just submitted my application online and was called in for an interview. At the interview he asked me a few simple questions and told me I was hired. Gave me two weeks to let my other job know.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly he did not ask me any questions because I was over qualified. We kinda spoke about the wage. Which he apologized for but promised that there were many opportunities to grow.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiations honestly they couldn't do what I asked for.

Cashier/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe in December 2014.

I sent in an application online and after about two weeks I got an email notifying me that I had an interview with them. I was able to call and easily change the time -it was scheduled during my school hours- with no problem. The manager i spoke to was very helpful. when I came in, they were very inviting and positive, offering me a drink and wishing me luck. The interview took about 15 minutes and was a great experience. My interviewer was very up-beat and kind. They asked me simple things like "tell me about yourself" and asked about how i worked with a team and with roles of leadership. He also asked "If you could have any job in the place, even mine, what would you prefer?".

Interview Questions
    I didn't really need to negotiate, I was happy with the position and pay they offered me.

Cashier Interview

I went in, filled an application, spoke to the supervisor, asked me to come for an interview a day later. When I go in, the manager is called, has no idea that I had been set up for an interview. It only goes down hill from there. This has got to be the worst interviewer I have ever had, and I'm still baffled that he's the manager. He wouldn't look at me as I was speaking, he would dart his eyes back and forth, who was coming in, who was coming out. Does this type of rudeness required of every manage, for from what I've read on here, it looks like many others have experienced this. Very, very strange.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Village, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Village, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe.

Initial communications began at a career fair held at the University of North Texas, during which I gave out my resume and briefly talked with company representatives about a job; I was promised to get a call back (which I did receive). There were two interviews - one initial (which was the most awkward interview I've ever had; the manager was very short with me, did not look me in the eye often, and sort of "cut me off" most of the time, like he wasn't that interested in what I had to say)...and one final interview - after which I was told that they were very interested and needed to finalize the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you see Corner Bakery as a good fit for you?   View Answer

Cashier/Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe.

Appeared to be a "chill" place to work at; that's probably because I was interviewed between lunch and dinner. AKA the slowest time of the day. One interview, asked very basic questions about my character (tell me about yourself, what's your main weakness, etc.). Exceedingly typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no tough, nor unexpected questions. If anything, the most unexpected component of the interview was how predictable it ended up being.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

They put an ad on Craigslist saying "Open House 2-5pm". I went in a little after 3pm, filled out a paper application. When I was done an employee took it to the manager and then came back and said they were not going to do any more interviews (it wasn't even 4pm). Anyone they were interested in speaking with would get a call within the next week.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe in October 2013.

The management will focus on how outgoing you are. It's not a brain surgery, it's just a fun interview. Expect basic questions about how you would deal with a rude customer, and how to fix difficult situations.

Catering Production Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe in October 2013.

Quick.

If I would have known the facts of management taking 80 to 85% of the tips and being on call I would have declined.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe.

Went in to turn in my resume. Manager came out to set up and an interview for the next day. Asked your average set of questions. She liked me and asked to come back the following day for an interview with the GM. He just asked about my availability and work experience. He said my schedule wasn't flexible and that he had to discuss it with the other manager. He said he would give me a call back the same day, if not, I should give them a call back a week later. I did just that and was told I would get a call back later that day but it didn't happen.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a conflict with a supervisor or coworker? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corner Bakery Cafe in April 2013.

I went in to drop off a application and was greeted by one of the managers. She wanted to interview me on the spot and it went very well asking general questions. She was impressed with my experience in catering and the fact that I was going to school for baking and really wanted me to either help out with their catering or be in the bakery. After the interview was over she told me that she wanted me to do another one with the manager above her but he was in orientation and that I would get a call back in a few days...a few days went by and no call so after a week or 2 I called to check up on the app and a different manager answered the phone and told me that the guy (who was busy before) was on lunch break and that he would call me later on that day...still no call. Needless to say I was upset cause I needed a job and was actually excited about a job in my field.