Costco Wholesale Front End Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I interviewed and was told that I would receive a call to interview with store manager. Received call later that day asking to come in the next day for final interview. Once that is over, you must submit to a background check and drug test on the spot. I got a call a week later and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience with a difficult customer and how did you overcome that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, everyone starts off at the same base pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Easy and comforting... A group of us waited in the break room as we were all called in one at a time. It was a seasonal position so they were looking for multiple workers. Within a couple days I was asked to come back to take the drug test. Immediately after passing, we were taken to the presentation room training then worked an 8 hour shift that same day.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, however it's set up to really intimidate you. Must stay focused. They usually 2 on 1 you and will gang up on you more and more. Do not get flustered! Usually the less important interviewer will bait you with question about your old job. Do not fall for this! as soon as you start badmouthing your old job you might as well walk out because you won't be called back. Make sure to google and memorize the history of google.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Albany, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online They called for an interview on a saturday and asked if I could come in an hour later. I did and they asked at least 20 questions. Character questions and what would you do if... questions. It was two front end managers and they were very nice. Got a call back a few days later for a second interview with one of the asst. managers. From the time I sat down in his office I could tell he did not like me. His demeanor made me nervous and uncomfortable. He implied that I was over qualified, letting me know that I had a lot of schooling and a lot of technical experience. Neither was true, I don't even have an AA degree and not much technical employment. He also seemed concerned that I had previous managerial experience, asking if I would have a problem taking orders from others. He let me know that if I was not chosen I would receive an email. That's when I knew for sure that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The assistant manager asked how I would handle a disagreement with a co-worker.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was one-on-one with the department manager. He asked me five or six questions. The overall selection process was up to the Front End Manager. The department manager concurred with some of my responses and conveyed that he liked what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What would you do during your downtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application (for any position) online near the end of March, let a few days pass, and then took my resume with me to the warehouse early in the week and handed it to a Front End Manager. He was really nice and asked me why I wanted to work for Costco. He told me that they would hiring soon and that I would get a call if they wanted to interview me. I received a call a couple weeks later to schedule an interview. I was greeted by my interviewer and didn't have to wait, even though I was early. The interview lasted about 30 minutes where I was asked questions by the supervisor and another employee took notes. They were both very friendly and the interview felt very relaxed. I got a call about a week later to schedule a second interview, this time with the Admin Manager. When I got there he told me that all I needed to do was sign a few papers and go take a drug test within 24 hrs. Exactly 2 weeks after I completed my drug test I was offered the job and given a choice of days for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Costco?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with another employee? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How do handle stressful situations and how do you prioritize multiple tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a mistake. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Salem, OR).

Interview

I had 2 employees and 1 trainee interview me. we sat down in a back room and they briefly told me about the interview process, then one asked questions while the other wrote down my answers. After the interview they said we got more interviews to take and we will contact you by the end of the week about your status.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved it? Why do you want to work for Costco? Tell us about a mistake you made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Azusa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions about situational things that could potentially go on during the day through the store. One of the draw backs is that they do make you stay later than your scheduled hours. Overall, the people interviewing me were very friendly but slightly intimidating. Come prepared and dress appropriately! One woman came in wearing flip-flops and a sweatshirt to an interview. I was very soon after my interview hired, and loved my time there.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay until 2am if needed? Those hours of the night are very much needed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be open to anything. You must be willing to make Costco your life.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very nice. Sat in the break room until a manger comes and gets you. Go into the office while they ask some questions. We were laughing and having normal conversations after each question. Wasn't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where one of your fellow coworker had a difference in opinions   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with two people in the room and it was explained that there were two people because it would count as my first and second interview. They asked what would you do and how would you handle this situation questions. As well what I knew about the company. At the end they said someone would call in a week or two to either set up another interview or let me know if I wasn't the right person. For the third interview there was only one person and she asked a few more questions and what I knew about the company. She also asked about past employment.