Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I submitted an application online, and they called me about a week later to schedule an interview. They were opening a new store, so they had scheduled several hundred people to come into a hotel lobby, come when called, and sit down at one of many tables for the interview itself. I dressed business casual and answered their questions honestly and brightly, so the first phase of my interview went very quickly. I sat down with two managers. They explained the interview process, and I answered about ten questions about my previous experiences before one of them said that he did not need to hear more and would be sending me up to the next step. I then met with a higher level manager, talked with him a bit about my expectations for retail and where I wanted to go with the company. He wrote a few notes about where I might fit in the store then sent me to a drug screening (saliva collection, not urine or anything too messy). I was called back a few days later with a job offer. I accepted, and then it was on to orientation and canvasing training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation, because it's an entry-level job and they have a set pay scale.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2015.

Interview

New store opening, so it was more of a bulk interview process over a few days. I applied online and was called the next day to set up a time to come in. I interviewed 2 days later, first with two employees (not sure of job titles). We talked about previous work history, and the basic interview questions, maybe 6-10 in total. I 'passed' this round and next met with the Warehouse Manager. This was more informal and was really a get-to-know-you interview. We talked availability and where I saw myself within the company in the future. Altogether a very pleasant experience. I was offered the position the same day, and I'm excited to work for this company!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you were recognized for your performance.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call for an interview within the hour. Had "2" interviews which was really one with two men. Then i had a third with the assistant manager. Took a drug test and was offered the job 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • describe a time where you showed leadership   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had to make a difficult or unpopular decision   Answer Question

Data Modeler Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Recruiting will not get back to you if they decide to pass on you. The pay is low for the position and they will not give you feedback if asked. They look down at people who may have had multiple job changes due to layoffs. The interviews do focus on the expected skill set and you do have to demonstrate that you have the skills which I think is a plus. They seem to be behind the times in a lot of ways and definitely have a "you would be blessed by the gods to work here" mentality.

Morning Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Menomonee Falls, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day to come in for an interview at their temporary office since the Costco is being built currently. Was brought into a room with 2 managers. Went through a list of 10 questions then told me they'd get back to me. They called the next day for a final interview and I came in met with the GM and was offered the job pending a mouth swab drug test which they did right in the office and a background check. They told me they'd call me within 5 days, it was a Thursday. They were having delays on background checks so 5 days after the offer I still hadn't received a call. I had to call to see if they pulled the offer or if something happened, but it turns out they hadn't received the background checks back for multiple people. They wanted me to agree to training and orientation before receiving confirmation of hiring through my background check which I thought was strange and a little unprofessional. I didn't want to give official notice to my employer until I had official confirmation which they couldn't give me so it was a nerve-wracking 7 days of waiting for confirmation (Thursday to Thursday).

Interview Questions

• When have you been praised for your effort/work? When was a time you admitted fault? Explain a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I interviewed and was told that I would receive a call to interview with store manager. Received call later that day asking to come in the next day for final interview. Once that is over, you must submit to a background check and drug test on the spot. I got a call a week later and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience with a difficult customer and how did you overcome that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, everyone starts off at the same base pay.

Part Time Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was a two part interview. First with two of the assistant managers and then with the Store Manager if you get that far. A drug test is done immediately after the interviews if you are to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a retail position before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Called right after applying. They were hiring for a new store. There we many interviews going on at 1 time. The interview itself lasted under 10 minutes. There were 2 interviewers interviewing me. Most answers they replied good too, but I think because I didn't want to work varying schedules they didn't want me because soon after that I was told they were done and hopefully I would be called back for a 3rd interview but as reading here I I know they do that interview right away.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working viable shifts and how do you feel about it.   Answer Question

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Applied for an opening in the shipping department and was called back for an interview within a week. Met with a manager who asked me about my previous experiences and what I would be doing there as a shipper.

Interview Questions

• They ask several questions about ethics. One question was if you found money in the parking lot what would you do. Another might be about finding a wallet or if you saw another employee steeling company property what would you do.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Hackensack, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and no technical difficulties not too many questions were asked and they didn't ask personal questions it wasn't a long process it was very easy to apply

Interview Questions

• What kind of salary do i want?   1 Answer