Cornerstone Research

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I applied online and was called to set up an interview about a month later. First round was 2 30 min. interviews on the phone, half about resume, etc., half cases. Second round they flew me to the office. I had 5 case interviews, each a half hour. Overall positive experience but then I was abruptly rejected, and they would not give me feedback.

Interview Questions
    • A case about a patented item, and something about the company being able to sell it for more because they patented the functionality, not the product design itself. Can't remember exactly.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

The first round was a phone interview with 3 analysts. The interviewers were really friendly and guided me through the interviews. All you need to know is basic econ/econometrics concepts. The second round was in Menlo Park with 5 other people. Overall the experience was really positive. Reviewing cases on CR's website will help significantly.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

2 interviews on campus, then 5 done in their office. Each 40 minutes long with behavioral questions and a case study. The last 5 are the "final interviews" in their Boston office. Some interviews with other analysts and some were with associates.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research in November 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting and got invitation for first round interview about a week later. Two 45 min economic case interview after a short self introduction. People there were very nice and would lead you to the answer.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Applied through campus recruiting and received on campus interview. 90 minutes for total interview time, which was cut up in to 3 interviews. Each interview included a quick behavioral interview and then a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • 3 Business Cases: collusion, economic damages, growth.
      The collusion and economic damages were pretty straightforward and interview led, however, the growth question was very broad. Be sure to ask good questions without overasking questions.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

1st round - through on campus recruiting. Interviewed for 30 mins with two current analysts (total - 1 hour). It was a case interview, but not like the ones for Big 3. These were more based on proving certain theories/situations right or wrong.
    2nd round - in office. Interviewed with 3 different analysts for 30 mins each (total - 1.5 hours). The cases were significantly harder, but they were really helpful with the calculations. It was trying to figure out why damages sought in a particular business case were way overvalued and identifying the ways that the other team had created such a high number
    3rd round - still waiting to hear if I got a final round interview

Research Analyst Interview

Applied through university online and got an first round on campus interview 2 days after the deadline. The first round consisted of 15 min behavioral + 15 min case. I wasn't expecting the case in the first round actually.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was really nice and patient. No questions too difficult.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I received an Interview through campus career center. I was called in for a one on one campus interview. They asked a question on calculating damages on an intellectual property infringement case. The interviewer was perfectly nice

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question on calculating damages on an intellectual property infringement case   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I talked to a company representative at a career fair and applied online. The interview consisted of two 30 minute sessions with about 5 minutes of behavioral and 25 minutes of a case. This was the most enjoyable case interview experience I have had, as the cases were challenging but conceptual, so they didn't trip you up on arithmetic — it was just about intuition.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to sacrifice something for a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I applied through on campus recruiting and got an interview. Met with a senior analyst for the 30 min interview. Asked basic behavioral questions and a case question.
    Then got invited for second round also on campus. This time met with one analyst and one senior associate. Each interview is 45 min and is mix of behavioral and case questions.
    Did not get invited for final round.

Interview Questions
    • Case questions are very relevant to their work such as damage estimation.   Answer Question