Corrections Corporation of America Corrections Officer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (San Diego, CA).

Interview

So with any privatized contract company its all about a clean record and credit report that is in good standing. After those two major obstacles then it is about relevant military or prior law enforcement experience. After working here I always thought they should do some sort of character test to implement in this process as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were scenario based and what would you do, common sense type answers   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 months from the time that I applied to the day I started. It can be a fast process if all paperwork and physical test are completed without any issues overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Lots of what would you do and what if questions with more then one person interviewing you at the same time   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksboro, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Jacksboro, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Was asked some questions did a drug test a tb test and a pat test had to wait 48 - 72 hours so they could read my tb test then started two weeks later

Corrections Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in March 2012.

Interview

I had to go online to put in my application. The process was pretty easy. I think it was about a month later that I received an email and phone call for an interview. I later found out that the person interviewing me was not even management staff and had nothing to do with the security department. This person was rude, almost confrontational and lied to me saying that they were an assistant warden from another facility helping out. If I had not been desperately wanting to get out of the job I was in while going for this interview, I probably would not have accepted the employment offer. If I had known that the interviewer was lying to me, I would not have accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to bring contraband into the facility or was offered to have a relationship with an offender what would you do? If you knew of an officer party to any of the activities above what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a set offer and would not budge from that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

applied online. Received a phone call maybe 2 weeks afterward. Pretty basic interview as i have been in security for many years. Was 2 person panel. My advice is be honest and know what you are walking into. People who interviewed me we friendly and made it pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate exposed themselves to you?   1 Answer
    • Could you use deadly force to protect a sex offender, officer or another inmate?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online through their website and recieved a phone call approximately 2 weeks later, asking me if I was still interested, and scheduled an interview at the facility. Interview was a panel type interview, with a supervisor (Captain) and another admin rep. Questions were pretty basic... Asked a lot of "what would you do if..." questions. The key is to not think like you're trying to be a Corrections Officer. Keep it simple, and use common sense. After the interview, I was asked to step outside while they discussed my interview. Afterwards, I was told to report back for a drug test and psychological test/interview (everyone who made it past the initial interview was accepted.

Interview Questions

• You're working alone in a unit when another officer says he is in trouble, and needs assistance- What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation was already discussed prior to offer. No difference based on experience or education.