Cost Plus

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Stock Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cost Plus.

Interview Details – Seasonal stock position overnight graveyard shift 4am-9am. It was a group interview and the questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Rate yourself 1-10 and why   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Seasonal Stock Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cost Plus in November 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview about a week after I submitted my application online. I was asked to come in 7:30am on Saturday for the interview.

I got there 15 minutes early but the interviewer was running behind. He was busy with an interview and still had one more interview before me. The other interviewee and I weren't offered seats. We were left to awkwardly stand around near the registers while stock associates were busy working.

The interviewer wrapped up his interview and grabbed the interviewee. He apologized to me about running late, then left to conduct his interview. I was left to continue to stand around.

When it was my turn, the interviewer had to run out to move his car. Over 40 minutes had passed at this point. The interviewer came back to start my interview after apologizing again. The interview started off well enough but then the interviewer became distracted and had to step away to take of some business. When he came back he was still distracted and wasn't paying much attention to me. He kept the interview short and asked the other manager if he could squeeze in an interview with me. The manager agreed.

This is where I really wish I had requested they reschedule my interview.... the manager sat down and admitted he was called in at the last minute to cover the overnight shift because several associates called out. He said he was tired and ready to go home. His eyes were bloodshot and half closed. He asked me to talk about my experience and asked a few follow up questions. This interview was also short. He was too tired.

Both interviews were done in less than 30 minutes.

The interviewers and stock associates seemed nice enough. It's a shame I caught them on a morning where they were short staffed, overworked, and overtired.

Interview Question – I didn't receive any difficult or unexpected questions. I was asked about the following: my experience with employee and customer conflicts, my strengths and weaknesses, customer service experience, and comfort level with merchandising and moving stock around.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cost Plus

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cost Plus Seasonal Stock Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cost Plus employees and interview candidates.