Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

2.6

Any Openings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied online and in December I walked in and spoke with a supervisor who told me to come back in a couple months since they just hired. I came back in February in the Lodi California . This time I spoke with Matt a supervisor who said if he takes my resume he will mail me a rejection letter. He said they only take onljne. I explained to him I applied online and was told in December to walk in because it's better. He said that he was hired that way too but said he would still district my resume and reject my application.

I followed up with a phone call to a manager who confirmed that he did not know what he talking about. They said they are not hiring but check back in March or April.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

so i walked in there with no idea where to go and asked the receipt checker where to go for an interview, they said to go to membership, and then the person at membership radioed for the interviewer. we sat down in the food court and thats where the interview was. he asked a few questions. i knew they were really understaffed because he sounded like he was trying to sell me a car instead of offer me a job. then the second interviewer came. asked a few more questions. got drug testested. and then filled in some final things on the computer. i forgot my social security card but he said it was fine and to call him when i got it.

Interview Questions
    • any customer service experience?   View Answer
    • were there any incidents related to customer service   View Answer
    • what did you want to do with your life before working at costco.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

They asked many questions that were not your typical boring questions. People were friendly with loaded questions. THIS IS A THREE STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. For me they did them the same night. Was done in a pretty laid back manor. BUSINESS CASUAL is dress style. Jeans and polo are what I wore.

Interview Questions
    • Some that I can recall is how have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker, with a customer, and how will your previous work experience apply here.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was no negotiate phase, pay was good but slightly less than what I currently make at my first job. Not so much about the money for me so it didn't matter for me

Stocker Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online. Application took about 20 minutes. It has been two weeks and i have not heard back from costco about my application. They dont give a contact email so i have no way of getting in touch with them to ask about the status of my application. I am now looking elsewhere for employment.

Amy Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online and chose any position from the list of available openings. Received a call a week later and went in for the interview with two supervisors. They were very nice, asked standard questions, and explained the pay, benefits, and scheduling procedures. Got called a day later to interview with the warehouse manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to share a job and split up duties amongst multiple people.
      Name a time or how would you deal with an angry customer.
      What steps do you take to achieve your goals?
      Do you have any questions for us? (always ask questions bc it shows the employer you're interested in the position. Ask about guaranteed hours, rate of pay, etc.)

View Answer

Merchandise Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2015.

A forty minute interview, followed by a Microsoft Excel and Ten-key test. It was a fairly basic interview. They often asked for real-life examples. Make sure to prior to the interview, prepare a number of real-life examples. (Ex: When is an example of how you face conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it).

Maintenance Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

One phone interview. On in person interview. Was hired sent for a drug screen and started working within that week. You are evaluate on your punctuality and diligent on the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the question were normal and about previous employment.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied online for a new store opening. I got a call to go to a cattle call interview about two weeks later.

The first interview was with two managers. One asked questions, and the other wrote on a clip board. They asked basic interview questions. After that I waited for about 15 min and had a more indepth interview with an assistant store manger.

A few day after that I went in for a drug test and to fill out paper work. About a week later they had orientation classes.

Interview Questions
    • Is there an instance in the past where you feel like you could have made a better decsion, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base pay off a scale.

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was called in for a typing skills test and immediately interviewed by two upper management consecutively. Shortly after I was contacted to come in and fill out paperwork and take a drug test. I was hired on the condition that my background check come back clean. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about past experiences so have some examples of past work.   Answer Question
    It was a seasonal position so no negotiating.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was interviewed by 2 managers a man and a lady and they both asked me questions. One then the other. It was very quick. I think I was only asked 4 questions. Their faces were very serious and they did not make small talk at all. Once I was done they said ok thank you for your time and that I would receive a email

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer? What did you to diffuse the situation?   Answer Question