Cornerstone OnDemand

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Success Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a video interview through HireVue. If that goes well enough, you move onto a phone interview with two managers. Be prepared to answer questions on both HR related topics and technology.

Interview Question – Essay questions in the video interview.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process was great! At each stage of the process the interviewers checked in with me, kept me updated, and definitely gave me a realistic job preview at multiple points. They continuously made me feel like I was interviewing them as well.

I had 6 different interviews before I was given an offer, and others have had more from what I discovered, so be prepared for a lot of interviews. They are however hiring A LOT of people and the process will be quick, even though you have to schedule time for multiple interviews. These were group, 1:1, and presentation style.

Interview Question – The final group presentation interview, to multiple managers, would probably be the most intimidating for the majority of interviewees. You have to put yourself in the job and present your responses to a predefined case study.   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – An online recorded interview was first. Very different! Questions like "What is SaaS?" You have 30 seconds to consider your answer before you are being recorded. Then two interviews were tag team with two people for each interview. I felt the first one was very impersonal. I was asked to give an example of the steps that were taken to execute a software platform. After talking for about 15 minutes, I heard silence. I said, "Hello?" I felt that the manager was distracted during the meeting. Did not ask me any "can you elaborate questions" and I felt she was not interested at all. I was very surprised since I have great respect for COD.
The second interview went back to my technical expertise. The three strengths they were looking for was 1) Customer Service, 2) HR background and 3) Technical expertise. The last two do not usually go hand in hand from my experience. Although I had enough experience in working with IT in executing platforms, was an HR Director and had been a salesperson with numerous awards in my history I felt that the technical expertise was not want they felt I had.
I was given no feedback on why I wasn't selected but the tech experience seemed to be the part I think they focused on.
I was surprised at the lack of warmth from most of the interviewers. I didn't feel they were interested in me from the beginning.Perhaps if it had been in person or even on a Skype, it would have been different. I was very saddened that I was not chosen when I have over 20 years in HR processes, sales and platform execution. And disappointed that I didn't know what they were looking for. I could have elaborated on technical if I understood what they were interested in.

Interview Question – Walk me through the execution of that platform? How did you deal with the technical requirements?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Client Success Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – The interview process follows the model of hiring smart, cool, dedicated and innovative people. There is a series of interviews, conversations, and solution oriented challenges, and this is the best way to ensure your hire the best talent!

Interview Question – There were a couple... as there should be!   Answer Question

Worked for Cornerstone OnDemand? Contribute to the Community!