Costco Wholesale Food Service Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Baxter, MN).

Interview

Applied on Costco.com. 1st interview with 2 managers, 2nd interview with 1 manager. Both were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Research the company's history before your interview. This was very helpful for me during my interviews. They have a set list of questions to ask. A lot of, tell me a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay negotiations, but they pay really well for retail. I was asked to choose what department I wanted to work in as they had openings in a few.

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Torrance, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and four days later I was called in for an interview. First interview was with department manager, interview went well basic behavioral questions (what will you do, tell me about a time...etc). I was invited to a second interview with the store manager, it didn't go so well. I was well prepared with the answers to the questions that I thought she was going to ask but all she asked were questions about my degree. I was caught off guard by her questions about my degree. Her facial expressions gave me the NO right there and then.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my degree.   1 Answer

Food Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online first and was called for an interview within the week. Had an interview with the food court manager that lasted about an hour. Was actually a very tough interview for a simple food court position. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Completed the interview and was called in to do a drug test the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision that you made that was unpopular and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Stockton, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and efficient. I applied for Costco end of May and they called me in June for an interview. They called me in for a "third" interview the next day. So in reality I only had to be interviewed twice. There are two managers who interview you. They will both ask you questions for a total of 14 questions. It's important that you maintain focus on the person asking you the questions. One of the managers will try and distract you and sometimes their walkies will go off, but continue to stay focused on the interview. I skipped the second interview because the managers felt comfortable with me. Just be yourself and you should be fine. Humor is important as well. I was able to make them smile and laugh. The third interview is just a detailed description of the job duties and what to expect and they will ask you if you accept the job. I took the drug test that day and signed papers. This process took only 2 days.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question because I went in prepared and practiced most of the answers at home. The questions are pretty much all listed on this website. Also if you know nothing about Costco, be sure to do your homework on it before the first interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start you off at 11.50 an hour.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two Interviews. First one with the managers of the food areas. It is a standard interview process with the usual questions. Second Interview is with a manager of the warehouse and if you pass that you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience in food handling?   1 Answer

Food Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2008.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, sat down with one supervisor and one manager and asked a serious of situational questions - out in public in the store. There were questions like: describe a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, describe a time you were faced with a difficult decision, etc. I was also asked why I left my last job and to describe that in detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked on a team and how it turned out.   Answer Question