Cornerstone OnDemand

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.2

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

The interview process starts with a video interview through HireVue. If that goes well enough, you move onto a phone interview with two managers. Be prepared to answer questions on both HR related topics and technology.

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in June 2014.

Cornerstone OnDemand promotes a positive employee culture, however their interview process does not reflect that at all. The process was very long and tedious. I had 4 interviews in 7 weeks. Two were video interviews. The 1st interview was a screening interview with a recruiter which was a pleasant and straightforward. The 2nd was a HireVue video interview, which was challenging with complex questions. I had done a lot of research on video interviews and had prepared well for the interview regarding the job and the company. I understand that video interviews have value to companies, but as a candidate, CSOD could have done a better job of making this a positive experience.

The 3rd was a 1:1 video interview with a manager which was conversational and straightforward. The 4th was a telephone interview with 2 other managers which was uncomfortable because it was not very conversational. I felt as though they were just going thru the motions, throwing questions at me and I was wasting their time. I was well-prepared for both of these interviews with a clear understanding of the job requirements, company, etc. I was told that the next step would be me doing a presentation via Webinar to 5-7 managers. The manager said that there was no 'in-person' interview in their process, which I found very odd.

I was notified by the recruiter that they were moving forward with another candidate. I asked for some feedback on my interviews so that I could learn from the experience. I never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your customer came to you and said that they are not getting what they are paying for?   Answer Question

Corporate Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in June 2014.

I was a referral from an employee at Cornerstone OnDemand. The process was pretty simple, just like any other job interview process. I received a phone call from the woman in HR and we set a date for me to come in a interview. We set aside a window of time of 2 hours. I was given a packet with 3 questions. These are the type of questions that really make you think so that they can see the thought process you have. I forget the first question, but the 2nd question is; how many windows are there in New York? The 3rd question is mathematically related, but it tough to explain. I had 30 minutes with the first two interviewers, 30 minutes with the boss of the department and then another 30 minutes with two more interviewers. You get asked your basic questions about work ethic and what you like to do. Basically, if you work hard and fit in with the type of people that work here, you will fit in. I work with these people that hired me and they are great! After I left and they said I moved onto the next stage, I had to do a phone interview as a 'sales pitch'. Since I talk on the phone a lot for work, I had to talk about the product over the phone. It was nerve racking, but it goes well.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in May 2014.

Applied through very functional online system and received a response within a few days to schedule an interview. After promptly (within an hour) responding to that e-mail I received no response, and it subsequently took five additional follow-up e-mails, a tweet, a linked-in message, and two phone calls (voicemails) in order to get ahold of the recruiter who initially contacted me. The interview itself went alright, but I feel it was a little rushed, and I individual did not sound as though he wanted to speak with me.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me why I hadn't been spending more time applying for jobs?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Overall the interview process was great! At each stage of the process the interviewers checked in with me, kept me updated, and definitely gave me a realistic job preview at multiple points. They continuously made me feel like I was interviewing them as well.

I had 6 different interviews before I was given an offer, and others have had more from what I discovered, so be prepared for a lot of interviews. They are however hiring A LOT of people and the process will be quick, even though you have to schedule time for multiple interviews. These were group, 1:1, and presentation style.

Interview Questions
    • The final group presentation interview, to multiple managers, would probably be the most intimidating for the majority of interviewees. You have to put yourself in the job and present your responses to a predefined case study.   View Answer

Client Success Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

CSOD is a good company, but I think due to their high level of growth they are missing the opportunity to help candidates feel valued during the recruitment process. All communications were via email to set up interviews and were a bit condescending in tone. The email communications were clearly templates. The initial interview was done via HireVue (virtual recorded interview tool), which felt a bit cold. Next interviews were a group phone interview (the individuals conducting the interview were professional and fine) and a web conferencing interview. I ended up accepting an offer with a different company so I did not proceed further with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions during the initial virtual interview about their entire suite of products.   Answer Question

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Apr 8, 2014Sr. Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience interviewing for a position at Cornerstone OnDemand. Our Client Success Team uses one of our partners, HireVue, to conduct initial video ... More

Proposal Writer Interview

Interview process was interesting and exciting. Efficient 3 level process of intereviews.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Upon entry you are given first a tour of the upper level of the office. You get to see from the get go that this is either a place you do or don't want to work for - the people are all nice, the layout/design of the company is modern and tells of the work environment which is "cool"; obviously I thought this was a good fit for me. Then you go through 3 separate 1:1 interviews to which they ask you questions - for me it was the general lineup of how you are qualified, what makes you think you will be successful there, experience, etc. The whole process took about 2-3 hours. Nerve-racking with three separate interviews, but in general manageable.

Entry-level Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in March 2014.

Phone interview. Duration was approximate 20 mins. Common behavior questions, such as describe your internship experience, what's your expected salaries, what bookkeeping software you are using, do you want to relocate, have you been to CA, etc.

Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in February 2014.

The interview process was thorough and informative. The overlying theme across all of the steps was really to determine if I was a cultural match with the company and the specific team I was joining. CSOD only hires candidates they feel that they can have a beer (or coffee) with. I was interviewing for a position on a stable and high performing team, so I did spend quite a bit of time talking with my hiring manager. The sales leaders at Cornerstone are impressive during the process, and are aligned in what competencies they feel will thrive in their environment.

Interview Questions
    • The key question in my interview was "Please walk me through a sale you lost and why?"   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was simplified and quick. Once both sides felt that it was a good fit, we had a brief discussion on salary/ commission/ territory/ quota expectations, and came to an agreement quickly.