Cornerstone OnDemand

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through very functional online system and received a response within a few days to schedule an interview. After promptly (within an hour) responding to that e-mail I received no response, and it subsequently took five additional follow-up e-mails, a tweet, a linked-in message, and two phone calls (voicemails) in order to get ahold of the recruiter who initially contacted me. The interview itself went alright, but I feel it was a little rushed, and I individual did not sound as though he wanted to speak with me.

Interview Question – He asked me why I hadn't been spending more time applying for jobs?   View Answer

Entry-level Accountant Interview

Entry-level Accountant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Duration was approximate 20 mins. Common behavior questions, such as describe your internship experience, what's your expected salaries, what bookkeeping software you are using, do you want to relocate, have you been to CA, etc.

Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise Interview

Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was thorough and informative. The overlying theme across all of the steps was really to determine if I was a cultural match with the company and the specific team I was joining. CSOD only hires candidates they feel that they can have a beer (or coffee) with. I was interviewing for a position on a stable and high performing team, so I did spend quite a bit of time talking with my hiring manager. The sales leaders at Cornerstone are impressive during the process, and are aligned in what competencies they feel will thrive in their environment.

Interview Question – The key question in my interview was "Please walk me through a sale you lost and why?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was simplified and quick. Once both sides felt that it was a good fit, we had a brief discussion on salary/ commission/ territory/ quota expectations, and came to an agreement quickly.

Integration Consultant Interview

Integration Consultant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview - Phone interview with team lead
2nd interview - Phone interview with manager
3rd interview - Phone interview with Sr. Manager

4th interview - 3hr interview at the HQ
- Interview with Team Lead and colleague
- Interview with Director
- 30 min presentation to approx 10 people (incl. SVP)
- Interview with VP

Interview Question – The director wanted to get a better understand of my technical knowledge and asked me "What is a primary key" as it relates to database tables. While I knew the answer, I definitely wans't expecting them to ask me real technical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, as I was very satisfied with the offer.

Client Success Services Interview

Client Success Services

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – CSOD is a good company, but I think due to their high level of growth they are missing the opportunity to help candidates feel valued during the recruitment process. All communications were via email to set up interviews and were a bit condescending in tone. The email communications were clearly templates. The initial interview was done via HireVue (virtual recorded interview tool), which felt a bit cold. Next interviews were a group phone interview (the individuals conducting the interview were professional and fine) and a web conferencing interview. I ended up accepting an offer with a different company so I did not proceed further with the interview process.

Interview Question – Lots of questions during the initial virtual interview about their entire suite of products.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Cornerstone OnDemand Sr. Director of Talent responded to this review

Apr 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience interviewing for a position at Cornerstone OnDemand. Our Client Success Team uses one of our partners, HireVue, to conduct initial video ... More

Client Success Manager Interview

Client Success Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process was great! At each stage of the process the interviewers checked in with me, kept me updated, and definitely gave me a realistic job preview at multiple points. They continuously made me feel like I was interviewing them as well.

I had 6 different interviews before I was given an offer, and others have had more from what I discovered, so be prepared for a lot of interviews. They are however hiring A LOT of people and the process will be quick, even though you have to schedule time for multiple interviews. These were group, 1:1, and presentation style.

Interview Question – The final group presentation interview, to multiple managers, would probably be the most intimidating for the majority of interviewees. You have to put yourself in the job and present your responses to a predefined case study.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in April 2013.

Interview Details – went through several phone interviews and was flown to HQ in Santa Monica for face-to-face interviews with executives

Interview Question – Where will I take this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - they gave me one offer which I was told was the max

Proposal Writer Interview

Proposal Writer

Interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand

Interview Details – Interview process was interesting and exciting. Efficient 3 level process of intereviews.

Interview Question – logical quiz questions.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview Details – Upon entry you are given first a tour of the upper level of the office. You get to see from the get go that this is either a place you do or don't want to work for - the people are all nice, the layout/design of the company is modern and tells of the work environment which is "cool"; obviously I thought this was a good fit for me. Then you go through 3 separate 1:1 interviews to which they ask you questions - for me it was the general lineup of how you are qualified, what makes you think you will be successful there, experience, etc. The whole process took about 2-3 hours. Nerve-racking with three separate interviews, but in general manageable.

Interview Question – All were to be expected in this job area.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in January 2014.

Interview Details – The total time frame took about a week long. I got a call from the recruiter for the phone screen; had the first interview with the director manager and HR manager; had the second interview with the director of the department. All interviews were done over the phone - the position was for a remote position. Very good communication between the recruiter and I - probably the best interview experience I've gone through, if not the best. Each staff member seemed to be authentic, down to earth but balanced with the business effort.

Interview Question – Very straight forward and expected questions for an interview. A couple to note...I was asked to describe a a scenario where I had to recover from a mishap during a project I was working on and the outcome of the project. I was asked why I wanted to join the team....when I see 4.5 out of 5 rating on Glassdoor...why wouldn't I want to work here!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial salary offered was right where I wanted to be. They asked what I was currently making and they offered a few thousand more than what I was currently making.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cornerstone OnDemand

Worked for Cornerstone OnDemand? Contribute to the Community!

Cornerstone OnDemand Videos

Cornerstone OnDemand – Why Work for Us?

Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) is a global leader of cloud-based talent management software solutions. Over 12 million users across 190 countries rely on Cornerstone to maximize their potential, develop their skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cornerstone OnDemand interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cornerstone OnDemand employees and interview candidates.