Cossette Communication

www.cossette.com

Cossette Communication Interview Questions

2.0

Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cossette Communication.

I was hired via a recruiter, with a one on one discussion with my future boss. There were no problems as I was to be a mat leave person and I had all the skills needed. The process was quick and efficient.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cossette Communication in March 2013.

The interview was a simple chat with two managers. There's not a lot of technical questions (if any), but that mean a lot of your colleague have bad or insufficient knowledge set for their posts. Overall there's a few good colleague - and if you're learning, it'll be hard to find a a good mentor to help you evolve.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve the fluidity of an animated website?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cossette Communication in July 2012.

I met my creative director before, so the interview was just an informal coffee session.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cossette Communication in October 2011.

HR manager contacted me because I had shown interest in upcoming opportunities. She asked me to come in not for a specific position, but to tell me about potential positions that might come about. I had one interview and during the same visit, also sat down with an Account Executive.

Interview Questions
    • What role in the agency are you interested in?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous supervisor say is a good strength of yours?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous supervisor say would you be something you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • Did you have the chance to work with clients directly or were you more in the back, working internally?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep organized?   Answer Question

Media Planning Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cossette Communication in March 2010.

Quite easy. Interviewed with 2 individuals for half an hour, another individual for half an hour and 1 last person for half an hour. Questions weren't hard. Very behavioral. Easy. Skills not needed.

Account Coordinator (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cossette Communication in June 2009.

I applied on their website. Heard back a few days later, they told to come in for a group interview. When arriving for the interview I am in their front reception area with 20 (that’s right 20) other people. They bring all 20 of us up to a big boardroom at the same time, and have us write our names on paper to fold and face them. Then the HR person, and two other employees tell us about the company, and then they write 5 questions on this board and have us one by one answer them to the group. 1) Introduce yourselves? 2) Why advertising? 3) Education? 4) Your experience? 5) Favorite ad? Then that was the end of round one, whoever made it to round two would be emailed at some point later that day.

I made it to round two, and came back the next day. There I sat in the reception area with someone who was in my group interview the day before (I just thought I would mention that). I was given a quick tour of the building, than a 1:1 interview, then a 2:1 interview. The questions today were more in depth about qualifications and give examples of a time when you did something type questions. Then once the interview ended I never heard from them ever again! Not even a courtesy rejection email.

ADVICE: If you want a chance at getting a job at an ad agency. Try to get an internship (unpaid) first. As that is something I did not have, and although I got pretty far in the interview process, it was the deciding factor that lost the job for me.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourselves? Why advertising? Education? Your experience? Favorite ad?   Answer Question
    • In your previous jobs have you ever created an ad?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to manage budgets in your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you were...?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cossette Communication in June 2008.

I brought a portfolio along, but my interviewer didn't spend much time reviewing it. He was more interested in my experience, and what I wanted from a career in advertising. I had filled in a sheet with basic questions when I first came into the Cossette office, and we spent time reviewing my answers.