Costco Wholesale

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you were misunderstood by a coworker   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to help an angry customer   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had an abrupt change in your schedule, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
  • Name a time you were recognized in the work place   Answer Question
  • What have you done to prepare for today's interview?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Phone interview, in person interview- the typical questions. I actually was just trying to get a summer job and they placed me where they needed help the most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun Prairie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2012.

Online app, then a quick 4 minute cattle call interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. There was one question they refused to accept my answer to though. They asked "how did you handle your worst encounter with an upset customer?". I answered I never really had a "worst encounter", I said "in fact I never relly had an upset customer, not from anything I did ever with a customer".. They grilled me a bit on this and ended the interview right there.

I was interviewed there by two very young guys, one was obviously in training, and neither of them could have possibly had anywhere ner the retail management that I have.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2012.

The process is long, I went through two interviews ended up not getting the job. In the interviews they asked me a lot of questions regarding my goals, work experience, strengths/weaknesses.
    I think you should not be in a rush when applying to a job at Costco, it took a good week between first and second interview. They didn't say anything about how long time you could expect before you hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership qualities do you possess?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Laid back culture that values good employees so their interview process can be long for a retail position. They are trying to gage if you have the spunk of personality, physical ability to do the job and resilience to working in retail

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer where the "customer is always right" attitude does not apply   View Answer
    Be upfront about what days you can work they will reference that when they need changes in schedules so don't say you can work Fridays if in a month you will not be able to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2010.

Never heard of the place. Walked in and asked for a manager and talked to them. Kept getting the (nothing available scenario). finally after several weeks I got an interview that lasted about 10 minutes. I went back 3 days later got two more interviews with two different managers and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you treat a member if they were being really unreasonable with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2010.

I applied for a cashier position online after receiving a notice that I was going to be laid off at my previous employer. I got a phone call for an interview about four days after I applied. I was interviewed by a supervisor and another supervisor that was just writing my responses. They asked me about my experiences from my previous job. I thought the interview was going well, until they asked me questions that are more relevant to Costco. Considering that my family recently purchased a membership and I have been there only two times, I had to kind of BS those questions to the best of my ability. Needless to say, I did not get the job, and learned to do some research before an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2008.

The interview was a three-step process. Most questions were typical interview questions: How do you deal with conflict, strengths, weaknesses, experience, why Costco?, etc. Dress semi-professional: nice slacks and top, no suit necessary for cashier position. Be relaxed and personable, the three managers that interviewed me in separate 1 on 1 occasions were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness and how do you work through it?   Answer Question

Distance, and decided to stay at the current job at the time.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

must take a personality test online... take about 20 minutes. if you make a mistake and realize it later, dont back up, start the test over. outside company reviews answers and sends it to costco if your points are high enough

Interview Questions
    eye contact is very important, and smile...

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2010.

Our Costco is being built and over 4000 people applied. I got called for an interview and was face to face with two managers who asked me very detailed questions about past job-related situations. The interview lasted 30 minutes and when it was done, they told me that had actually done TWO interviews. They told me I was going to have a 3rd interview the next week.
    They called a few days later to schedule the interview with the General Manager. That was very laid back, went over some of the same information and questions. I got called the next week with a job offer. I went in for a drug test and it took 14 days for them to call back and schedule the training and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem you had with one of your co-workers and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were rewarded for doing an outstanding job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to do a job that was outside of your normal duties   Answer Question