Costco Wholesale

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2011.

Interview Details – Filling an application online I have to admit was a little confusing, but once I found out how to do it, I must have applied half a dozen times over the course of a year. When I finally got a call, I went in for the first interview for a position in the meat department since they noticed that I had "kitchen help" on my resume'. Since it wasn't the type of experience they were expecting, I was not hired for that position, but thankfully they took a liking to me and called me back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was basically to tell me that I got the job as long as everything checked out (drug test, citizenship, etc.)

Interview Question – The interview did not include any difficult or unexpected questions. It was very straight forward, simple and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, I started at the base rate.

Leesburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied and took a personality test and heard back within a few weeks I believe. First in the interview process was a 1 on 1 interview with the front end manager. Pretty standard issue interview consisting of questions about value and morality followed by role play instances of situations which would put you in some sort internal moral conflict (pick the good guy route, always works)

Interview Question – If you found 50 dollars outside of Costco and no one was around what would you do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unless your rolling into Costco with a bachelors degree or some form of serious credentials your 90% of the time going to have to start from the bottom and work your way up. (They are very big on inner-workplace promotions)

Front-end Interview

Front-end
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2008.

Interview Details – The process was great and really laid back. People were quite nice and had great things to say of my resume and demeanor. I really look forward to growing with the company and receiving such great benefits. Overall I'd say that this particular warehouse is very friendly and has alot of business pass thru the doors on a daily basis, which only proves that hours are available.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Front End

The process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2010.

Interview Details – Well i applied online and got call to come in for interview 2 days later. I was then interviewed by 3 people and they had me take a drug test and sign my off on background check but they didn't offer a position so i am a little confused they said it will take a week before i hear back and that will be this coming monday, but i am still sort of puzzled cause would they waste a drug test on me if they were not gonna hire me? they also had me read over two forms and sign for front end and bakery.

Interview Question – describe a time you had to assist a disgruntled customer and how did it go   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation you basically start out at 11 an hr and work your way up so get your dancing shoes on,

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale Front End interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees and interview candidates.