Corporate Office Properties Trust

Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corporate Office Properties Trust

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust.

Interview

The interview process was unbelievably disrespectful and beyond ridiculous. The company strung me along for 5 months. Yes, that's not a mistake, 5 months. There were two points in the 5 month process where I had completely written them off and forgotten about the job, only to get a call a month later asking me to come in again.

I had two phone interviews, and then they required I come into their offices twice during that 5 month period and set aside half of my day to interview with a total of 7 people.

In the end, I got another offer and decided to take it, and so took myself out of the running for this position. I decided I wouldn't want to work for a company who clearly didn't have its act together, and treated people so poorly. I figured that was pretty representative of the way they must do business.

I sent them a very respectful email, telling them I had decided to go another way, and then oddly got a call from them 4 days later saying they had decided to hire someone else (umm, I couldn't care less, I already told you I had accepted another job), but the real ringer was that they said my salary requirements are too high.

Well, if that is the case, then they were clearly and purposefully wasting all my time over the 5 months. Not only did their job application require I put in my salary requirements (which I did), but the person doing the hiring asked me again the first time I met him in person.

So in the end, it appears they wasted 5 months of my time, requiring me to take multiple days off work to accommodate their multiple interviews etc, even though they knew from day one what my compensation requirements were.

Tread carefully with this company and keep your expectations exceptionally low if you want to apply to a job there.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust.

Interview

The interview process was very tedious. I interviewed three times. I have to say it was very thorough and at times the questions just kept coming, but I guess you have to be thorough if you want quality people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were able to resolve an issue and how.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Corporate Office Properties Trust in March 2010.

Interview

Clear and concise interview process. Was interviewed by supervisor and then HR

Interview Questions

• Name a specific problem encountered in the workplace and how you solved it.   Answer Question