Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

2.6

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

You basically have to know someone that works at the store your applying. If you don't I suggest conversing with an employee. Thats how I got my interview! Interview would have been difficult if I had not prepared properly. Scroll through these reviews and write down every question asked and have a solid answer for each one. This way you know what to say without hesitation. They want concrete examples from past experiences not what would you do scenario. They want long term employees so answer each question as if Costco is the only job you ever want any other answer eluding temporary or no career plan is not going to get you the second interview. I had two interviews. First with two assistant managers the last one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    None everyone starts pay and front end job.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

The hiring process was brief two different interviewers, nothing really in depth felt more like a conversation with a friend instead of a job interview. The application was more of a survey and it was lengthy. Lots of random questions most of which were the same question asked in 3 different ways.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflicts or disagreements in the work place?   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

The store manager called for an interview from an application i submitted online. I interviewed with the store manager and the pharmacy manager. They grilled me on a lot of situation questions, what would i do, what did i do etc

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle making a mistake and what did you do to fix it?   View Answers (2)

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Basic interviews with situational questions, swab drug test on the spot, and a background check. 3 Interviews with different managers, mine were all in a row on one day, although I was told normally thry split them up over a few days.

No pay negotiations

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

Typically 3 stage interview process, with the first 2 performed one after the other with any manager, and the 3rd interview performed by assistant GM or higher. Normal behavior questions seen at original hiring interview.

Front End Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Original interview was about 20 minutes. It was a new store, so it was done in a large room with other people being interviewed as well. Basically introductory questions about times, abilities, interests, and things like that.

After being called back for a second interview, there were more questions about what you would do in certain scenarios, as well as explaining past experiences in relation to the position. Also had to drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Asking to give them personal situations were I had shown leadership through struggling times. I was 17 and had no prior job, so I didn't come up with a great answer in my opinion, but some people would have an easy answer to that question.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Went in, asked for manager, told me to wait on a red bench. Afterwords, I was told to fill out an availability sheet and read over the job description and sign the paper. After looking at my availability, the manager said that he forgot to ask on the phone when he called before the interview for my availability. I couldn't work the times he was looking for and that was the end. Make sure if they call you they ask for your availability.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied on Costco.com. 1st interview with 2 managers, 2nd interview with 1 manager. Both were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Research the company's history before your interview. This was very helpful for me during my interviews. They have a set list of questions to ask. A lot of, tell me a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker type questions.   Answer Question
    No pay negotiations, but they pay really well for retail. I was asked to choose what department I wanted to work in as they had openings in a few.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

I applied online. Got the call a couple weeks later to go in, my first interview was with two workers.. basic questions.. why work here, do you know about company, tell me if you were in this situation, what motivates you. 3 days later i got called for an 3rd interview with GM, asked about experience, and if i knew about company.. mostly to see what position they are going to put me in

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Tell me about a time you had a misunderstanding with co-worker?   View Answer
    Show you want to further your career with costco, like you want advancement opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

I applied online for any position and received a call a few days later. I was referred by a couple of employees. I entered the interview with a cold and fever, which made me feel even more nervous and I was not able to think clearly when answering questions. Two managers constructed the interview. The hiring manager was super nice and was pleasurable to speak with. The questions concerned my work experience, customer service, and how I have acted in certain situations.

Specific situation questions that I remember are: "Describe a time in which you had to suddenly show a sense of urgency at work?" "Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem with an associate through communication?" "How do you deal with angry customers?"

One thing that was strange about the interview was that the second manager in the room would not look at me. I was attempting to keep eye contact with both of them throughout the interview, but the second manager was staring at the floor with his hand rested underneath his chin, and he did not speak until I was leaving. Since I was sick I did not appear healthy and energetic.

It wasn't horrible on my end, I just could have provided better answers that expressed my strong desire to work for the company. After my interview the hiring manager told me to check my email for confirmation. When he said that I knew that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. Opening questioning was most unexpected, "What would you be doing if you weren't here right now?"   Answer Question