Costco Wholesale Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Maple Grove, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a day later got a call to come in for the interview. The interview was with the manager and a supervisor in the food court. They asked about 10 questions about, and they were all behavioral questions. The next day I got called to come in for a second interview, this interview was even easier than the first one. The second interview was with a different supervisor, it was basically just to meet me and get to know me. After that they make you go and take a drug test, once you pass the drug test you can begin training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wish you would've handled a situation differently.   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with a person you are working with that is lazy?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Kenosha, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Received phone call to come in for a phone interview. Arrived for the initial interview aprox. 15 minutes early and was seen right away by the Interviewer. It was a rather stiff and formal introduction with a "soft" handshake from the interviewer. I can't stand that! Aprox. 5-6 questions mostly the "tough"behaviorable ones! Interviewer was friendly and the interview lasted less than 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Co-worker. What was the conflict and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Maplewood, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

I've searched Costco wholesale and interview processes and had read that the first interview was a phone interview. Costco had called me about 2-3 weeks after I submitted an application online. They were hiring for seasonal employees at the time. The call wasn't an interview before. The lady explained to me they were hiring seasonals and they reviewed my application and asked me if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. I said yes, scheduled it and awaited my interview date. I went in for my interview. I told the person in the front door and they directed me to the food area and told me that the interviewer would be with me in just a little bit. She told me to go sit at the first table by the ice machine..... There was no ice machine. There was a pop machine. I sat right next to the food area for about 5-10 minutes, then decided to switch to the other end which was by the tires. A man walked by about 3 minutes later asking if I was here for an interview. I said yes and he said that he'll be with me in a few minutes. (He was probably a lead or a supervisor.) He came back with the lady that I had spoken to on the phone (I'm not sure if she was a lead, supervisor or just an HR employee). They sat down and explained what they're expecting from me as far as answers go (they want experience related answers, not what-would-you-do answers). The man told me that if he stops me, it means that he's got his answer and that they'll move to the next question. His demeanor was very "let's get this done and over with." The woman didn't seem too interested. She was writing down my answers and sometimes looked at me blankly. They told me they have a bunch of interviews lined up and so maybe that's why they seemed to be so nonchalant. My total time there was probably about 30 minutes, and the interview was probably only 5-10 minutes tops. They called me back to schedule a second interview. I scheduled a time with them. After giving it 2-3 days thought, I became disinterested in the position due to the interviewers' demeanor. I called them back the day of the interview and said that I was no longer able to take the job. The same lady nonchalantly said "okay", said her bye and then hung up.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions, but I was asked a lot of" Please tell me a time when you.... The only question I probably remember is "Please tell me a time when you made a mistake and you had to accept the consequences" or something like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

after getting out of the U.S. Navy i was shopping at Costco when i saw an employee wearing a navy hat, after talking to him for a few minutes and saying i had just got out he asked if i was working any where when I said no he suggested i put in a application and said i could use him as a reference so I did. I got an interview a few days later it went very well i was only looking for a part tim e job while i went to school but I stayed here now for 18 years

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected question i felt was when asked if i had a preference for what shift I wanted to work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There hiring process was quick. I was in a crowded trailer. There was lots of discussions happening with other people. The interview was quick. I was hired on the spot. Interviewers knew exactly what they wanted, which made the process seamless. They were easy to talk with and were attentive. It was a good experience considering the chaos.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No option for negotiations. Set price.

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Yonkers, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

the interview process was easy going. thought it would of been hard but it actually wasn't. had a one on one interview. don't like interviews kind of make me nervous.

Interview Questions

• how would you get to work at 5am   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Westbury, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for this job on-line. On interview were the same questions, like on that kind of test, when you filling up an application. I has two interviews with different people. All the rime the same questions, and checking information about my personality. Nothing difficult. Now i am happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing to worry about. If you could answer on-line, it will be not a problem to answer in person.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Interview

They ask you a lot of ridiculous questions. Examle: what would you do if you saw a man walk in with a long black trech coat? I said : Say Hello like i would to any customer THey asked if i would let management know- They obviously were judging this man because he had a trech coat on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Northbrook, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

One interview. Initial process and communication were great. Easy to follow and talk to the lady on the phone. The interview itself was horrible. The questions asked had nothing to do with the job itself and when I arrived the interviewer said the job was only seasonal anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayamon, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Bayamon, PR) in July 2009.

Interview

Had to go through four (4) interviews before I was hired but it was worth it..

Interview Questions

• There are only two positions left, impress me and tell me why should I give you one of those two positions... and your expectations in the future in the company   1 Answer