Costco Wholesale

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two people tag teamed questions. First question was why I had been out of work for so long (sahm). Guy was kinda snarky about it. Was asked a bunch of questions about specific work situations that were very hard for me to answer, having not been employed for 17 years. Was asked "If 2 people ask for help at the same time, who would you help first?" and tell about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker. Tell about a time I dealt with an irate customer. It wasn't enough for me to say how I think I would handle it now, he wanted specific anecdotes.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had to ask for forgiveness.   Answer Question

Brighton, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2012.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview, next day came in for another and was offered two different jobs. After I accepted one they gave me a drug test and it took about 2 weeks for the background check for them to get back to me. The first interview was a 2-on-1. The second was a 1-on-1.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, base pay is 11.00 for regular employees

Commerce, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied and was called back less than a week later. I was asked if I knew anyone in the company, as that is usually the case. I was a rare hire, due to the fact that I knew no one in the company. The managers even seemed confused as to why I was even there without "an in." The actual interview was somewhat standard of retail companies; a list of standard questions with one manager asking and one writing down my responses. Most of the questions were based on team work and how well I work with others to get large projects done. After my interview, I was called back(the next day) to come in and take my drug test and begin the hiring process.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was: "Why are you more suited for this position than all of the other applicants?"   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was given the company-wide, lowest wage for my position, which was $11.00 USD/hr. I was given part-time status with full benefits and guaranteed 24 hours a week.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!