Corry Memorial Hospital

Candidate Interview Review

Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corry, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Corry Memorial Hospital in March 2008.

Took several phone calls to get an interview after their initial contact with me. The supervisor kept cancelling on me. Then she sighed all through the interview like it was really taxing her. She had a pigsty for an office. I was hired for one job and then demoted to another job but was expected to fulfill the original role on command. I was passed over for a different shift by people just hired because they "needed" me on the shift I was on; however, upon my hire I was told I could switch my shift when the slot came open. Family members and friends were hired and did not want to do their jobs but nothing happened when they were reported. Patient abuse was rampant and nothing was ever done about it. I was told there would be quick action if that ever happened. Smoking on the grounds was not allowed I was told. Everyone did it and nothing ever happened. My interview was a sham and full of lies. Nothing about my interview ever came to pass. I did not even get the salary they promised me when they hired me, and we got in trouble if we called in sick, for we had no sick days even though I was told we did.

Interview Questions
    • Does it matter to you if you dont get a lunch, even though it is an unpaid half hour? There are some days you may not get to take your lunch (which turned out to be every day).   View Answer
    I asked for an amount I thought was fair, she agreed to it and then after my first week on the job, pay was slashed across the board and my hourly wage plummeted significantly. After two years, I still was not up to where I was supposed to have started. Merit raises were a nickel to fifteen cents if you were lucky (or a relative).

Worked for Corry Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!