Cost Plus

Very Easy Interview

Lead Supervisor Interview

Lead Supervisor
Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cost Plus in October 2010.

Interview Details – You are interviewed by someone on the management staff. They follow up with contacting former employers and give the results to the manager who may or may not do a second interview. Then you are hired.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions. The interview process is easy if you are completely honest.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation, I started out at $10 an hour as an associate but I advanced quickly! If you show initiative you will advance.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cost Plus in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online with several nearby store locations, through worldmarket.com. I was contacted by 2 out of the 3 stores I applied at, based on my extensive previous retail experience. I decided to only interview with the one closest to me. The interview was fairly informal, with the GM, and he asked me questions that were pre-determined by CPWM corporate. Some questions like: "Give an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor. How did you handle it?" "Give an example of a time when you had to resolve a problem. How did you handle it?" etc. etc. Most all questions were this way. I was also asked why I wanted to work there, what interested me most about CPWM, if I could handle asking people to sign up for WME, if I knew what the WME program was, why they should hire me, etc.

Interview Question – I don't feel the interview was at all difficult, nor the questions unexpected or hard to answer. For someone new to interviewing or the job market, I could see it being somewhat of a challenge.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The hourly rate was acceptable for the position and I accepted.

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!