Cortera Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

1.8

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cortera in January 2014.

They called, had me come in for a face to face then I got the offer letter same day. Filled out the offer letter then faxed it in. Started the job the following Monday. Worse decision ever excepting that job.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question. Like sales telesales experience.   View Answer
    No negotiation just agreed to salary amount.

Customer Service and Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cortera in September 2012.

This is the 2nd position I have had since joining Cortera. I started as a sales rep and was promoted to this position. I had to interview with the now Ex-VP of customer care and he liked my work on the sales floor and hired me after a 5 min interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to leave sales when there was so much more potential to make money there   View Answer
    I received a raise to do the Customer Service Specialist position which matched my earning potential in sales at that time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cortera in January 2012.

Schedule Appointment meet with Supervisor at the office

NA

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cortera in January 2012.

After taking one of those generic personality tests, you get invited to the office for an interview. It was with a hawkish sort of fellow and he will tell you that there is the potential to raise your salary from $30,000 to $60,000 with commissions. What he doesn't tell you is that nobody in the history of Cortera has ever made even $10,000 in commission.
    My advice is look for something else because this is not where you want to work. Everybody that works here is miserable.

Regrettably, I accepted. There is no negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Cortera in September 2011.

Cortera starts off with the phone interview, and then if they decide you have a good phone voice, they will bring you in. But lets stop there. I asked the simple question if the job was salaried and if not what are the methods for getting paid. Lets face it, why would you waste your day to interview for a job that you do not know if there is pay attached at all, you after all I am sure do not want to work for free.

Any ways, with this question I was scolded severely by the person that contacted me and was unprofessional with the way she handled the call. She then hung up the phone on me and I did not continue with the interview process with Cortera after this phone call. Potential employee beware, another interesting company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cortera in March 2011.

hiring is done through a temp agency

its a flat rate of 13.00