Costco Wholesale

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Supervisor

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Three in person interviews. The last was with upper management. I was applying to be a cashier but they saw my previous supervisor experience. And pushed me to apply for their Front End Supervisor job. I had to learn the cash register and all the policies before I started. Sink or swim. This was a new store opening.

Interview Question – What motivates you? How do you communicate effectively?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I was expecting.

Front End Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had a the first two interviews after 3 weeks of waiting to get an interview and then another week went by and a got a third interview. However I was not offered the job but the two positions were given to a transfer employee and the other one went to another individual who went through the SIT program just before myself. I was really discouraged by the way the third interview went.

Interview Questions

Front End Supervisor

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2011.

Interview Details – Have not interviewed for a long time...they used the rothman interview, for which I was not prepared for.

Interview Question – have I ever made a comprimise for myself, or a member, or anything in genera   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details – when getting promoted i feel like management picks those they know cause some of the management doesn't deserve their jobs

Interview Question – your really busy what do you do   View Answer

Front End Supervisor

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2009.

Interview Details – Costco uses the same set of behavior based questions for internal or external applicants, like "tell me about a time that you demonstrated excellent member service" or "give me an example of a time you resolved a conflict." Be prepared to tell of specific experiences as they often "drill down" by asking follow-up questions about specific details. Costco rarely hires supervisors or managers from outside, so be prepared to start at the bottom regardless of your education and background. Also, union locations promote based on seniority so avoid them if you intend to move up quickly. Pick a thriving market with frequent warehouse openings for the best opportunities. Also, be willing to do any job and have open availability to get your foot in the door. The high volume of applicants compared to hiring needs makes them reluctant to hire anyone with availability issues.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation typically for hourly employees (set pay scale.) Some negotiation possible at management level, but rare to hire managers from outside.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!