Corning Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corning in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled within one week of resume submission. Got invited for on-site interview. Offer not generated yet. Some questions on failure analysis, mechanical testing and simulation using FEA software e.g. ANSYS and ABAQUS for brittle materials. Initially, it will be a contract position for few months before getting converted to full time. That is the company norm.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions from your resume and good mix of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience and it wasn't a hard process at all. Just be prepared for any behavioral question and be ready to explain each bullet point on your resume in depth. Everyone was real friendly. Just remember you must have what the company needs if you made it to the interview process. I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• I was asked behavioral type questions. I wasn't really asked anything technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Corning in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through college website. Took 5 weeks. HR asked me to apply on company's website. Took 3.5 weeks, got invited for phone interview. Conference call with four senior managers. I already had other internship offers, so I told HR to get back to me quickly. Got offered the internship 2 hrs after the interview. Praise Jesus!

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths? What is the most interesting course you took in college? Which course was the least interesting?   Answer Question

Imaging Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called by the HR staff to set a phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager described general responsibilities of the position, asked me about my experiences and some questions to make sure I really know what I talk about. Two week later, I got an email from HR that said hiring manager would like to have me in Corning for an onsite interview. The onsite interview took a whole day total. First, I presented my work for an hour to a group of 10-15 managers and employees. Later, I met with them individually and each asked some questions about my work. I also got a chance to ask them some questions about Corning and if they like it there. I think the interview went really well on my side. Hiring manager was supposed to let me know in two weeks about the outcome of my interview and their decision, but unfortunately he never contacted me or responded to my emails. After interview, I sent him a thank you message and inquire about their decision a couple week after, but no response. I was not even contacted by a HR person about the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• - Some detailed questions about my presentation - Are you willing to learn new areas depending on the project? - Are you going to stay and work for Corning or you will leave after a couple years? - How do you like the cold weather and living in a small city?   Answer Question

Infortmation Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY).

Interview

Phone screening and at least one on site interview. Usually with HR, Manager, and Supervisor and sometimes a panel of peers (to verify experience and knowledge)

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Strategic Analyst Interview

Interview

Most was about behavior questions. Specifically, reasons that I want to work for the company. Leadership experiences, why changing job position. weakness. School experiences, team work experience. I tried to answer to show my creativity, passion for technology, leadership, and customer-oriented mind. Very friendly but 2 interviewers asked questions rapidly.

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Arlington, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

Received call from Human Resources who passed my information on to the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager and in person interview at the plant.The interview was with several mangers and potential employees or coworkers. Interview took about 5 hours which included onsite lunch

Interview Questions

• There were not what I consider to be difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a email asking for scheduling time for call, and had some conversation regarding resume and visual basic programming

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY).

Interview

Very detailed interview using behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most difficult customer and how did you handle him or her?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

First there is an initial 10 minute phone screening. Then you will be asked to answer a questionnaire followed by a phone interview in which the interviewer paraphrases the questionnaire. A month later there was an all day onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers did not ask a lot of questions. It was your responsibility to ask the questions.   Answer Question