Corning

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Imaging Engineer Interview

Imaging Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – 3 phone screens, two are technical related.
Onsite was a great experience, the day before interview is a tour of the town, with a visit to the museum and the hot glass show. Onsite was intense, interviewed by 8 members of the group, starting with a presentation of PhD reseach.

Interview Question – Kirsh Filter, a nonlinear filter whihc I never heard of   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Optical Engineer Interview

Optical Engineer
Corning, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Corning in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1. 45 mins Human resource phone interview with basic questions (personality, why this position, expectation, when to start, etc.); after then, asked for additional information acquired from manager;
2. two weeks later, 60 mins manager phone interview: experience with this position; details of resume;
3. two weeks later, 60 mins phone interview with engineer in this group: all technical; more details of the resume;
4. two weeks later, on site interview: 8:00 to 3:00; 1 hr presentation and question; then 1 on 1 interview with director, manager and engineers, each 45 mins; sharing their experience, responsibility, asking for your background, detailed practical technical problems in the work, and give a solution.
5. offer provided after 10 days.

Interview Question – No challenging questions as long as you are well prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good base and package, not negotiable.

Process Simulation Engineer Interview

Process Simulation Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Corning in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview scheduled within one week of resume submission. Got invited for on-site interview. Offer not generated yet. Some questions on failure analysis, mechanical testing and simulation using FEA software e.g. ANSYS and ABAQUS for brittle materials. Initially, it will be a contract position for few months before getting converted to full time. That is the company norm.

Interview Question – Lots of technical questions from your resume and good mix of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Plant Controller Interview

Plant Controller
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Corning in December 2013.

Interview Details – Received call from Human Resources who passed my information on to the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager and in person interview at the plant.The interview was with several mangers and potential employees or coworkers. Interview took about 5 hours which included onsite lunch

Interview Question – There were not what I consider to be difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by email to fill out a few employment surveys. I was then contacted by phone for one informal interview that was just to get to know me. I then scheduled a phone interview with the project manager I would be working with. They asked one technical question but it was very simple.

Interview Question – What would your ideal day at work be.   Answer Question

Infortmation Technology Interview

Infortmation Technology
Corning, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – Phone screening and at least one on site interview. Usually with HR, Manager, and Supervisor and sometimes a panel of peers (to verify experience and knowledge)

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Strategic Analyst Interview

Strategic Analyst

Interviewed at Corning

Interview Details – Most was about behavior questions. Specifically, reasons that I want to work for the company. Leadership experiences, why changing job position. weakness. School experiences, team work experience. I tried to answer to show my creativity, passion for technology, leadership, and customer-oriented mind.
Very friendly but 2 interviewers asked questions rapidly.

Interview Question – Why specifically Corning, manufacturing company.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Corning

Interview Details – Got a email asking for scheduling time for call, and had some conversation regarding resume and visual basic programming

Interview Question – general behavioral question   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Corning, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – Very detailed interview using behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Who was your most difficult customer and how did you handle him or her?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Corning in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very straight. I applied through on-campus interview. They asked me questions about my background and my experience to see whether it matches their needs.

Interview Question – It is almost all about experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!