Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.6

Front End Assistant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

I feel that Costco Discriminanted me. I got a call for an interview and went, while I was waiting for one of the other ladies who was going to interview me the other interview lady was sitting with me chatting and she started asking me about my availability and I told them I worked one day a week for about 6 hours. Well once it was the real interview and it was that lady's turn to ask questions she got an attitude and started interrogating me on which job would take priority. I dont feel that companies are giving people fair chances.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do if I was called in on a day I worked at the other place   View Answer

New Store/All Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2012.

Applied online....got a phone call and interviewed the next day. Two people sat in on the interview. The girl asked questions from a form. i.e...tell me about a time when you didn't get along with another employee; tell me about a time when you volunteered at a job. At age 56, this was the 1st interview in over 20 years. Did not expect these types of questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were awarded for a job well done.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very thorough, must have excellent people skills, willing to learn fast, willing to work long hours without breaks or maybe lunch, adapt to changes quickly, must have excellent customer service skills, speak fluently several languages a plus, organized, focused, produce results, team player but yet a leader, good mentor, be teachable and willing to teach.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a very pissed off customer that after spent thousand of dollars in a computer does't like it and want's his money back now!   View Answer
    Excellent!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2009.

my interview was a long interview which consisted basically in my study background, my social status and my past experience in a similar job. They also asked whether I enjoyed what I do for living and how much I had earned in previous businesses.

Interview Questions
    • in the years you have worked as a sales representative, which has been your favorite one?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions
    • all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2012.

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2014.

Face to face with head managers. might be intimidating to some. be honest and answer how you would be strong and decisions you made. customer service examples. Explained why Costco was a company i wanted to work for.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

They asked many questions that were not your typical boring questions. People were friendly with loaded questions. THIS IS A THREE STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. For me they did them the same night. Was done in a pretty laid back manor. BUSINESS CASUAL is dress style. Jeans and polo are what I wore.

Interview Questions
    • Some that I can recall is how have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker, with a customer, and how will your previous work experience apply here.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was no negotiate phase, pay was good but slightly less than what I currently make at my first job. Not so much about the money for me so it didn't matter for me

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant), Etc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I successfully interviewed for FE Assistant as a college student and had multiple interviews within the company during my six years there. First-time hires require three interviews, but two of those take place concurrently. So for my first, I was interviewed by two supervisors, then for the so-called third interview (my second time going in) I was interviewed by an associate manager and introduced to the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • During my first interview they requested, "Talk about yourself for three minutes." (and set an egg timer!)

All interviews I had at Costco were heavily behavior-based. So they didn't ask questions so much as give prompts usually beginning with, "Tell me about a time when…"

For example: when you were challenged, when you faced an ethical dilemma, and so on.

View Answer

Merchandise Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2015.

A forty minute interview, followed by a Microsoft Excel and Ten-key test. It was a fairly basic interview. They often asked for real-life examples. Make sure to prior to the interview, prepare a number of real-life examples. (Ex: When is an example of how you face conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it).