Corning Project Manager Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy. I got the feeling that I was supposed to have worked in a plant environment before I came into the office for an interview. A lot of people asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Technical jargon and acronyms were expected to be known.   Answer Question

Overall feeling of group interviewed with.

Other Interview Reviews for Corning

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Slow process but well worth the wait. I was told there were several hundred applications for the same position. A lot of sifting through the resumes to find the most qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult project you ever handledand why was it difficult?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter conducted phone screen. Then a skills test was administered. Then the hiring manager conducted a phone screen. Then there was an in-person interview with 2 personnel. What became clear from the interview process was the following: 1. contractors are largely running the enterprise PMO....40 out of 51 are contractors, 2. there was a significant project backlog but that projects were consistently behind schedule and no one was sure why...i.e., they are lost., 3. senior management is reluctant to bring on more resources because due to consistent delivery lateness even thought there is a large project backlog, 4. the interviewers, although older...>50, were novices at interviewing who spent more time making statements then in eliciting responses.

Interview Questions

• You've held much more senior positions, what makes you think you can do a junior person's job?   Answer Question
    • How would you assure SOX compliance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

New office space in a great location and what appears to be a comfortable environment. Prepare to give a presentation on your past accomplishments and experiences. The team and management values the presentation more than your experience.