Corrections Corporation of America Detention Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.0

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

interviewed in front of 4-5 people: Warden, Assistant Warden, Chief of Security, and a sargeant. It took me over a year to hear back after filling out the application. The process has changed somewhat but it still takes awhile from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you willing to work (in hindsight, I would have been more specific)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a job offer on letterhead.

Other Interview Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America

Detention Officer Interview

Interview

Basic interview process. No one person conducts all interviews. Several administrators will conduct interviews; all depends on who you can impress. Once the interview is complete, you will immediately conduct a computerized survey of questions. This is probably where the real interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• If you are not acquainted with a corrections type of environment, trying to picture yourself in a setting like this full of "residents" ranging from 60-100 per one officer is a little nerve racking.   Answer Question

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

Dress the part of a business minded person and always look your interviewer straight in the eye; it shows confidence in yourself. Don't volunteer information, let them ask all the questions. Never mention money until after you are assured the position.

Interview Questions

• No off the mark questions will be asked of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone is paid the same across the board for detention officers.

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Interview

It was a very generic interview. They asked a few questions about how you would react in certain situations and how would you treat a person if you new this or that about them. I was surprised that the interview was not more in depth it was very surface level. The security clearance was what surprised me, it took 6 months to get my clearance and it was then that I could actually be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if an inmate showed his/her genitalia to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my way or the highway with CCA.