Corning

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Corning in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1. phone interview by hiring manager
2. phone interview by HR
3. on-site interview
Ph.D level on-site interview:
1.30~35 min presentation followed by 15~20min Q&A
2. 1:1 interview by hiring manager, site director
3. lunch with potential team members
4. 1:1 interview by other team leaders/specialists

Interview Question – Not too much difficult or unexpected questions if well prepared.   Answer Question

Corning, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Corning in March 2012.

Interview Details – interview starts with the breakfast of the first day with 1 to 1 talk with a senior scientist.
Then I did a presentation about my research for 1 hour with several questions and discussions followed.
Most of the following 1 to 1 interviews are based on this presentation.
I had lunch, dinner and next breakfast with managers and scientists and took 2 days to finish up.
First half of the second day was interviews, but it ended by noon and the second half was a Corning city tour.

Then the most frustrating part comes; waiting for the reply.
It took like 2 months until I got a disappointing reply.
According to the manager, my presentation was good and all the group members liked me.
But, due to the budget cut, the position itself disappeared.

If that is the case, it would be much better to know it earlier than waiting for 2 months for nothing.

Interview Question – What motivates you most for the work? Provide experience and achievement to support it.   Answer Question

Corning, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Corning in November 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiting was friendly. Each one in the interview team asked probing but appropriate questings. Team work is valued in the culture. Do not pretent you know the answer for the question if you don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – To a small extent

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corning

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corning Senior Scientist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Corning employees and interview candidates.