Cost Plus

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cost Plus in November 2014.

I applied online for a seasonal stock associate and received a call from the stores manager a few days later. We set up an interview time and met accordingly. The interview was simple, quick, and easy. However, he said that the job position would be a seasonal sales associate, not a stock associate that I applied for. This didn't bother me though since I was interested in any position at the store. He also explained the dress code, their hours, and my availability. Closing my interview, the manager stated that he would have to "check with the HR department" regarding my age (I am currently 16) and that he would contact me within the next week. Less than an hour after my interview, I received two emails from world market stating that "I was not the best match" and that they would keep my file on hand for future opportunities. The problem that I had with this is that the manager did not know the company's age policy in the first place. Secondly, the fact that I stated on my application that I was under the age of eighteen should have been enough for them to decide whether or not I was old enough for the position before calling me in for an interview. If there was anything hat I gained out of the process, it was learning how the interview process works and preparing me for another try elsewhere. Ultimately, I was disappointed in the lack of knowledge that the manager possessed and the fact that the store would call me in for an interview with the company having a strict age policy that would prohibit my employment there.

I am still currently waiting for a call from the manager in regards to the position and the outcome which was firstly sent by email.

Interview Questions
    • "If I were to call a reference listed, what is something negative that they might say about you?"   Answer Question

Sales Seasonal Jobs Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cost Plus in November 2014.

Was contacted by the Store Manager for the group Interview. Interview situation 4 persons and Store Manager.
    You might need to work in pairs to find out about the other candidate and introduce the other candidate to group. After this Store Mngr told about the World Market way to engage the clients. Object is sell more, make clients to come back, to sign with email program etc.Tell how you sorted difficult customer, Pick a one product and sell to the group, how you went beyond customer service.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cost Plus.

I was first contacted by the Regional Manager and was set up with an interview. First interview was in person with two General Managers. Was contacted later that day and scheduled to have a phone interview with the Human Resources Manager. That was the second interview. Third interview was with a District Manager. Received offer that day from the Human Resource Manager.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty situational and past experience questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate but was unsuccessful.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cost Plus in September 2014.

Applied back in August, they called back about two weeks later asking if I wanted to do a group interview the following Monday I said yes. The group interview was very simple, we introduced ourselves, answered a few questions and took a tour around the store. After that the manager set us up for a one on one interview. The following Monday the manager called and gave me s job offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I went to open interviews for several seasonal positions. It was a standard one-on-one interview with a manager, but very casual. She asked a few easy questions, ("Why are you interested in World Market?" "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer,") and the interview only took about 10 minutes.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cost Plus.

I was applying for a Sales Associate position. The store was brand new and needed ALL types of employees. We were to spend several weeks setting up and merchandising the store. Was surprised to get to the store and found it was a group interview. We paired off, asked each other questions, and then introduced our partner to the rest of the interviewers..

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions was how we would handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cost Plus.

I applied for seasonal work, so it was a group interview of 3 people. During the off season you are interviewed alone. Interviewer asked scenario questions related to previous retail experience. I was also asked to describe a specific time when I had to deal with a difficult customer. At the end of the interview we were all asked a silly unrelated question for fun. It took maybe a week or two after that to schedule my second interview which was alone with two managers. This interview was for me to ask questions and to finalize my hiring.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you respond." "Which animal describes you best"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cost Plus.

Be friendly but professional. Do not overestimate or underestimate yourself. Be punctual. Allow time to peruse store before the interview to familiarize yourself with product line and customer approach from current employees.

Pleasant

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cost Plus.

Very easy interview. Let them know that you are proactive, safety conscious and always willing to work until the job is complete. Also do not overdress, just wear a button up shirt, slacks and dont show tattoos.

log in to the employee website and fill out forms. easy as pie

Supervisor of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cost Plus.

Easy group interview environment. The management did not seem to be too experienced in the practice of interviewing. It was however, a light and fun experience that didn't seem to take that long at all.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult interaction with a customer?   Answer Question
    Not hard.