Costco Wholesale

2.6

Membership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Apply on-line with all relevant background, experience, and honest answers to battery of questions. If you're lucky, you'll get a prompt call back if positions are available (August/September best to apply for "seasonal" hiring which starts early October.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult however, know as much as you can about the company, it's values, it's successes, Mission Statement, goals for the future, challenges and how you can be an immediate contributor.   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online and waited two weeks. then called the following two Mondays. Both times I left my name and number with whoever answered the phone. A hour or so after I called the second time I received a call for an interview for the position of bakery wrapper for that Wednesday. When I got there a guy at the door told me to sit in the food court near a coffee machine that wasn't there. Lol. After waiting 20 mins I asked a worker if I was sitting in the right area. They told me I was and that the assistant gm was pretty busy. Anywho when she finally came she took me to a small room and I was interviewed by two women one wrote down my answers the other asked the questions off a sheet (this counted as 2 interviews). They asked situational questions about working in a team or disagreements with previous coworkers and how to handle it etc. Afterward one of them told me that she had to give my answers to her boss and that her people would call my people type thing. So at that point I thought I didn't get the job.

So I walked outside to wait for my ride. Moments later the lady that interviewed me told me he boss wanted to interview me because they thought I answered the questions so well. She only asked me two questions : tell me about yourself and whats your availability. Then she said I would need to take a drug test on site and to come back later for that and if I tested negative that they would then do a background check. Monday they called to offer me a position and told me how much I'd make hourly. I accepted and then came in Wednesday for paid 4 hr orientation and I started work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational. Name a time when you had to work in a team. Etc   Answer Question
    No negation the starting rate was great so there was no need

Membership and Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was called in by the assistant store manager. He and another manager interviewed me for the position. I then got a call from anothe manager asking me to come in (department I got hired in) after they sent me to do a drug test. They had me come Ina third time to offer me the position (final interview is with the store manager)
    Perks: you can wear jeans!

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate wage. Everyone starts at a specific wage. The more hours you work, the higher you get paid. For example: you get paid 12.50 for the first 1200 hours that you work, after that, you get a 25 cent raise. Then it keeps going up until you top out

Food Court Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied online and got a response the next day. I was asked what hours I was available. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview was basic questions like "How did I handle a workplace disagreement?". After that interview they called and scheduled a second interview with the district manager. After that interview I had to take a drug test immediately and fill out paper work for a background chech. Got called the next week for the job.

No negotiation.

I Interviewed for Seasonal Interview

I was called for an interview, went in spoke with 2 managers they asked a few questions like, how did you prepare for this interview? once i was finished they told me that they would get back to me in a week. I was called the next day for a second interview with the store manager, went in for that interview he repeated again that it was only seasonal and did a drug test they submitted background check. Got called 5 days later for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, what do you have to offer for costco?   View Answer
    No negotiation. .

Any Interview

interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2014.

received call to come in and interview, for some reason I was 1st able to ask what hours they were hiring for and I could not take it at the time. sorry this won't help much. the interviewers were kind and thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions

I couldn't do the hours they needed.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

The hiring managers were great process took quite a while but worthy. The process consisted of three interviews with various managers which all asked questions regarding customers service therefore everything flowed well.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an angry customer ?   View Answer

Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

I applied online and called the next day to inquire about open positions. I was told to call back the following Monday and speak to the front end manager. I did so and he asked me to come in that day for an interview. The interview took about 20 minutes. Typical customer service interview questions, nothing unusual. If you have previous customer service or retail experience, you shouldn't have any problems with the interview process. The front end manager that interviewed me said he would offer me the job right there but he thought the merchandising/stocking manager might like to speak with me as my most recent experience was with support in a retail setting. He said if I don't hear from her in a week to give him a call back and he'd make me an offer. Overall a good interview experience!

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you needed to work with a sense of urgency and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to change your shift or schedule at the last minute and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Nothing negotiated yet. Waiting to hear from the merchandising/stocking manager before the front end manager makes me an official offer. But I was told I'd definitely have a position within the store.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online, had an interview within a couple of weeks. Individual interview with two managers, after that, an interview with senior management (Store or assistant store manager) background/drug test and then an offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't know about salary negotiation at time of interview (young and inexperienced).

Starting Costco Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

So far I've gotten my phone screening to see if I pass initial criteria for the job. It was pretty straightforward. Since I was going on vacation the first time they called they told me to call them back when I got home. I did and we set up for the formal interview.