Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Corrections Corporation of America
- Correctional Officer (4)
- Detention Officer (4)
- Corrections Officer (4)
- Registered Nurse (2)
- Academic Instructor (2)
- Field Engineer (1)
- Human Resources Assistant (1)
- Human Resources Manager (1)
- Department Head (1)
- Chaplain (1)
- C/O (1)
- Systems Specialist (1)
- Co (1)
- Business Manager (1)
- Lieutenant of Correctional Officers (1)
- Manager, Operations Finance (1)
Detention Officer Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.
interviewed in front of 4-5 people: Warden, Assistant Warden, Chief of Security, and a sargeant. It took me over a year to hear back after filling out the application. The process has changed somewhat but it still takes awhile from start to finish.
- What hours are you willing to work (in hindsight, I would have been more specific) 1 Answer
I received a job offer on letterhead.
Other Interview Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America
Detention Officer InterviewAccepted Offer
Basic interview process. No one person conducts all interviews. Several administrators will conduct interviews; all depends on who you can impress. Once the interview is complete, you will immediately conduct a computerized survey of questions. This is probably where the real interview takes place.
- If you are not acquainted with a corrections type of environment, trying to picture yourself in a setting like this full of "residents" ranging from 60-100 per one officer is a little nerve racking. Answer Question
Detention Officer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.
Dress the part of a business minded person and always look your interviewer straight in the eye; it shows confidence in yourself. Don't volunteer information, let them ask all the questions. Never mention money until after you are assured the position.
- No off the mark questions will be asked of you. 1 Answer
Everyone is paid the same across the board for detention officers.
Detention Officer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.
It was a very generic interview. They asked a few questions about how you would react in certain situations and how would you treat a person if you new this or that about them. I was surprised that the interview was not more in depth it was very surface level. The security clearance was what surprised me, it took 6 months to get my clearance and it was then that I could actually be hired.
- How would you react if an inmate showed his/her genitalia to you? Answer Question
It was my way or the highway with CCA.