Corning Interview Questions

2.8

Melting Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Corning in August 2013.

Applied for a different position and was "encouraged" to apply for the Melting Technology Engineer position. First and foremost, the interview process with Corning is exceptionally long. From initial application to final notice was a total of 3 months and 8 days.

The interview process consisted of the initial online application, a follow up questionnaire about job specific issues, a phone interview with Human Resources, a phone interview with the Hiring Manager, a series of in person 1:1 interviews that lasted 8 hours and a follow up phone interviews with expat engineers.

Be prepared for interviews with engineers not in the department you are interviewing with. It is clear the majority of the people who do interview a candidate do not bother to read their resume. The individuals who take time to read a candidate's resume will stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one instance where you had to resolve a conflict within a group and what the result was.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Corning.

I initially applied for the position through my college website and was contacted within a few weeks. I set up an interview for a friday afternoon. During the interview I met with most of the department (4-5 individuals) mainly discussed my past work experiences and then went was walked through the production floor and shown what they do on a daily basis. Overall it was very relaxed and I knew within the first few minutes of the interview that this was going to be a very enjoyable place to work everyday.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Corning.

Applied online. Got invited to interview on campus with rep. After that did multiple phone interviews none of which had knowledge of original interview. Did have an info session on campus day before the interview and was helpful in meeting the recruiters and getting to know them so you felt more at easy during the interview.

Intern Interview

1 interview, 3 phone interview

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Corning.

Interview process was very upbeat, positive,

There was none. I accepted the offer.

Process Control Engineer Interview

Nothing unexpected. Questions are already posted in this forum.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Corning.

Hours of testing

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Corning in February 2013.

1. phone interview by hiring manager
    2. phone interview by HR
    3. on-site interview
    Ph.D level on-site interview:
    1.30~35 min presentation followed by 15~20min Q&A
    2. 1:1 interview by hiring manager, site director
    3. lunch with potential team members
    4. 1:1 interview by other team leaders/specialists

Interview Questions
    • Not too much difficult or unexpected questions if well prepared.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Got a call without any prior notice. Asked about when I can graduate and that's it. Lasted about one minute or two.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corning in January 2013.

I had to communicate with three Corning HR Reps / Recruiters in the interviewing process.

The first contact was made by a HR representative to schedule for phone interview. I insisted on an in-person interview, so I ended up interviewing with the hiring manager. There were multiple interruptions during the interview. People would come into the room and discussed issues with the hiring manager. Nevertheless, the interview went well and lasted around 2 hours. He invited me back for a presentation as well as a group interview. The group interview comprised of managers from quality, operation, plant manager, product development, and tech service. The interview lasted half day. At the end of the interview, I was advised that the hiring decision would be made within a week. I followed up after the second week and learned that there were multiple candidates inconsideration, but there were still no hiring decision. I was advised again that the decision will be made on the 3rd week, but I did not hear anything back during or beyond the 3rd week.

Couple days later, the position was posted again.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring team tend to be technical in interview questions. There were specific questions regarding the understanding of equipment and process.   Answer Question