Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.6

Front End Assistant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

I feel that Costco Discriminanted me. I got a call for an interview and went, while I was waiting for one of the other ladies who was going to interview me the other interview lady was sitting with me chatting and she started asking me about my availability and I told them I worked one day a week for about 6 hours. Well once it was the real interview and it was that lady's turn to ask questions she got an attitude and started interrogating me on which job would take priority. I dont feel that companies are giving people fair chances.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do if I was called in on a day I worked at the other place   View Answer

New Store/All Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2012.

Applied online....got a phone call and interviewed the next day. Two people sat in on the interview. The girl asked questions from a form. i.e...tell me about a time when you didn't get along with another employee; tell me about a time when you volunteered at a job. At age 56, this was the 1st interview in over 20 years. Did not expect these types of questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were awarded for a job well done.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very thorough, must have excellent people skills, willing to learn fast, willing to work long hours without breaks or maybe lunch, adapt to changes quickly, must have excellent customer service skills, speak fluently several languages a plus, organized, focused, produce results, team player but yet a leader, good mentor, be teachable and willing to teach.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a very pissed off customer that after spent thousand of dollars in a computer does't like it and want's his money back now!   View Answer
    Excellent!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2009.

my interview was a long interview which consisted basically in my study background, my social status and my past experience in a similar job. They also asked whether I enjoyed what I do for living and how much I had earned in previous businesses.

Interview Questions
    • in the years you have worked as a sales representative, which has been your favorite one?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions
    • all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2012.

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

You basically have to know someone that works at the store your applying. If you don't I suggest conversing with an employee. Thats how I got my interview! Interview would have been difficult if I had not prepared properly. Scroll through these reviews and write down every question asked and have a solid answer for each one. This way you know what to say without hesitation. They want concrete examples from past experiences not what would you do scenario. They want long term employees so answer each question as if Costco is the only job you ever want any other answer eluding temporary or no career plan is not going to get you the second interview. I had two interviews. First with two assistant managers the last one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    None everyone starts pay and front end job.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2014.

I applied online and four days later I was called in for an interview. First interview was with department manager, interview went well basic behavioral questions (what will you do, tell me about a time...etc). I was invited to a second interview with the store manager, it didn't go so well. I was well prepared with the answers to the questions that I thought she was going to ask but all she asked were questions about my degree. I was caught off guard by her questions about my degree. Her facial expressions gave me the NO right there and then.

Deli Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2013.

Most likely they will want years of Costco experience for you. If you are seeking from outside the company you better hope no one from within the company applied. If from the outside, they will need to see a crazy work ethic, logic and sense of ownership of previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask some standard food service questions, e.g. cooked temperature for chicken, beef, pork. Also your freezing temps and refrigerator temps.   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

First, I have been a loyal Costco member for over 3 years. I recently applied for a seasonal position at my local Costco. I was called in for an interview and, to be honest, I was taken back by the level of questions in the interview: what is your most memorable work experience, explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it, how do you motivate a non-productive employee. I was totally unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it?   View Answer