Corning Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy. I got the feeling that I was supposed to have worked in a plant environment before I came into the office for an interview. A lot of people asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Technical jargon and acronyms were expected to be known.   Answer Question

Overall feeling of group interviewed with.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Hickory, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a short (10 minutes) phone interview with someone from HR and then I had a 30 minute phone interview with the project manager that I would be interning for. The second interview started as normal. He asked me general questions and then moved onto personal questions such as what type of research/projects I have done.Then had questions about what I'm doing for Masters and what my future goals were professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for this particular Internship and what else did I apply for at Corning?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Slow process but well worth the wait. I was told there were several hundred applications for the same position. A lot of sifting through the resumes to find the most qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult project you ever handledand why was it difficult?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Corning (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, then there was an on site interview with eight different people. The interview was all day long event, including a lunch interview with two people. After a week, I was called with a verbal offer then received a written offer two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was good, did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by office interviews. Corning is a classy company. Everyone was extremely kind and helpful. Each step of the process took a long time but I think this shows how careful the company is in candidate screening which is a great thing. The interviews with the hiring managers were comfortable for me because we spoke of the technical aspects of the job as well as the culture of the department. All of this was a very positive experience. The more difficult interviews were with the executives and the Human Resources Department. These were short but contained the more standard interviewing questions and focus on communicating expectations of the job.

Cost Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a contract position. The recruiter took phone interview and at Corning it was 1:1. The next day the recruiter sent me the job offer and I accepted. Then the employment agency did background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What challenges you have faced in your last job and how you have handled that?   Answer Question

Imaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

3 phone screens, two are technical related. Onsite was a great experience, the day before interview is a tour of the town, with a visit to the museum and the hot glass show. Onsite was intense, interviewed by 8 members of the group, starting with a presentation of PhD reseach.

Interview Questions

• Kirsh Filter, a nonlinear filter whihc I never heard of   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

1. 45 mins Human resource phone interview with basic questions (personality, why this position, expectation, when to start, etc.); after then, asked for additional information acquired from manager; 2. two weeks later, 60 mins manager phone interview: experience with this position; details of resume; 3. two weeks later, 60 mins phone interview with engineer in this group: all technical; more details of the resume; 4. two weeks later, on site interview: 8:00 to 3:00; 1 hr presentation and question; then 1 on 1 interview with director, manager and engineers, each 45 mins; sharing their experience, responsibility, asking for your background, detailed practical technical problems in the work, and give a solution. 5. offer provided after 10 days.

Interview Questions

• No challenging questions as long as you are well prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good base and package, not negotiable.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painted Post, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corning (Painted Post, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Details of technical knowlege, thorough cross questioning. A lot of technical questions and personality interviews for a couple of days. The people were all very nice and courteous while being very thorough. When asked about the company, the responses were very frank including positives and negatives. I have been in the company for a year now and feel the interactions were very honest

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join industry and not academia   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to fill out a few employment surveys. I was then contacted by phone for one informal interview that was just to get to know me. I then scheduled a phone interview with the project manager I would be working with. They asked one technical question but it was very simple.