Cornerstone Events Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

1.6

Employee Interview

Interview

They asked if I was open to training moving. They asked me about my past experience, background, etc. The team was extremly nice from the start, so it was definitely a great experience.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cornerstone Events.

Interview

Very informational interview, not what I've experienced in many years. Yes It was a few weeks ago, still waiting for a feed back fro the hiring manager. Hioe it works out.

Interview Questions

• What I Like most about performing my last job   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

They interview anyone who turns in a resume. They market many different positions and make them sound glamorous, but it's all for the same position. It's to work a booth at Sam's making minimum wage to try and sell products for commission. The interview will only ask a few questions about yourself. They will then try to make the job sound fancy with ridiculously higher numbers than you will really make and suggesting travel.

Interview Questions

The pay is too low for the work it requires. I really do not appreciate skirting around the truth of the job and what it entails. They need to tell people what the job really is. It is not a marketing job.

Dec 26, 2014Owner

Thank you for interviewing for our Marketing Manager Interview position. Cornerstone Events strives to provide dynamic career opportunities to all qualified candidates. We are sorry to hear that ... More

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cornerstone Events.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the HR department/receptionist at corner stone events to come in for an interview. While I waited for the interview the receptionist called several other candidates and repeated the same to all of them. The interview was sketchy. He did not really answer questions asked or provide information about the duties of the job. Each time the question was asked about the detailed of the job he started talking about other things. I was real weary about that place. It did not seem to have everything together. Also, the real job is to sell things inside Sams and Costco

Interview Questions

• the only legitimate thing he asked was why was I interested in the positon   1 Answer

Dec 26, 2014Owner

We are sorry to hear that your interview experience with our company did not fit your career goals, and we understand that our industry is not for everyone. Cornerstone Events is a credible company ... More

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was like a movie. I felt like I stepped into the office across the hall from the office in Being John Malcovich. As I walked in, the "boss" was sexually harassing the secretary. Then he realized I was in the room and straightened up to shake my hand.
    I was asked to fill out a form, during which I heard the secretary/ "H/R" person have the exact same conversation she had with me on the phone.

When I was called in, the best way I can describe the interview was: clammy and scammy.

The guy nervously tried to explain what the job would be by using absolutely no specifics or nouns.
    I tried to get a straight answer from the guy, asking hardball questions like: What would my daily duties entail? Or what would I actually be doing everyday?
    Questions I would never have to ask if he had been somewhat clear.
    He stepped around those simple questions.
    "Well like I said, you'd be training to become a marketing manager".....for 6 months.
    He also kept saying things like "wouldn't you like to make $75,000 a year like me?"
    Which I found grossly unprofessional. The whole thing, down to the cheesy art on the walls reeked of SCAM.
    Apparently running a kiosk in Sam's Club in the evenings and on the weekends is some how a derivation of "Marketing".
    Save your gas money, there is nothing here for you.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to travel to Chicago, Dallas, Memphis etc, for up to a week at a time.   Answer Question

Scam-city

Dec 26, 2014Owner

Maintaining a positive interview experience is a top priority at Cornerstone Events, and we are sorry to hear that your experience as a member of our team did not fit your career aspirations. We will ... More

Campaign Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cornerstone Events in November 2014.

Interview

The process was easy. I felt comfortable for the part. The manager was nice and answered all my questions openly. I knew what the business was about and i'm glad that this company didn't lead me another direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about our company history? Why would you be a great fit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm in college, so the manger was flexible with working around my school schedule.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed in some cramped little room in a shared office. Asked about Marketing, and I gave him answers. Turns out the job is NOT at all what you'd expect. You'd be the person giving out samples. Terribly disingenuous to advertise these positions as marketing positions instead of what they are. Major turn-off. Check their website for spelling and grammar--you're sure to find plenty of mistakes. He tries to fool people with stock photography of corporate environments. What a joke.

Interview Questions

Job seems very scammy. Disingenuous job postings. No marketing grad wants to give out samples at Sam's Club.

Dec 3, 2014Owner

Cornerstone Events is a promotional marketing firm and we are sorry about the experience you encountered with our team. Our goal is to provide an honest work environment for our team members and ... More

Entry Level Positions: Marketing & Advertising Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cornerstone Events (New Orleans, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was easy. They asked some basic marketing questions and showed up around what we would be doing in Sam's Club. The guy spent the rest of the time trying to sell us on the job, which was a major turn off. If the job is that great, you wouldn't need to sell me on it.

The job was not what I though it was. The job description sounds like a great job in Marketing, but the reality is that you are standing at a kiosk annoying people in Sam's club to try a product at your booth. I felt like the interview was a waste of time. I should have known that when they said to meet at Sam's club but I was desperate and wanted to keep my options open, but I didn't go to school to be that annoying person at the mall.

Oct 31, 2014Owner

Maintaining a positive interview experience is a top priority at Cornerstone Events, Inc. and we are sorry to hear that your experience as an applicant did not fit your career aspirations. We will ... More

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cornerstone Events in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online directly through the company's website. After a few days I was called in for an interview. The process was quick and the managers were straight forward about what the job entailed. I felt good about the process during the entire interview, and I'm glad the team members that I met were approachable and extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your worst experience and how did you overcome the issue.   Answer Question