Corning Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Corning (Corning, NY).

Interview

Interiew process was brutal but very effective. I was told weeks in advance that I was expected to give a presentation about myself. General background info as well highlighting a project I was particularly proud of. I presented this to the interview team of 8 or 9 people. Then after about 45 minutes, we broke off 1:1 with each person for more tech deep dive. Interview ended with a tour of the facility with the hiring manager. Entire process took all day.

Forming Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Corning (Harrodsburg, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

1st week. Phone Screen Interview with HR member. 2nd week. Phone Screen Interview with member of team 4th week. On-site interview: 1:1 with eight members ranging from 30 minutes to an hour. All the questions in the interview were behavioral based. They wanted to get to know you and learn about you. Be prepared to explain your resume in detail. I received offer in the seventh week.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to study this major? Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Corning (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

First the individual 1:1 phone interview. After that I was asked to come in for an onsite interview which consisted of a 30 min presentation in front of who could potentially be colleagues followed by 10-15 min of questioning. After the presentation I had several 1:1 interviews with the hiring manager, process engineers directors, and possible colleagues. Afterthe interview I waited approximately two weeks for a non-formal offer and a formal offer within that week.

Interview Questions

• questions reguarding process issue corrective actions and what processes I would use for problem solving.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Corning in March 2015.

Interview

Dropped a resume at my university's engineering career fair and got a fast response about open internship positions. I was pretty busy at the time and wasn't able to type up answers to some behavioral questions they sent until a few weeks later. I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them the next morning and got a phone interview set up for a few days later. The recruiter who initially contacted me was very helpful and seemed like he really wanted me to get the offer. The supervisor who interviewed me was also friendly and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects due at the same time?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning.

Interview

I applied through recruiter and it was phone interview at first. I did not get any feedback at all.At least company should give positive or negative feedback. I waited for two months and also try to reach management for interview feedback.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a HR phone interview. A week later, was flown in for an interview onsite. Interviews with HR, hiring manager, lab manager, two senior engineers, each 30 minutes long. Lunch with hiring manager and finally a tour of the facility. Questions were straightforward, hiring manager did a good job explaining the position. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Best and worst presentation experiences Corning is a small town, why do you want to move here?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennebunk, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Corning (Kennebunk, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call scheduling a phone interview. Come time for the interview, I waited and waited and never heard from them. I tried to get in touch to reschedule, and no one ever got back to me. They showed a total disregard for my time, and I lost a lot of respect for them as a company.

Statistical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, I submitted the application, and completed a phone interview, and then was invited for an in-person interview (there were several conversations with HR and the hiring manager to arrange that). The in-person interview was a full-day affair, with a presentation of my work as well as meetings with several potential coworkers. After the in-person interview, I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

Two-body problem meant that it was difficult to relocate.

Ceramic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Interview

Process was fairly quick after being contacted. On-site interview consisted of day long 1 on 1 interviews with various people that you would work with/report to if you were to get the job. Also had to make a presentation and presented (~15 min) to a group of engineers in the division. Overall the process was fairly relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would go about solving a problem that they were encountering at the time with their process. Even they were not yet fully sure what the problem was, it was just designed for them to see how you react to and solve problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy. I got the feeling that I was supposed to have worked in a plant environment before I came into the office for an interview. A lot of people asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Technical jargon and acronyms were expected to be known.   Answer Question

Overall feeling of group interviewed with.