Costco Wholesale

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Silverdale, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Question – all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Santa Maria, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for any position and received a call a few days later. I was referred by a couple of employees. I entered the interview with a cold and fever, which made me feel even more nervous and I was not able to think clearly when answering questions. Two managers constructed the interview. The hiring manager was super nice and was pleasurable to speak with. The questions concerned my work experience, customer service, and how I have acted in certain situations.

Specific situation questions that I remember are: "Describe a time in which you had to suddenly show a sense of urgency at work?" "Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem with an associate through communication?" "How do you deal with angry customers?"

One thing that was strange about the interview was that the second manager in the room would not look at me. I was attempting to keep eye contact with both of them throughout the interview, but the second manager was staring at the floor with his hand rested underneath his chin, and he did not speak until I was leaving. Since I was sick I did not appear healthy and energetic.

It wasn't horrible on my end, I just could have provided better answers that expressed my strong desire to work for the company. After my interview the hiring manager told me to check my email for confirmation. When he said that I knew that I wasn't hired.

Interview Question – Not very difficult. Opening questioning was most unexpected, "What would you be doing if you weren't here right now?"   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – The hiring process was brief two different interviewers, nothing really in depth felt more like a conversation with a friend instead of a job interview. The application was more of a survey and it was lengthy. Lots of random questions most of which were the same question asked in 3 different ways.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflicts or disagreements in the work place?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got the call a couple weeks later to go in, my first interview was with two workers.. basic questions.. why work here, do you know about company, tell me if you were in this situation, what motivates you. 3 days later i got called for an 3rd interview with GM, asked about experience, and if i knew about company.. mostly to see what position they are going to put me in

Interview Question – What is your weakness? Tell me about a time you had a misunderstanding with co-worker?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Show you want to further your career with costco, like you want advancement opportunities

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Gas Station Attendant
Rohnert Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Basic interviews with situational questions, swab drug test on the spot, and a background check. 3 Interviews with different managers, mine were all in a row on one day, although I was told normally thry split them up over a few days.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No pay negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising
Ocean, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is no special hiring process. They interview and if they like you you're hired! They're usually just trying to get some bodies in there. Costco's are very busy. Everyone of them.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N negotiation phase.

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

Photo Lab Supervisor

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details – Typically 3 stage interview process, with the first 2 performed one after the other with any manager, and the 3rd interview performed by assistant GM or higher. Normal behavior questions seen at original hiring interview.

Interview Question – All from basic interview sheet   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Original interview was about 20 minutes. It was a new store, so it was done in a large room with other people being interviewed as well. Basically introductory questions about times, abilities, interests, and things like that.

After being called back for a second interview, there were more questions about what you would do in certain scenarios, as well as explaining past experiences in relation to the position. Also had to drug test.

Interview Question – Asking to give them personal situations were I had shown leadership through struggling times. I was 17 and had no prior job, so I didn't come up with a great answer in my opinion, but some people would have an easy answer to that question.   Answer Question

Food Service Assistant Interview

Food Service Assistant
Baxter, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Applied on Costco.com. 1st interview with 2 managers, 2nd interview with 1 manager. Both were very professional.

Interview Question – Research the company's history before your interview. This was very helpful for me during my interviews. They have a set list of questions to ask. A lot of, tell me a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No pay negotiations, but they pay really well for retail. I was asked to choose what department I wanted to work in as they had openings in a few.

Stock Interview

Stock
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – Well the place seemed as if everyone was uneducated, they did seem comfortable so maybe they just didn't care. Anyways, I was called in and began my interview with the as gen manager and a young manager I believe. She asked me a series of questions about 15-20 questions she was really impressed but normally takes 2-3 interviews. She said we were going to proceed to the next portion or the interview and she asked some more questions about my previous job and what i did. She was really trying to get what Ive known about the company that i worked for before but it landed me the job.

Interview Question – I was a little out of it but all the questions seemed very simple to answer. If you've had experience in retail. I was basically hired because of my resume which the gm really loved. And was hired on the spot did was drug test and waiting for background check to begin.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I haven't actually got my pay rate but i believe its $12.00 and you get a raise every so ofter. Im not quiet sure those i just saw a post say 12.00 and assumed this i believe everyone started at 10-11.