Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Anchorage, AK) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process lasted about 2 hours with 3 different managers interviewing me. They were all very personable and friendly which made things much less intimidating. They also REALLY liked the fact that I was in the military and even mentioned it being a large reason for choosing me. The interviewers asked basic questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, prior employment history, why Costco, etc. Overall it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Biggest strength?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Costco over other retailers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Albany, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online They called for an interview on a saturday and asked if I could come in an hour later. I did and they asked at least 20 questions. Character questions and what would you do if... questions. It was two front end managers and they were very nice. Got a call back a few days later for a second interview with one of the asst. managers. From the time I sat down in his office I could tell he did not like me. His demeanor made me nervous and uncomfortable. He implied that I was over qualified, letting me know that I had a lot of schooling and a lot of technical experience. Neither was true, I don't even have an AA degree and not much technical employment. He also seemed concerned that I had previous managerial experience, asking if I would have a problem taking orders from others. He let me know that if I was not chosen I would receive an email. That's when I knew for sure that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The assistant manager asked how I would handle a disagreement with a co-worker.   2 Answers

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Maple Grove, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a day later got a call to come in for the interview. The interview was with the manager and a supervisor in the food court. They asked about 10 questions about, and they were all behavioral questions. The next day I got called to come in for a second interview, this interview was even easier than the first one. The second interview was with a different supervisor, it was basically just to meet me and get to know me. After that they make you go and take a drug test, once you pass the drug test you can begin training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wish you would've handled a situation differently.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a person you are working with that is lazy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Information Systems: Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Internal Application: After applying online at Costco IS Jobs, I got a call back within 3 days to Setup a Phone Interview. After a day I got a call back to have an in person interview 5 days after the phone interview. The in person interview consisted of search query abilities (how to find certain keywords). How fast to type with correct grammar and spelling. Directions on how to create something. 2 Behavioural Questions on handling certain situations. Because of my current employment with Costco I cannot post the direct question. 2 questions on why I want to be at Costco Information Systems

Interview Questions

• How to create something? (proper format)   1 Answer

Costco Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the following week. Interview was in the warehouse and consisted of a few customer service questions and any experience related to job. The final decision on the position was made the following day and was working the next week. Easy interview...just demonstrate your ability to work as a team and give your best effort.

Costco Wholesale Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Spokane, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

A general manager and a marketing assistant came on to my college campus and interviewed me for the position. It took about an hour but was very laid back and comfortable. I talked for a lot of the time about my experiences. They gave a significant amount of time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and got a call within a week to come in for an interview. The first interview consisted of 2 managers who asked more behavior questions. If the interview goes well, you will then be instructed to take a drug test at lab. Once you pass your drug test you will then be called in for a second interview with the hiring manager who really just goes over your first interview report.

Operations Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

This interview was short and to the point. I met with the manager, director, and supervisor of this position and they were quite serious but friendly. The interview lasted nearly an hour and I was examined for my excel skills, communication skills, and ability to perform under pressure. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What changes or potential growth opportunities could I provide for their department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Salem, OR).

Interview

I had 2 employees and 1 trainee interview me. we sat down in a back room and they briefly told me about the interview process, then one asked questions while the other wrote down my answers. After the interview they said we got more interviews to take and we will contact you by the end of the week about your status.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved it? Why do you want to work for Costco? Tell us about a mistake you made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Azusa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions about situational things that could potentially go on during the day through the store. One of the draw backs is that they do make you stay later than your scheduled hours. Overall, the people interviewing me were very friendly but slightly intimidating. Come prepared and dress appropriately! One woman came in wearing flip-flops and a sweatshirt to an interview. I was very soon after my interview hired, and loved my time there.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay until 2am if needed? Those hours of the night are very much needed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be open to anything. You must be willing to make Costco your life.