Costco Wholesale Any Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

Any Interview

Application

interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2014.

Interview

received call to come in and interview, for some reason I was 1st able to ask what hours they were hiring for and I could not take it at the time. sorry this won't help much. the interviewers were kind and thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions

I couldn't do the hours they needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Independence, MO).

Interview

Be clean cut, cheerful, a strong fan of Costco. Do your research on the company and tell them why you want to work there. Know the code of ethics. Express your willingness to work hard and at any position. Share your skills and desire to learn all about the opportunities available at Costco. Also, express your desire to learn and take advantage of cross training opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your most difficult work related situation and how did you resolve it? Also know the code of ethics (found on the website)   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

Interview

It was okay overall, I just got interviewed yesterday and there were two people interviewing me. It seemed like a fast interview but they asked the usual typical question. They took turns asking questions. Just make sure you look them in the eyes and don't say "uh" too much like me..

Any Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lubbock, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

You basically have to know someone that works at the store your applying. If you don't I suggest conversing with an employee. Thats how I got my interview! Interview would have been difficult if I had not prepared properly. Scroll through these reviews and write down every question asked and have a solid answer for each one. This way you know what to say without hesitation. They want concrete examples from past experiences not what would you do scenario. They want long term employees so answer each question as if Costco is the only job you ever want any other answer eluding temporary or no career plan is not going to get you the second interview. I had two interviews. First with two assistant managers the last one with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you wished you handled a customer differently.   2 Answers

Negotiation

None everyone starts pay and front end job.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Boise, ID) in September 2013.

Interview

We came into a very small room eith two of the managers. One interviewed and one wrote notes. Be very professionally dressed and ready to answer questions about Costco. After the first interview I was asked to go to a one-on-one with the head manager. There were more personal questions asked there. Be directed at Costco at all times and they will hire.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Novato, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted an online application on Tuesday and received a call back on the same day. Went in for an interview the next day. 1 on 1 interview with the Front End Mgr, Ken C. Fairly standard softball questions. He did not have any prepared questions, everything seemed improvised. We ended up talking about some shared experiences from our past. He stated he would get back to me in 2 or 3 days. It has been a week and have not heard a thing and not sure what to make of that. I will give him a call in a day or so to follow up. All in all, the interview was pleasant and he seemed like a nice guy although perhaps not really versed in employment interviews.

Interview Questions

• He asked me where I see my self in the long term. I said, considering my age (57) a long term plan would see me comfortably retired. From his expression, this was not the expected or desired answer. I went on to say that in the short term I would like to be a member of a dynamic team oriented company.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Marysville, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

1 interview then got a call a couple weeks later to come in that day for drug test and after results a backgroud check. Filled out application online got a call for interview. Questions like conflicts with co-workers,Big on trying to do better than the next guy and easy to be told to do other duties without question.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with co worker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiate start at 11an hour part time

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Marina del Rey, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

They interviewed a bunch of us outside for seasonal and just went over what is expected of us and the employment length as well as where employees are restricted to go.