Corning

Getting the Interview

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by email to fill out a few employment surveys. I was then contacted by phone for one informal interview that was just to get to know me. I then scheduled a phone interview with the project manager I would be working with. They asked one technical question but it was very simple.

Interview Question – What would your ideal day at work be.   Answer Question

Infortmation Technology Interview

Corning, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – Phone screening and at least one on site interview. Usually with HR, Manager, and Supervisor and sometimes a panel of peers (to verify experience and knowledge)

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Strategic Analyst Interview

Strategic Analyst

Interviewed at Corning

Interview Details – Most was about behavior questions. Specifically, reasons that I want to work for the company. Leadership experiences, why changing job position. weakness. School experiences, team work experience. I tried to answer to show my creativity, passion for technology, leadership, and customer-oriented mind.
Very friendly but 2 interviewers asked questions rapidly.

Interview Question – Why specifically Corning, manufacturing company.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Corning

Interview Details – Got a email asking for scheduling time for call, and had some conversation regarding resume and visual basic programming

Interview Question – general behavioral question   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Corning, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – Very detailed interview using behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Who was your most difficult customer and how did you handle him or her?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Corning in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very straight. I applied through on-campus interview. They asked me questions about my background and my experience to see whether it matches their needs.

Interview Question – It is almost all about experience.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Process & Test Engineer – Contract Position Interview

Fairport, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Corning in July 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 6 to 7 different people for just a 6-month contract position. Lots of people to work through for something so short.

Interview Question – Lots of questions for a short experience. Would think they'd do something like this if a person was hired full time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none because it was contract

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Corning.

Interview Details – First there is an initial 10 minute phone screening. Then you will be asked to answer a questionnaire followed by a phone interview in which the interviewer paraphrases the questionnaire. A month later there was an all day onsite interview.

Interview Question – The interviewers did not ask a lot of questions. It was your responsibility to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Melting Technology Engineer Interview

Harrodsburg, KY

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Corning in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a different position and was "encouraged" to apply for the Melting Technology Engineer position. First and foremost, the interview process with Corning is exceptionally long. From initial application to final notice was a total of 3 months and 8 days.

The interview process consisted of the initial online application, a follow up questionnaire about job specific issues, a phone interview with Human Resources, a phone interview with the Hiring Manager, a series of in person 1:1 interviews that lasted 8 hours and a follow up phone interviews with expat engineers.

Be prepared for interviews with engineers not in the department you are interviewing with. It is clear the majority of the people who do interview a candidate do not bother to read their resume. The individuals who take time to read a candidate's resume will stand out.

Interview Question – Describe one instance where you had to resolve a conflict within a group and what the result was.   Answer Question

R&D Intern Interview

Corning, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Corning in March 2012.

Interview Details – Obtained job description from a career services office at my university. Filled out their questionnaire and sent my resume. Did not get initial job but later got an email for a phone interview for a similar position. Phone interview was not too difficult.

Interview Question – Detailed questions on my main research experiences on my resume. No really unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corning

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corning interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by Corning employees and interview candidates.