Costco Wholesale

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Front End Assistant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

I feel that Costco Discriminanted me. I got a call for an interview and went, while I was waiting for one of the other ladies who was going to interview me the other interview lady was sitting with me chatting and she started asking me about my availability and I told them I worked one day a week for about 6 hours. Well once it was the real interview and it was that lady's turn to ask questions she got an attitude and started interrogating me on which job would take priority. I dont feel that companies are giving people fair chances.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do if I was called in on a day I worked at the other place   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions
    • all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2012.

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very thorough, must have excellent people skills, willing to learn fast, willing to work long hours without breaks or maybe lunch, adapt to changes quickly, must have excellent customer service skills, speak fluently several languages a plus, organized, focused, produce results, team player but yet a leader, good mentor, be teachable and willing to teach.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a very pissed off customer that after spent thousand of dollars in a computer does't like it and want's his money back now!   View Answer
    Excellent!

New Store/All Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2012.

Applied online....got a phone call and interviewed the next day. Two people sat in on the interview. The girl asked questions from a form. i.e...tell me about a time when you didn't get along with another employee; tell me about a time when you volunteered at a job. At age 56, this was the 1st interview in over 20 years. Did not expect these types of questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were awarded for a job well done.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2009.

my interview was a long interview which consisted basically in my study background, my social status and my past experience in a similar job. They also asked whether I enjoyed what I do for living and how much I had earned in previous businesses.

Interview Questions
    • in the years you have worked as a sales representative, which has been your favorite one?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2014.

Face to face with head managers. might be intimidating to some. be honest and answer how you would be strong and decisions you made. customer service examples. Explained why Costco was a company i wanted to work for.

Any Posistion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2010.

I applied for the new Costco opening in Mettawa, IL on a Sunday and was called the next day (Monday) for an interview. I dressed nicely in a shirt and tie for my 1st interview which was the next day on Tuesday. The interview was somewhat difficult I believe as they asked questions I have not ever had before, but of course this was my my 2nd real job interview (I received a job offer at Toys R Us a week earlier for a seasonal store). I was interviewed by two young guys who asked basic questions, but some more complicated questions as well. They both sat on the other side of the table and took turns asking the quesions. A total of 30-40 questions were asked and then I was told what would happen next. I received a call 3 days later on Friday offering another interview which was scheduled a week later. I again went in there dressed nicely. It was really busy the 2nd time (lots of people waiting to be interviewed and lots of Costco employees trying to recruit business and members on the phone). The interviewing took place in an office building in a strip mall since the Costco is not fully constructed yet. After waiting about 45 mins I was called in a room again with two young guys. They didn't really have an interview series of questions other than just ask about my current job and say how crazy Toys R Us is for opening all these seasonal stores this year. It was more of a conversation. Then out of no where the one guy stopped mid-sentence and said there is no need to continue asking questions and the other guy slapped a plastic package on the table. I was informed it was an oral drug test that just uses saliva and it would take just 15 mins. I was given a job description to read and sign off on while the test was in process. I was told after the results came back that they would do a background check and then I would be called for Orientation which would be next month when the Costco is fully constructed. Overall it was a real friendly but busy atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a compromise with a supervisor to achieve a goal   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase, I was satisfied with the job I was offered and would be satisfied if I started off with Costco's $11/hr starting pay.

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

I applied on line for a new store in North Riverside, Illinois. Was contacted for in person interview. Was interviewed by two young men taking turns asking questions. I was truly surprised when one of them started speaking, he barely spoke proper english. Never in my many years of being interviewed have I experienced such interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I think the ever endless questions are the standard questions you will get everywhere. The only thing is that they go on forever and are not very creative.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2010.

I applied for a cashier position online after receiving a notice that I was going to be laid off at my previous employer. I got a phone call for an interview about four days after I applied. I was interviewed by a supervisor and another supervisor that was just writing my responses. They asked me about my experiences from my previous job. I thought the interview was going well, until they asked me questions that are more relevant to Costco. Considering that my family recently purchased a membership and I have been there only two times, I had to kind of BS those questions to the best of my ability. Needless to say, I did not get the job, and learned to do some research before an interview.