Cornerstone OnDemand Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.2

Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Several emails between myself and the HR person were exchanged following a successful phone screen. The hang was no prior LMS sales experience so the hiring atmosphere here is extremely incestuous. I brought to the table a spotless 20 year record of top gun High Tech, enterprise software and development sales history, made an excellent argument for hiring from outside the niche they are in, even spent all 20 years selling to exactly the same market they sell to and had a big book of business to prospect.

Interview Questions
    • do you have experience selling learning management software   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager - Mid Market Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

You start with a phone screen from internal recruiter. Followed by a phone interview from Sales Director. Then typically you will have a face to face interview with the Sales Director. After that you'll either meet with in person or have a phone interview with the VP of Sales and then a final phone screen with the President of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in your first 90 days to get ramped up quickly.   Answer Question
    I negotiated directly with the Sales Director.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in January 2015.

Applied for a Product Manager position at Cornerstone OnDemand and was contacted by recruiter. The recruiter asked me to write a product exercise where they ask about writing specs that would be consumed by client, developers and QA. Submitted the exercise and was again contacted by recruiter to visit Santa Monica office for onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted about 2 hours. I was interviewed by 3 Product Managers. Interview consisted mainly about whiteboarding a product. They give you a product example and you are required to design a product. Idea here is to put you in a spot and see how you think spontaneously. They have an interesting mix of Product Managers. I felt that some were junior in experience than me and some had really strange justification about their product strategy. If I were running company I do not think I would have hired some of them. However, good thing about the Product Management group is that the CEO collaborates closely with the team. Anyways, I followed up with recruiter after interview and did not hear anything at all. I would really appreciate if Cornerstone OnDemand at least gives out a status update to candidates. I invested lot of time in submitting their product exercise and not to forget taking time off from my current work and it is only fair that the company respects the time and money candidates put in to prepare and attend the interview. The other con of this company is that it pays below industry standard salaries.

Visual Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Phone Interview, In person interview, weeks of no response. They expect an incredible amount of skill for the way below average pay they are offering. The recruiters here are not responsive and when they do respond they seem annoyed that they are being contacted again.

Interview Questions

The salary was incredibly low, which made me feel unvalued and like they don't care about you as a potential employee.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in December 2014.

Scheduled to meet with 3 people.

1st person I met with asked me to create a product and white board it. If you are not ready for this or working on the fly or have bad handwriting, practice before you show up. This is an aggressive request, I believe the idea is to catch you off guard.

2nd person I met with opened with asking my race, then focused alot on the fact that product managers did the wireframes. A product manager with UX or design experience would be a good fit.

3rd person I met with was more of a company overview and my chance to ask questions.

The good part of the interview is that you are able to decide if you would like to work for the person who is interviewing you.

Interview process and layout was formal, polite and everyone was nice.
    A mix of very new people and people who have been with the company for 5 years or more.
    There are a lot of new people and the company is going through rapid expansion.
    The process of product development is not totally streamlined however it sounds like they are getting there. They are still operating as a small company from what I gathered. The people who have been there for a long time seem to be a good place.
    They have a great suite of products any company would find valuable.

Interview Questions
    • As I walked in I was asked to create a product and white board it. I was asked to create a product for old people to share photos. "facebook" You will end up brainstorming with yourself if you are not prepared. You are being asked to do something that requires thought without having to be able to think it through. Don't mind it, could be a good way to weed out people for them or for you to weed yourself out.   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager - Mid Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

I had a phone interview with HR and hiring manager.Then I was Flown out to Santa Monica to meet with hiring manager and her boss. The interview process was fine and thr hiring manager said she would be in touch within 2 weeks. I never received any follow up even after emailing her twice. I thought this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself was not too stressful and was mostly conversational based on my industry experience and their goals for this team.   Answer Question

CRM Analyst Interview

Recruited 3 years ago through agency. Phone interview with Senior Manager and then face to face interview. Later onsite interview with HR and direct manager. Everyone I spoke with was very excited about the company and made me want to be a part of it. I haven't been disappointed!

Interview Questions
    • It was several years ago and I don't recall specific questions.   Answer Question

Client Insights Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

The interview process is very intuitive and a bit of a process. I prefer a company to be like this because it shows it wants to hire the right people rather then just anyone. 5 step process overall: recruiter call, hiring manager call, in-person interview, excel exam, Skype call with director of the department. Overall took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    Smooth and open conversation for all things compensation.

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

The interview process starts with a video interview through HireVue. If that goes well enough, you move onto a phone interview with two managers. Be prepared to answer questions on both HR related topics and technology.

Client Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in June 2014.

Cornerstone OnDemand promotes a positive employee culture, however their interview process does not reflect that at all. The process was very long and tedious. I had 4 interviews in 7 weeks. Two were video interviews. The 1st interview was a screening interview with a recruiter which was a pleasant and straightforward. The 2nd was a HireVue video interview, which was challenging with complex questions. I had done a lot of research on video interviews and had prepared well for the interview regarding the job and the company. I understand that video interviews have value to companies, but as a candidate, CSOD could have done a better job of making this a positive experience.

The 3rd was a 1:1 video interview with a manager which was conversational and straightforward. The 4th was a telephone interview with 2 other managers which was uncomfortable because it was not very conversational. I felt as though they were just going thru the motions, throwing questions at me and I was wasting their time. I was well-prepared for both of these interviews with a clear understanding of the job requirements, company, etc. I was told that the next step would be me doing a presentation via Webinar to 5-7 managers. The manager said that there was no 'in-person' interview in their process, which I found very odd.

I was notified by the recruiter that they were moving forward with another candidate. I asked for some feedback on my interviews so that I could learn from the experience. I never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your customer came to you and said that they are not getting what they are paying for?   Answer Question