Costco Wholesale

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

I applied online and called the next day to inquire about open positions. I was told to call back the following Monday and speak to the front end manager. I did so and he asked me to come in that day for an interview. The interview took about 20 minutes. Typical customer service interview questions, nothing unusual. If you have previous customer service or retail experience, you shouldn't have any problems with the interview process. The front end manager that interviewed me said he would offer me the job right there but he thought the merchandising/stocking manager might like to speak with me as my most recent experience was with support in a retail setting. He said if I don't hear from her in a week to give him a call back and he'd make me an offer. Overall a good interview experience!

Interview Questions
  • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time that you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time that you needed to work with a sense of urgency and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time that you had to change your shift or schedule at the last minute and how did you handle it?   View Answer
Nothing negotiated yet. Waiting to hear from the merchandising/stocking manager before the front end manager makes me an official offer. But I was told I'd definitely have a position within the store.

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2011.

Filling an application online I have to admit was a little confusing, but once I found out how to do it, I must have applied half a dozen times over the course of a year. When I finally got a call, I went in for the first interview for a position in the meat department since they noticed that I had "kitchen help" on my resume'. Since it wasn't the type of experience they were expecting, I was not hired for that position, but thankfully they took a liking to me and called me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was basically to tell me that I got the job as long as everything checked out (drug test, citizenship, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • The interview did not include any difficult or unexpected questions. It was very straight forward, simple and to the point.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, I started at the base rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Applied and took a personality test and heard back within a few weeks I believe. First in the interview process was a 1 on 1 interview with the front end manager. Pretty standard issue interview consisting of questions about value and morality followed by role play instances of situations which would put you in some sort internal moral conflict (pick the good guy route, always works)

Interview Questions
    • If you found 50 dollars outside of Costco and no one was around what would you do.   View Answer
    Unless your rolling into Costco with a bachelors degree or some form of serious credentials your 90% of the time going to have to start from the bottom and work your way up. (They are very big on inner-workplace promotions)

Front-end Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2008.

The process was great and really laid back. People were quite nice and had great things to say of my resume and demeanor. I really look forward to growing with the company and receiving such great benefits. Overall I'd say that this particular warehouse is very friendly and has alot of business pass thru the doors on a daily basis, which only proves that hours are available.

Front End Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2010.

Well i applied online and got call to come in for interview 2 days later. I was then interviewed by 3 people and they had me take a drug test and sign my off on background check but they didn't offer a position so i am a little confused they said it will take a week before i hear back and that will be this coming monday, but i am still sort of puzzled cause would they waste a drug test on me if they were not gonna hire me? they also had me read over two forms and sign for front end and bakery.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you had to assist a disgruntled customer and how did it go   View Answer
    there is no negotiation you basically start out at 11 an hr and work your way up so get your dancing shoes on,