Corning Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.8

Imaging Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Corning.

3 phone screens, two are technical related.
    Onsite was a great experience, the day before interview is a tour of the town, with a visit to the museum and the hot glass show. Onsite was intense, interviewed by 8 members of the group, starting with a presentation of PhD reseach.

Interview Questions
    • Kirsh Filter, a nonlinear filter whihc I never heard of   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning in June 2014.

1. 45 mins Human resource phone interview with basic questions (personality, why this position, expectation, when to start, etc.); after then, asked for additional information acquired from manager;
    2. two weeks later, 60 mins manager phone interview: experience with this position; details of resume;
    3. two weeks later, 60 mins phone interview with engineer in this group: all technical; more details of the resume;
    4. two weeks later, on site interview: 8:00 to 3:00; 1 hr presentation and question; then 1 on 1 interview with director, manager and engineers, each 45 mins; sharing their experience, responsibility, asking for your background, detailed practical technical problems in the work, and give a solution.
    5. offer provided after 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • No challenging questions as long as you are well prepared   Answer Question
    Good base and package, not negotiable.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Corning.

I applied online and was contacted by email to fill out a few employment surveys. I was then contacted by phone for one informal interview that was just to get to know me. I then scheduled a phone interview with the project manager I would be working with. They asked one technical question but it was very simple.

Process Simulation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Corning in April 2014.

Phone interview scheduled within one week of resume submission. Got invited for on-site interview. Offer not generated yet. Some questions on failure analysis, mechanical testing and simulation using FEA software e.g. ANSYS and ABAQUS for brittle materials. Initially, it will be a contract position for few months before getting converted to full time. That is the company norm.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions from your resume and good mix of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Infortmation Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Phone screening and at least one on site interview. Usually with HR, Manager, and Supervisor and sometimes a panel of peers (to verify experience and knowledge)

Strategic Analyst Interview

Most was about behavior questions. Specifically, reasons that I want to work for the company. Leadership experiences, why changing job position. weakness. School experiences, team work experience. I tried to answer to show my creativity, passion for technology, leadership, and customer-oriented mind.
    Very friendly but 2 interviewers asked questions rapidly.

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning in December 2013.

Received call from Human Resources who passed my information on to the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager and in person interview at the plant.The interview was with several mangers and potential employees or coworkers. Interview took about 5 hours which included onsite lunch

Interview Questions
    • There were not what I consider to be difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Got a email asking for scheduling time for call, and had some conversation regarding resume and visual basic programming

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Very detailed interview using behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Who was your most difficult customer and how did you handle him or her?   Answer Question

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Corning.

First there is an initial 10 minute phone screening. Then you will be asked to answer a questionnaire followed by a phone interview in which the interviewer paraphrases the questionnaire. A month later there was an all day onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers did not ask a lot of questions. It was your responsibility to ask the questions.   Answer Question