Corrections Corporation of America
www.cca.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Corrections Corporation of America Correctional Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Correctional Officer Interview

Correctional Officer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview Details – The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Corrections Officer Interview

Corrections Officer

I applied online - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go online to put in my application. The process was pretty easy. I think it was about a month later that I received an email and phone call for an interview. I later found out that the person interviewing me was not even management staff and had nothing to do with the security department. This person was rude, almost confrontational and lied to me saying that they were an assistant warden from another facility helping out. If I had not been desperately wanting to get out of the job I was in while going for this interview, I probably would not have accepted the employment offer. If I had known that the interviewer was lying to me, I would not have accepted the offer.

Interview Question – If you were asked to bring contraband into the facility or was offered to have a relationship with an offender what would you do? If you knew of an officer party to any of the activities above what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They had a set offer and would not budge from that.

Very Easy Interview

Correctional Officer Interview

Correctional Officer
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in February 2012.

Interview Details – applied online. Received a phone call maybe 2 weeks afterward. Pretty basic interview as i have been in security for many years. Was 2 person panel. My advice is be honest and know what you are walking into. People who interviewed me we friendly and made it pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate exposed themselves to you?   Answer Question
  • Could you use deadly force to protect a sex offender, officer or another inmate?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corrections Officer Interview

Corrections Officer

Interview Details – I applied online through their website and recieved a phone call approximately 2 weeks later, asking me if I was still interested, and scheduled an interview at the facility. Interview was a panel type interview, with a supervisor (Captain) and another admin rep. Questions were pretty basic... Asked a lot of "what would you do if..." questions. The key is to not think like you're trying to be a Corrections Officer. Keep it simple, and use common sense. After the interview, I was asked to step outside while they discussed my interview. Afterwards, I was told to report back for a drug test and psychological test/interview (everyone who made it past the initial interview was accepted.

Interview Question – You're working alone in a unit when another officer says he is in trouble, and needs assistance- What do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Compensation was already discussed prior to offer. No difference based on experience or education.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Corrections Corporation of America

Worked for Corrections Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corrections Corporation of America Correctional Officer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Corrections Corporation of America employees and interview candidates.