Costco Wholesale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tire Installer/Sales Interview

Tire Installer/Sales
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone has a chance to get interviewed. EVERYONE. Just apply. If called, dress for the interview, not the job. Answer in a way where you understand you will be held at the highest standards and will achieve it.

Interview Question – What are your shortcomings.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They start you at what they start everyone. when I started it was $11.50 at clerk pay. 7 years later and I am at 22.50 with bonuses.

Any Interview

Any
Lubbock, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

Interview Details – You basically have to know someone that works at the store your applying. If you don't I suggest conversing with an employee. Thats how I got my interview! Interview would have been difficult if I had not prepared properly. Scroll through these reviews and write down every question asked and have a solid answer for each one. This way you know what to say without hesitation. They want concrete examples from past experiences not what would you do scenario. They want long term employees so answer each question as if Costco is the only job you ever want any other answer eluding temporary or no career plan is not going to get you the second interview. I had two interviews. First with two assistant managers the last one with the store manager.

Interview Question – Name a time you wished you handled a customer differently.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – None everyone starts pay and front end job.

Night Merchandiser Interview

Night Merchandiser

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details – Very smooth interview. Very friendly managers. I would recommend most of my friends to join the Costco team. I dont know what else to say. I just want access to more salaries so I have to write this review. I hope this is over thirty words...

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Costco?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – 3 interviews in one day
They go over basics regarding your problem solving skills using hypothetical situations
Each interviewer got a little deeper with the questions. It seemed like if #2 didn't like your answers, you would not have been passed on to #3. They drug test the same day.

Negotiation Details – They have a standard base starting pay. Even if you left the company and came back, you have to start over at the bottom. Currently $11/hour for front end assistant or other assistant (like deli)

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Silverdale, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Question – all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – The hiring process was brief two different interviewers, nothing really in depth felt more like a conversation with a friend instead of a job interview. The application was more of a survey and it was lengthy. Lots of random questions most of which were the same question asked in 3 different ways.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflicts or disagreements in the work place?   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got the call a couple weeks later to go in, my first interview was with two workers.. basic questions.. why work here, do you know about company, tell me if you were in this situation, what motivates you. 3 days later i got called for an 3rd interview with GM, asked about experience, and if i knew about company.. mostly to see what position they are going to put me in

Interview Question – What is your weakness? Tell me about a time you had a misunderstanding with co-worker?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Show you want to further your career with costco, like you want advancement opportunities

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Gas Station Attendant
Rohnert Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Basic interviews with situational questions, swab drug test on the spot, and a background check. 3 Interviews with different managers, mine were all in a row on one day, although I was told normally thry split them up over a few days.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No pay negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising
Ocean, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is no special hiring process. They interview and if they like you you're hired! They're usually just trying to get some bodies in there. Costco's are very busy. Everyone of them.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N negotiation phase.

Santa Maria, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for any position and received a call a few days later. I was referred by a couple of employees. I entered the interview with a cold and fever, which made me feel even more nervous and I was not able to think clearly when answering questions. Two managers constructed the interview. The hiring manager was super nice and was pleasurable to speak with. The questions concerned my work experience, customer service, and how I have acted in certain situations.

Specific situation questions that I remember are: "Describe a time in which you had to suddenly show a sense of urgency at work?" "Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem with an associate through communication?" "How do you deal with angry customers?"

One thing that was strange about the interview was that the second manager in the room would not look at me. I was attempting to keep eye contact with both of them throughout the interview, but the second manager was staring at the floor with his hand rested underneath his chin, and he did not speak until I was leaving. Since I was sick I did not appear healthy and energetic.

It wasn't horrible on my end, I just could have provided better answers that expressed my strong desire to work for the company. After my interview the hiring manager told me to check my email for confirmation. When he said that I knew that I wasn't hired.

Interview Question – Not very difficult. Opening questioning was most unexpected, "What would you be doing if you weren't here right now?"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale