Costa Coffee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.7

Barista Costa Coffee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costa Coffee.

I met the stores management team and they seemed nice but it was a phony mask. After I was hired I quickly realised that signs we're on a knifes edge.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't allowed to negotiate anything, not even hours.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgend, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgend, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costa Coffee.

I received an email regarding an open interview within the store, after putting my application form in.
    The process involved putting the store in half with other customers still in store and creating a circle near the entrance of the store. There was roughly 15 people in this process and 2 people interviewing.

To start the interview, we were asked to say 2 truths and 1 false statement about ourselves around the circle. The next part involved putting our hands in a large bag and picking out a random object and selling it to the circle. This process involved standing in front of everyone and it finishing with having a 'raise your hands if you'd buy this product', which was humiliating.

Extremely uncomfortable and I've never visited Costa since.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Costa Coffee in June 2014.

I was asked to provide a statement of my bank account for them. This is highly intrusive granted singapore does not have any unemployment benefits.
     Not only can the documents be forged, but the HR personnel could not justify why they were requirement beyond stating that they need the account number.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide us with a statement of you r bank accounts   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Costa Coffee in September 2013.

This is the worst ive ever been treated during a potential hiring process. I waited 5 weeks for my in store interview promised a response in 2 days took 2 weeks then an additional 2 weeks to sort my on job experience. I was again promised feedback within 4 days and 3 and half weeks is how long it took. Altogether waiting 3 months. This company is an absolute JOKE do not trust a word they say

Interview Questions
    • Interviews weren't bad but don't trust a word they tell you at the end, there is a lie hidden in what they say somewhere   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costa Coffee.

Telephone interview
    Face to Face interview

Marketing Manager Middle East Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costa Coffee in August 2010.

Job was advertised in a local paper and referred to an online application link. Within days had a call from HR and a phone interview was set up with the business head. Within a week I was contacted by HR to schedule a local interview with the team. Interview was informal and relaxed and covered all relevant areas. I was shortlised to final 6 out of hundreds of applicants. Role was awarded to a candidate currently engaged in F&B.

Barista Maestro Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Costa Coffee in January 2010.

Awful experience as I didn`t even got the opportunity to talk about my strenghts and why I would have been the right person for the job, they were probably looking for a better looking person

Barista Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Costa Coffee in November 2008.

Straightforward 1:1 interview with the manager of the branch. Asked about previous experience, work ethic, attributes, education.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costa Coffee in September 2008.

i made contact with the area manager who then gave me a one on one interview at a local store, i researched the history of the company and have a vey productive interview.