Corning

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Corning.

Slow process but well worth the wait. I was told there were several hundred applications for the same position. A lot of sifting through the resumes to find the most qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most difficult project you ever handledand why was it difficult?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Corning.

Initial phone screen with HR, then there was an on site interview with eight different people. The interview was all day long event, including a lunch interview with two people. After a week, I was called with a verbal offer then received a written offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    Offer was good, did not negotiate.

Senior Benefits Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning in September 2014.

I had a phone interview followed by office interviews. Corning is a classy company. Everyone was extremely kind and helpful. Each step of the process took a long time but I think this shows how careful the company is in candidate screening which is a great thing.

The interviews with the hiring managers were comfortable for me because we spoke of the technical aspects of the job as well as the culture of the department. All of this was a very positive experience. The more difficult interviews were with the executives and the Human Resources Department. These were short but contained the more standard interviewing questions and focus on communicating expectations of the job.

Imaging Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Corning.

3 phone screens, two are technical related.
    Onsite was a great experience, the day before interview is a tour of the town, with a visit to the museum and the hot glass show. Onsite was intense, interviewed by 8 members of the group, starting with a presentation of PhD reseach.

Interview Questions
    • Kirsh Filter, a nonlinear filter whihc I never heard of   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning in June 2014.

1. 45 mins Human resource phone interview with basic questions (personality, why this position, expectation, when to start, etc.); after then, asked for additional information acquired from manager;
    2. two weeks later, 60 mins manager phone interview: experience with this position; details of resume;
    3. two weeks later, 60 mins phone interview with engineer in this group: all technical; more details of the resume;
    4. two weeks later, on site interview: 8:00 to 3:00; 1 hr presentation and question; then 1 on 1 interview with director, manager and engineers, each 45 mins; sharing their experience, responsibility, asking for your background, detailed practical technical problems in the work, and give a solution.
    5. offer provided after 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • No challenging questions as long as you are well prepared   Answer Question
    Good base and package, not negotiable.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Corning.

I applied online and was contacted by email to fill out a few employment surveys. I was then contacted by phone for one informal interview that was just to get to know me. I then scheduled a phone interview with the project manager I would be working with. They asked one technical question but it was very simple.

Process Simulation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Corning in April 2014.

Phone interview scheduled within one week of resume submission. Got invited for on-site interview. Offer not generated yet. Some questions on failure analysis, mechanical testing and simulation using FEA software e.g. ANSYS and ABAQUS for brittle materials. Initially, it will be a contract position for few months before getting converted to full time. That is the company norm.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions from your resume and good mix of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Infortmation Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Phone screening and at least one on site interview. Usually with HR, Manager, and Supervisor and sometimes a panel of peers (to verify experience and knowledge)

Strategic Analyst Interview

Most was about behavior questions. Specifically, reasons that I want to work for the company. Leadership experiences, why changing job position. weakness. School experiences, team work experience. I tried to answer to show my creativity, passion for technology, leadership, and customer-oriented mind.
    Very friendly but 2 interviewers asked questions rapidly.

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning in December 2013.

Received call from Human Resources who passed my information on to the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager and in person interview at the plant.The interview was with several mangers and potential employees or coworkers. Interview took about 5 hours which included onsite lunch

Interview Questions
    • There were not what I consider to be difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question