Corning Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.9

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Corning (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

First the individual 1:1 phone interview. After that I was asked to come in for an onsite interview which consisted of a 30 min presentation in front of who could potentially be colleagues followed by 10-15 min of questioning. After the presentation I had several 1:1 interviews with the hiring manager, process engineers directors, and possible colleagues. Afterthe interview I waited approximately two weeks for a non-formal offer and a formal offer within that week.

Interview Questions

• questions reguarding process issue corrective actions and what processes I would use for problem solving.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Corning in March 2015.

Interview

Dropped a resume at my university's engineering career fair and got a fast response about open internship positions. I was pretty busy at the time and wasn't able to type up answers to some behavioral questions they sent until a few weeks later. I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them the next morning and got a phone interview set up for a few days later. The recruiter who initially contacted me was very helpful and seemed like he really wanted me to get the offer. The supervisor who interviewed me was also friendly and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects due at the same time?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a HR phone interview. A week later, was flown in for an interview onsite. Interviews with HR, hiring manager, lab manager, two senior engineers, each 30 minutes long. Lunch with hiring manager and finally a tour of the facility. Questions were straightforward, hiring manager did a good job explaining the position. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Best and worst presentation experiences
      Corning is a small town, why do you want to move here?

Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning.

Interview

I applied through recruiter and it was phone interview at first. I did not get any feedback at all.At least company should give positive or negative feedback. I waited for two months and also try to reach management for interview feedback.

Ceramic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Interview

Process was fairly quick after being contacted. On-site interview consisted of day long 1 on 1 interviews with various people that you would work with/report to if you were to get the job. Also had to make a presentation and presented (~15 min) to a group of engineers in the division. Overall the process was fairly relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would go about solving a problem that they were encountering at the time with their process. Even they were not yet fully sure what the problem was, it was just designed for them to see how you react to and solve problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy. I got the feeling that I was supposed to have worked in a plant environment before I came into the office for an interview. A lot of people asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Technical jargon and acronyms were expected to be known.   Answer Question

Overall feeling of group interviewed with.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a short (10 minutes) phone interview with someone from HR and then I had a 30 minute phone interview with the project manager that I would be interning for. The second interview started as normal. He asked me general questions and then moved onto personal questions such as what type of research/projects I have done.Then had questions about what I'm doing for Masters and what my future goals were professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for this particular Internship and what else did I apply for at Corning?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Slow process but well worth the wait. I was told there were several hundred applications for the same position. A lot of sifting through the resumes to find the most qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult project you ever handledand why was it difficult?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Corning (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, then there was an on site interview with eight different people. The interview was all day long event, including a lunch interview with two people. After a week, I was called with a verbal offer then received a written offer two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was good, did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by office interviews. Corning is a classy company. Everyone was extremely kind and helpful. Each step of the process took a long time but I think this shows how careful the company is in candidate screening which is a great thing.

The interviews with the hiring managers were comfortable for me because we spoke of the technical aspects of the job as well as the culture of the department. All of this was a very positive experience. The more difficult interviews were with the executives and the Human Resources Department. These were short but contained the more standard interviewing questions and focus on communicating expectations of the job.