Corrections Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksboro, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksboro, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in March 2014.

Was asked some questions did a drug test a tb test and a pat test had to wait 48 - 72 hours so they could read my tb test then started two weeks later

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in July 2011.

1) Applied online-application and background check information
    2) Received call from HR Department 2 days after application giving me the salary range and asking if I would be okay with that range
    3) Background check run
    4) Phone interview with HR Manager (from other facility), Assistant Warden, Business Manager, Warden
    5) In-person interview with Warden and HR Director
    6) Verbal offer
    7) Drug test/physical/TB skin test
    8) Written offer

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me about a time when you had a team member who was not performing up to expectations? What was the situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?

2) Is all turnover negative?

3) Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor over a policy or a decision he or she had made. What was the situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in December 2014.

The process took about 3 months from the time that I applied to the day I started. It can be a fast process if all paperwork and physical test are completed without any issues overall easy.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of what would you do and what if questions with more then one person interviewing you at the same time   Answer Question

Lieutenant of Correctional Officers Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in November 2014.

Telephone interview with a board of 5 people who asked a range of five to ten questions and the answers were graded on a scale of one to four with four being excellent and one being not even on the topic.

Detention Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

interviewed in front of 4-5 people: Warden, Assistant Warden, Chief of Security, and a sargeant. It took me over a year to hear back after filling out the application. The process has changed somewhat but it still takes awhile from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you willing to work (in hindsight, I would have been more specific)   View Answer
    I received a job offer on letterhead.

Detention Officer Interview

Basic interview process. No one person conducts all interviews. Several administrators will conduct interviews; all depends on who you can impress. Once the interview is complete, you will immediately conduct a computerized survey of questions. This is probably where the real interview takes place.

Interview Questions
    • If you are not acquainted with a corrections type of environment, trying to picture yourself in a setting like this full of "residents" ranging from 60-100 per one officer is a little nerve racking.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

Applied through an external recruiter. I interviewed with him and he told me I was the right candidate for the position. Gave me advise on how the company handled the interviews. He got me an interview with the Hiring Manager, after he interviewed me he asked me to wait because he wanted some members of the team to talk to me and find out if we were going to be able to work together. Everything went fine and the recruiter negotiated the salary for me. He was actually able to get me more money than I expected. The whole process took one month.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Everything was straight forward. Some technical and behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Recruiter negotiated the salary for me. He asked me how much I wanted and he was able to get me 50% more.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in August 2014.

Initially I received a phone call from the HR department at the Marion County Jail to schedule an interview. There were several times/days available. I had some difficulty upon entering the facility as I had not been previously informed that purses/bags are not allowed inside nor are cell phones. I was able to take those things back out to my car. After re-entering the facility I was informed that the dress code policy states that anyone entering the building is required to wear sleeves--I happened to be wearing a dress shirt that did not have sleeves. The receptionist allowed me to enter "since I wouldn't be going any farther than the interview room". Some time later I was greeted by the two people who interviewed me. They were very friendly and easy-going. They gave me some details about the position then asked a series of basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult/unexpected question was "What is something that only your close friends or family would know about you?"   View Answer

C/O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America in June 2011.

They hiring and interview process was so slow it was 3 months from the time that I applied till I found out that I got the job. even after finding out they will offer you the job you still have to go through another background check to be approved to work with the inmate. If you do not pass this one I do not know what they would do with you.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think any of there questions were difficult but I was asked if I could count that was unexpected since I did pass kindergarten.   Answer Question
    There was not one at all

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Corrections Corporation of America.

The interview process will consist of filling out an application and checking your email within a few days to take an assessment. After the assessment, they ask for permission to check your background, if relevant. You are then put into a pool, in wich they will call you if they need to interview you. The interview consists of a wide variety of questions dealing with your moral character and such.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was: "tell me something that you used confidence to get through?" I thought this was strange.   Answer Question