Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in August 2014.

Initially I received a phone call from the HR department at the Marion County Jail to schedule an interview. There were several times/days available. I had some difficulty upon entering the facility as I had not been previously informed that purses/bags are not allowed inside nor are cell phones. I was able to take those things back out to my car. After re-entering the facility I was informed that the dress code policy states that anyone entering the building is required to wear sleeves--I happened to be wearing a dress shirt that did not have sleeves. The receptionist allowed me to enter "since I wouldn't be going any farther than the interview room". Some time later I was greeted by the two people who interviewed me. They were very friendly and easy-going. They gave me some details about the position then asked a series of basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult/unexpected question was "What is something that only your close friends or family would know about you?"   Answer Question

C/O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in June 2011.

They hiring and interview process was so slow it was 3 months from the time that I applied till I found out that I got the job. even after finding out they will offer you the job you still have to go through another background check to be approved to work with the inmate. If you do not pass this one I do not know what they would do with you.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think any of there questions were difficult but I was asked if I could count that was unexpected since I did pass kindergarten.   Answer Question
    There was not one at all

Correctional Officer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question

Corrections Officer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in March 2012.

I had to go online to put in my application. The process was pretty easy. I think it was about a month later that I received an email and phone call for an interview. I later found out that the person interviewing me was not even management staff and had nothing to do with the security department. This person was rude, almost confrontational and lied to me saying that they were an assistant warden from another facility helping out. If I had not been desperately wanting to get out of the job I was in while going for this interview, I probably would not have accepted the employment offer. If I had known that the interviewer was lying to me, I would not have accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to bring contraband into the facility or was offered to have a relationship with an offender what would you do? If you knew of an officer party to any of the activities above what would you do?   View Answer
    They had a set offer and would not budge from that.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in June 2011.

Two interviews. Tough scenario questions that do not prove or disprove qualifications for job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you implemented a new procedure and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    There was no negotations in pay. I was offered the minimum and was paid $15,000 less than others less qualified. It is who you know; not your education and experience that counts.

Detention Officer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Dress the part of a business minded person and always look your interviewer straight in the eye; it shows confidence in yourself. Don't volunteer information, let them ask all the questions. Never mention money until after you are assured the position.

Interview Questions
    • No off the mark questions will be asked of you.   View Answer
    Everyone is paid the same across the board for detention officers.

Corrections Officer Interview

I applied online through their website and recieved a phone call approximately 2 weeks later, asking me if I was still interested, and scheduled an interview at the facility. Interview was a panel type interview, with a supervisor (Captain) and another admin rep. Questions were pretty basic... Asked a lot of "what would you do if..." questions. The key is to not think like you're trying to be a Corrections Officer. Keep it simple, and use common sense. After the interview, I was asked to step outside while they discussed my interview. Afterwards, I was told to report back for a drug test and psychological test/interview (everyone who made it past the initial interview was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • You're working alone in a unit when another officer says he is in trouble, and needs assistance- What do you do?   View Answer
    Compensation was already discussed prior to offer. No difference based on experience or education.

Academic Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alamo, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamo, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in May 2010.

Time from application to interview was lengthy, 6 months. Then, they expected you to be available exactly when they said. Also, they did not bother to mention or negotiate salary until I showed up for the training. Very underhanded, IMO.

Interview Questions
    • Give details regarding a situation where you have disagreed with a decision of a supervisor. Also, give details of a situation where a supervisor poorly handled an interaction with you or your colleagues, and what was your response.   Answer Question
    Walk out if the number does not meet your expectations. Otherwise, there is never any rectifying underpayment.

Detention Officer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

It was a very generic interview. They asked a few questions about how you would react in certain situations and how would you treat a person if you new this or that about them. I was surprised that the interview was not more in depth it was very surface level. The security clearance was what surprised me, it took 6 months to get my clearance and it was then that I could actually be hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if an inmate showed his/her genitalia to you?   Answer Question
    It was my way or the highway with CCA.

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in January 2009.

Interviewed by a Warden and the person supervising the Chaplain.
    They asked about my background, ability to work odd hours, how I would handle conflict, questions about my security mindedness, and ...

Interview Questions
    • "...How would you manage this position? What will be your general approach?"   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no negotiation. It was "This is the amount the position pays. This is not negotiable. It is what it is."

Worked for Corrections Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!