Costco Wholesale

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online and waited two weeks. then called the following two Mondays. Both times I left my name and number with whoever answered the phone. A hour or so after I called the second time I received a call for an interview for the position of bakery wrapper for that Wednesday. When I got there a guy at the door told me to sit in the food court near a coffee machine that wasn't there. Lol. After waiting 20 mins I asked a worker if I was sitting in the right area. They told me I was and that the assistant gm was pretty busy. Anywho when she finally came she took me to a small room and I was interviewed by two women one wrote down my answers the other asked the questions off a sheet (this counted as 2 interviews). They asked situational questions about working in a team or disagreements with previous coworkers and how to handle it etc. Afterward one of them told me that she had to give my answers to her boss and that her people would call my people type thing. So at that point I thought I didn't get the job.

So I walked outside to wait for my ride. Moments later the lady that interviewed me told me he boss wanted to interview me because they thought I answered the questions so well. She only asked me two questions : tell me about yourself and whats your availability. Then she said I would need to take a drug test on site and to come back later for that and if I tested negative that they would then do a background check. Monday they called to offer me a position and told me how much I'd make hourly. I accepted and then came in Wednesday for paid 4 hr orientation and I started work the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly situational. Name a time when you had to work in a team. Etc   Answer Question
No negation the starting rate was great so there was no need

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

I had to apply two times (6 months apart) the first time I applied for the meat department, the second time I applied for "any" position, I received a call the next day, for an interview on a seasonal position, starting in October, working in the bakery, four to five days a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was a list of 25 questions, one was, "how did you prepare for this interview"   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Online Application and if selected they will scheduled you for an interview interview, if you passmthe first interview the schedule you for second interview if hired and pass a background check and a drug test

Interview Questions
    • Common sense questions about customers   View Answer
    Everyone starts at 11.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2011.

The interview itself was fairly standard. During my interview, I had two people interviewing me together, one I believe was the hiring manager while the other was a store manager. They asked me several questions regarding handling customers, how to effectively deal with the swathes of people in costco. They don't really go over the specifics of any particular job title or duties in the interview either, so they're pretty simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately it i so far back I cannot recall. I can state that they were not very difficult. I'd say perhaps the most difficult would have been one concerning how one would deal with having multiple people asking for assistance at once.   Answer Question