Costco Wholesale

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boise, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview Details – We came into a very small room eith two of the managers. One interviewed and one wrote notes. Be very professionally dressed and ready to answer questions about Costco. After the first interview I was asked to go to a one-on-one with the head manager. There were more personal questions asked there. Be directed at Costco at all times and they will hire.

Interview Question – What did you do to prepare for this interview?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Novato, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application on Tuesday and received a call back on the same day. Went in for an interview the next day. 1 on 1 interview with the Front End Mgr, Ken C. Fairly standard softball questions. He did not have any prepared questions, everything seemed improvised. We ended up talking about some shared experiences from our past. He stated he would get back to me in 2 or 3 days. It has been a week and have not heard a thing and not sure what to make of that. I will give him a call in a day or so to follow up. All in all, the interview was pleasant and he seemed like a nice guy although perhaps not really versed in employment interviews.

Interview Question – He asked me where I see my self in the long term. I said, considering my age (57) a long term plan would see me comfortably retired. From his expression, this was not the expected or desired answer. I went on to say that in the short term I would like to be a member of a dynamic team oriented company.   Answer Question

Marysville, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview then got a call a couple weeks later to come in that day for drug test and after results a backgroud check. Filled out application online got a call for interview. Questions like conflicts with co-workers,Big on trying to do better than the next guy and easy to be told to do other duties without question.

Interview Question – How did you resolve a conflict with co worker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiate start at 11an hour part time

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale Any interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees and interview candidates.