Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cornerstone Research in March 2014.

Had two back to back initial phone interviews, each consisting of 15 minutes of behavioral and 15 minutes of case. Was emailed a relevant graph for one of the cases about an hour before the interview began. Neither case was bad at all, and they were very willing to push you in the right direction if you were unsure. Went in for a final round a few days later (had an expiring offer) -- they paid for all expenses and put me up in a hotel. There were five interviews and a lunch throughout the day. Four interviews were half behavioral/half case, and the last one was full behavioral. Overall a good interview experience. The cases weren't too bad, but a general knowledge of economics is pretty helpful, to be honest.

Interview Questions
  • Given a case with a Japanese pharmaceutical company and an American biotech company. With extra information, how do you analyze the terms of their supply contract?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cornerstone Research

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviews consisted of both case and behavioral questions. There were two parts to the interview, and there was a different interviewer for each. There were multiple rounds for this process; first round was on campus. Interviewers said that most of these case questions were based upon previous cases that they had worked on.

Interview Questions
    • The case questions during each of these interviews varied - some of the case questions were finance-related questions, whereas others were focused on economics (i.e. market failures). A solid economic background or grasp of economics is useful for some of the interview case questions. Behavioral questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cornerstone Research in January 2014.

Applied through college career website. Was contacted within a week about a first-round interview. Were very accommodating as regards study abroad, and the administration and the interviewers seemed very friendly, helpful and approachable. If you did some very quick skimming through economic consulting case examples. the interview would pose no challenge. I was even guided through my 1 hour long telephone interview by the two interviewers, helping me get a sense of where the whole thing was headed. The first round interview consisted of two cases asked by the two interviewers, as well as a tiny behavioral segment in the beginning. Although I though it went very well, I was puzzled to learn from an email a week later that I didn't get a callback for the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Valuation of damages due to patent infringement.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cornerstone Research in January 2014.

After applying through my campus career center, I was called in for an interview on campus. The interview was short--about 30 minutes--and consisted of typical behavioral questions followed by a short case. They were most interested in hearing about why I wanted to work in economic consulting, and what drew me to Cornerstone specifically. I did not receive a follow-up interview, which would have been in their New York office.

Interview Questions
    • The case was pretty out of the ordinary. Not a typical management consulting case, and not one that involved numbers. More interested in gauging your thinking.   Answer Question

2 rounds of interview, first round on campus

Interview Questions
    • a case question about strategy to manipulate crude oil futures prices   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Applied through school career center

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Quick 30 minute first-round interview. Basic resume review and then went through a heavily guided case. Friendly interviewer and low-pressure.

Interview Questions
    • This stock's price dropped 20% in one day. Tell me what happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cornerstone Research in April 2012.

Got passed 1 campus interview. Final round was 5 back to back interviews with analysts, associates and a VP. All interviews include a behavioral component and a case study. Some case studies were pretty tough. Overall the people were nice and friendly, and the interview experience was positive.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cornerstone Research in February 2013.

40 minute interview. 15 minutes of behavioral followed by a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you see in this data set. Does it make sense?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Cornerstone Research in March 2012.

One 30-minute phone interview was scheduled with a current analyst at the Boston office. I was expecting back-to-back interviews, but was told to only plan for one. 15 minutes of behavioral/experience questions and then a case (based on an actual client case at the time). The case ended up lasting 20-30 minutes and was finance-oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using mark-to-market versus mark-to-model asset valuations.   Answer Question

Worked for Cornerstone Research? Contribute to the Community!