Costco Wholesale Front End Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Easy and comforting... A group of us waited in the break room as we were all called in one at a time. It was a seasonal position so they were looking for multiple workers. Within a couple days I was asked to come back to take the drug test. Immediately after passing, we were taken to the presentation room training then worked an 8 hour shift that same day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was one-on-one with the department manager. He asked me five or six questions. The overall selection process was up to the Front End Manager. The department manager concurred with some of my responses and conveyed that he liked what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What would you do during your downtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Albany, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online They called for an interview on a saturday and asked if I could come in an hour later. I did and they asked at least 20 questions. Character questions and what would you do if... questions. It was two front end managers and they were very nice. Got a call back a few days later for a second interview with one of the asst. managers. From the time I sat down in his office I could tell he did not like me. His demeanor made me nervous and uncomfortable. He implied that I was over qualified, letting me know that I had a lot of schooling and a lot of technical experience. Neither was true, I don't even have an AA degree and not much technical employment. He also seemed concerned that I had previous managerial experience, asking if I would have a problem taking orders from others. He let me know that if I was not chosen I would receive an email. That's when I knew for sure that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The assistant manager asked how I would handle a disagreement with a co-worker.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Salem, OR).

Interview

I had 2 employees and 1 trainee interview me. we sat down in a back room and they briefly told me about the interview process, then one asked questions while the other wrote down my answers. After the interview they said we got more interviews to take and we will contact you by the end of the week about your status.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved it? Why do you want to work for Costco? Tell us about a mistake you made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application (for any position) online near the end of March, let a few days pass, and then took my resume with me to the warehouse early in the week and handed it to a Front End Manager. He was really nice and asked me why I wanted to work for Costco. He told me that they would hiring soon and that I would get a call if they wanted to interview me. I received a call a couple weeks later to schedule an interview. I was greeted by my interviewer and didn't have to wait, even though I was early. The interview lasted about 30 minutes where I was asked questions by the supervisor and another employee took notes. They were both very friendly and the interview felt very relaxed. I got a call about a week later to schedule a second interview, this time with the Admin Manager. When I got there he told me that all I needed to do was sign a few papers and go take a drug test within 24 hrs. Exactly 2 weeks after I completed my drug test I was offered the job and given a choice of days for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Costco?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with another employee? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How do handle stressful situations and how do you prioritize multiple tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a mistake. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with two people in the room and it was explained that there were two people because it would count as my first and second interview. They asked what would you do and how would you handle this situation questions. As well what I knew about the company. At the end they said someone would call in a week or two to either set up another interview or let me know if I wasn't the right person. For the third interview there was only one person and she asked a few more questions and what I knew about the company. She also asked about past employment.

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Santee, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and in a week received a call from HR manager who was very rood and short to listen. First of all she just wanted to hang up the phone, she was very irritated when I asked her questions. She even didn't try to pronounce my name correctly. But the good news she invited me for the interview. My interview was scheduled on March 27th, at 3.40 pm (Santee, San Diego) but they started to interview me in 40 minutes. No apologies to me that it took them so long. Then they took me to some small room which was very dirty and papers were all over the floor, then the same person who called me invited me to take a sit. Then she said she is going to ask me only a couple questions and gave me a paper to sign. She asked 3 questions with no interest at all, like she already knew that she is not going to hire me. I came home very disappointed by her attitude to me, that she was very indifferent to my answers. I am a immigrant who has 10 years of experience in my home country where I started from a sales person position and ended up being a supervisor. I want to ask a question of a person who interviewed me: Do you really think I wouldn't handle the front end assistant position with 10 years of experience?! I think she discriminated me because how you could possibly know who I am if you asked only 3 questions and even didn't ask for my resume when you asked me to bring that. Also, in their application they ask if I received food stamp and I answered 'yes'. I know that they try to show that they care about people who receive food stamps and they are interested to help them by providing a job. But it isn't true. They need your applications only for statistics, that's all. Today I received a mail that I wasn't selected and it is first time when I am so happy that I was rejected because I don't want to work with people who don't know what their responsibilities are, who don't know how to communicate properly with their clients, who don't treat people fair. I am pretty sure she discriminated me because I speak English with an accent. I have been in the USA for almost 6 years and I learned English here, I am a hard working person, friendly and all my friends love me, my references will be happy to be my reference and I know I will find a job where I will be appreciated. It isn't my letter to you that I was rejected, no, at all. It is just a letter to the higher management of Costco to choose accurately their employees because I love Costco,and I shopped a lot there. But after such a "treatment" I won't go there anymore. I thought I will send her a thank you letter after the interview but I came home and just threw up a piece of paper with the the name of the manager who interviewed me because she doesn't deserve thank you letter. The only person who was friendly is Sara, who smiled to me for her co-worker too :-) To the manager who interviewed me: you never smiled to me, please smile and life will smile you back!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you don't get along with person you work with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Cypress, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty brief. Waited for a while in the break room for the manager to call me in. Got asked a couple easy scenario questions, got drug tested then interview one more time and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Different Scenarios Name one time you dealt with a angry customer, how did you respond. Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Southlake, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submit application online. Wait, wait and wait longer. Receive a phone call that is likely actually them feeling you out, make an appointment for an interview. Interview happens in the food court. Standard questions for an interview. They tell you nearly nothing but they might get back with you. Wait for another interview. Get a call for a second interview. Schedule a time for second interview. Second interview will be with somebody higher up in the warehouse. If it goes well, they will give you some paperwork and have you do a drug test. After that, you wait, they will call you back if your background check and saliva drug test cleared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call requesting an interview. I arrived on the appointed day and was asked to request certain names for the interview. The person was not there and another person did the interview while someone else sat in and recorded things. The questions were all about experiences I'd had which might make me qualified for work at Costco. Things like "Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker." "Tell us a time when you showed leadership." All of these I found easy to answer because I work well with a story format. There were no trick questions and the interviewer made me feel pretty comfortable. I received a call later saying they would like to interview me again, and I arrived for my second interview not sure what I was doing or why, but I met the store manager who gave me another interview, which centered tightly around "Why do you want to work for Costco in specific?" "What do you expect to get out of this?" "What are your goals for pursuing this career path?" "Are you planning to try for a supervisory role in our company?" I got a call a few days later telling me that they were "Interested in moving forward with the hiring process" which was when I was asked to take the drug test and when the results came back from that a week later, they officially offered me the job and assigned me to an orientation day.

Interview Questions

• I did not get any questions which I regarded as difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question