Corning Senior Scientist Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

1. phone interview by hiring manager 2. phone interview by HR 3. on-site interview Ph.D level on-site interview: 1.30~35 min presentation followed by 15~20min Q&A 2. 1:1 interview by hiring manager, site director 3. lunch with potential team members 4. 1:1 interview by other team leaders/specialists

Interview Questions

• Not too much difficult or unexpected questions if well prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Corning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

interview starts with the breakfast of the first day with 1 to 1 talk with a senior scientist. Then I did a presentation about my research for 1 hour with several questions and discussions followed. Most of the following 1 to 1 interviews are based on this presentation. I had lunch, dinner and next breakfast with managers and scientists and took 2 days to finish up. First half of the second day was interviews, but it ended by noon and the second half was a Corning city tour. Then the most frustrating part comes; waiting for the reply. It took like 2 months until I got a disappointing reply. According to the manager, my presentation was good and all the group members liked me. But, due to the budget cut, the position itself disappeared. If that is the case, it would be much better to know it earlier than waiting for 2 months for nothing.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you most for the work? Provide experience and achievement to support it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Recruiting was friendly. Each one in the interview team asked probing but appropriate questings. Team work is valued in the culture. Do not pretent you know the answer for the question if you don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

To a small extent