Cornerstone Research Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.3

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I received an Interview through campus career center. I was called in for a one on one campus interview. They asked a question on calculating damages on an intellectual property infringement case. The interviewer was perfectly nice

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question on calculating damages on an intellectual property infringement case   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I talked to a company representative at a career fair and applied online. The interview consisted of two 30 minute sessions with about 5 minutes of behavioral and 25 minutes of a case. This was the most enjoyable case interview experience I have had, as the cases were challenging but conceptual, so they didn't trip you up on arithmetic — it was just about intuition.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to sacrifice something for a team.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I applied through on campus recruiting and got an interview. Met with a senior analyst for the 30 min interview. Asked basic behavioral questions and a case question.
    Then got invited for second round also on campus. This time met with one analyst and one senior associate. Each interview is 45 min and is mix of behavioral and case questions.
    Did not get invited for final round.

Interview Questions
    • Case questions are very relevant to their work such as damage estimation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I applied through on-campus recruiting. The process is fairly quick. It was 2 cases back-to-back, and lasts for around 1hr. The cases are not very hard. They just want to test your analytical and communication skills

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

I was emailed about receiving a phone interview and was asked to give my available times during the next week. A few days later, I received another email from the same employee saying I was not qualified enough for an interview. This was very upsetting and in my opinion, it was unprofessional to not go ahead with the interview I was promised.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research in October 2014.

I applied thru campus career website and received an interview invitation via email. I got a phone interview as the email stated that they wanted to interview with more people than the on-campus interview slots provided.
    There were two interviews in the first round. The interviewers were nice to lead you to think in the right track. The behavioral part was longer than I expected and the case part was shorter. The second interviewer spoke toooooooo fast and she even twisted herself. I had to ask her slow down the pace...... Overall it's a nice interview experience. You won't feel humiliated.....

Interview Questions
    • What is the thing you enjoyed the most and what is the thing that you would like to change in your internship   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Applied through campus career site.
    The first round was an on-ground back to back interview. Basic behavior ones and followed by a small case. Recruiters are really approachable and instructive during the case part.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cornerstone Research in September 2014.

I applied through on-campus recruiting. Two back to back case interviews 30 minutes each. One with a senior analyst (2 years in the firm) and another with an analyst (1 year in the firm). Both were real cases they've worked on in the past. The cases were fairly easy and both interviewers were friendly and willing to guide you to the right direction. They just want to see how you think/ analyze/ communicate. There weren't many behavioral questions.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cornerstone Research in September 2014.

Attended the information session. Recruited on campus college interview. Sent them my resume and cover letter through college database and they responded within the week. Met with a senior analyst and he asked me questions on my research and leadership experience. Then walked me through his case and asked me a question on it.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions then a case question on a case the interviewer worked on.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

applied through campus recruiting, got a phone call after 2 months, 2 phone case interviews with 2 45 minute case interviews each (with analyst, senior analyst, manager), final round interview in NY with lunch and 5 case interviews (analyst, senior analysts, partner)