Cornerstone OnDemand

Updated Sep 2, 2014

4.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

The interview process starts with a video interview through HireVue. If that goes well enough, you move onto a phone interview with two managers. Be prepared to answer questions on both HR related topics and technology.

Other Interview Reviews for Cornerstone OnDemand

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in June 2014.

Cornerstone OnDemand promotes a positive employee culture, however their interview process does not reflect that at all. The process was very long and tedious. I had 4 interviews in 7 weeks. Two were video interviews. The 1st interview was a screening interview with a recruiter which was a pleasant and straightforward. The 2nd was a HireVue video interview, which was challenging with complex questions. I had done a lot of research on video interviews and had prepared well for the interview regarding the job and the company. I understand that video interviews have value to companies, but as a candidate, CSOD could have done a better job of making this a positive experience.

The 3rd was a 1:1 video interview with a manager which was conversational and straightforward. The 4th was a telephone interview with 2 other managers which was uncomfortable because it was not very conversational. I felt as though they were just going thru the motions, throwing questions at me and I was wasting their time. I was well-prepared for both of these interviews with a clear understanding of the job requirements, company, etc. I was told that the next step would be me doing a presentation via Webinar to 5-7 managers. The manager said that there was no 'in-person' interview in their process, which I found very odd.

I was notified by the recruiter that they were moving forward with another candidate. I asked for some feedback on my interviews so that I could learn from the experience. I never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your customer came to you and said that they are not getting what they are paying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Overall the interview process was great! At each stage of the process the interviewers checked in with me, kept me updated, and definitely gave me a realistic job preview at multiple points. They continuously made me feel like I was interviewing them as well.

I had 6 different interviews before I was given an offer, and others have had more from what I discovered, so be prepared for a lot of interviews. They are however hiring A LOT of people and the process will be quick, even though you have to schedule time for multiple interviews. These were group, 1:1, and presentation style.

Interview Questions
    • The final group presentation interview, to multiple managers, would probably be the most intimidating for the majority of interviewees. You have to put yourself in the job and present your responses to a predefined case study.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

An online recorded interview was first. Very different! Questions like "What is SaaS?" You have 30 seconds to consider your answer before you are being recorded. Then two interviews were tag team with two people for each interview. I felt the first one was very impersonal. I was asked to give an example of the steps that were taken to execute a software platform. After talking for about 15 minutes, I heard silence. I said, "Hello?" I felt that the manager was distracted during the meeting. Did not ask me any "can you elaborate questions" and I felt she was not interested at all. I was very surprised since I have great respect for COD.
    The second interview went back to my technical expertise. The three strengths they were looking for was 1) Customer Service, 2) HR background and 3) Technical expertise. The last two do not usually go hand in hand from my experience. Although I had enough experience in working with IT in executing platforms, was an HR Director and had been a salesperson with numerous awards in my history I felt that the technical expertise was not want they felt I had.
    I was given no feedback on why I wasn't selected but the tech experience seemed to be the part I think they focused on.
    I was surprised at the lack of warmth from most of the interviewers. I didn't feel they were interested in me from the beginning.Perhaps if it had been in person or even on a Skype, it would have been different. I was very saddened that I was not chosen when I have over 20 years in HR processes, sales and platform execution. And disappointed that I didn't know what they were looking for. I could have elaborated on technical if I understood what they were interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the execution of that platform? How did you deal with the technical requirements?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

The interview process follows the model of hiring smart, cool, dedicated and innovative people. There is a series of interviews, conversations, and solution oriented challenges, and this is the best way to ensure your hire the best talent!