Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview

I feel that Costco Discriminanted me. I got a call for an interview and went, while I was waiting for one of the other ladies who was going to interview me the other interview lady was sitting with me chatting and she started asking me about my availability and I told them I worked one day a week for about 6 hours. Well once it was the real interview and it was that lady's turn to ask questions she got an attitude and started interrogating me on which job would take priority. I dont feel that companies are giving people fair chances.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if I was called in on a day I worked at the other place   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Very thorough, must have excellent people skills, willing to learn fast, willing to work long hours without breaks or maybe lunch, adapt to changes quickly, must have excellent customer service skills, speak fluently several languages a plus, organized, focused, produce results, team player but yet a leader, good mentor, be teachable and willing to teach.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a very pissed off customer that after spent thousand of dollars in a computer does't like it and want's his money back now!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Excellent!

New Store/All Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (East Peoria, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online....got a phone call and interviewed the next day. Two people sat in on the interview. The girl asked questions from a form. i.e...tell me about a time when you didn't get along with another employee; tell me about a time when you volunteered at a job. At age 56, this was the 1st interview in over 20 years. Did not expect these types of questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were awarded for a job well done.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Boston, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

my interview was a long interview which consisted basically in my study background, my social status and my past experience in a similar job. They also asked whether I enjoyed what I do for living and how much I had earned in previous businesses.

Interview Questions

• in the years you have worked as a sales representative, which has been your favorite one?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Silverdale, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions

• all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online and waited a few days. Walked in store to introduce myself to manager and he told me to come back the next day as it was too busy. When I came back it turned out to be an interview. He and the assistant manager sat down with me at the food court and asked about 20-25 questions. Majority of them were situational ("describe a time when..."). That's what made it tough. They were friendly and assisted with questions I didn't fully understand. I got called for a 2nd interview a couple days later and had a drug test that same day. Overall, average-tough interview but it's worth it in the end! Got offered a seasonal job and eventually was offered a permanent position in the bakery! Great company to work for!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you exhibited teamwork and how it benefited the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job online during their seasonal hire (~May). The online application process was thorough and it also had a questionnaire at the end to test what you would do in certain situations. I received a phone call within a week to come in for an interview. I had the first one with a supervisor, then I immediately had the second interview with a department manager and another supervisor, then the final one with the warehouse manager. I received a phone call within a week letting me know that I got the job and to come in for orientation Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard with the questions that they ask with in regards to retail and how you would handle difficult situations with members.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, however it's set up to really intimidate you. Must stay focused. They usually 2 on 1 you and will gang up on you more and more. Do not get flustered! Usually the less important interviewer will bait you with question about your old job. Do not fall for this! as soon as you start badmouthing your old job you might as well walk out because you won't be called back. Make sure to google and memorize the history of google.

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Burlington, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

First, I have been a loyal Costco member for over 3 years. I recently applied for a seasonal position at my local Costco. I was called in for an interview and, to be honest, I was taken back by the level of questions in the interview: what is your most memorable work experience, explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it, how do you motivate a non-productive employee. I was totally unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer