Costco Wholesale Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
284 interviews

2.6

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I interviewed at one location and another employee from my company interviewed too. He got the job, but I was invited to interview for a different location. My old boss worked for Costco by then, so I was barely interviewed because my old boss knew my work ethic and experience. They really only asked me if I would be willing to relocate, which was fine with me.
    I asked to be able to give two weeks notice at my current job, but was told I was needed immediately. I quit that day, and started at Costco the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be willing to leave your current job with no notice?   View Answer
    There was negotiation to determine if I would be an assistant or a clerk.
    It was decided that I would be an assistant and make 50 cents over the highest paid person in the department.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Set up interview through staffing agency and was early for my interview. Waited a while until my 2 interviewers showed up a few minutes after my interview appointment time. Interview went great but they didn't decide to hire me

Merchandiser Interview

They receive many applications, in order for your application to be followed up on I recommend contacting them a week after your submission explaining your interest and if they had a time scheduled for your interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult, behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when......... How do you handle.........   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morganville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morganville, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Process consisted of 3 interviews. one with a supervisor, then department manager, then store team leader

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if i had any management or school experience   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Laid back culture that values good employees so their interview process can be long for a retail position. They are trying to gage if you have the spunk of personality, physical ability to do the job and resilience to working in retail

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer where the "customer is always right" attitude does not apply   View Answer
    Be upfront about what days you can work they will reference that when they need changes in schedules so don't say you can work Fridays if in a month you will not be able to

Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2012.

Apply online then I suggest coming into desired location and introducing yourself to management. Once your application is pulled you will be subjected to 3 interviews and a drug test. If you successfully pass each interview and drug test then you will be offered a part time/entry level position. Cashier assistant or cart crew usually, however there are occasionally other needs.

Interview Questions
    • During the interviews the managers are looking for bright, driven individuals that understand that since they are being paid better than their competitors they are expected to work harder. Member service is the highest of concerns even though it is still a warehouse atmosphere.   Answer Question
    There is no wage negotiating.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2012.

Called me in for an initial face to face interview then called me in for a second interview to offer my the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was offered terms and I accepted.

SAP BW Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2014.

Initial communication was with an external agent recruiter, super decent person. Tech people from Costco interview me and there were 4 persons. One of them, from India, was very RUDE. I know people from India are very talented, but please train them on courtesy manners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Applied online and went in person to see the hiring manager. I kept checking back with the hiring manager every 2-3 weeks. Be persistent. Keep bugging them and show them you are interested. I gave one of the hiring manager's my resume, and about a few days later I received a call for an interview the following saturday. The interview was conducted in a little room right next to the break room. One of the assistant manager's was in there along with a supervisor and they asked very basic questions like "have you had a job before?" "What is customer service to you?" and a couple scenario questions like "Suppose you had to run back to get an item and a few members stopped you to asked for an item's location. How would you handle that?" After that interview was finished, I received a call about a week later or so for another interview, this time with the warehouse manager. When I met with him, this was in his office. He was really cool and he welcomed me into his office and asked me calmly why I wanted to work there. "Why Costco? What drew you to here as opposed to some other place." I told him that I am very ethics focused--in school I studied philosophy and my area of interest was ethics--and I told him that I liked the fact that Costco was focused on ethics and treating its members and workers properly. After that he asked me some other basic questions like if I had another job, what other experience I have, where I went to school, etc. He was very easy to talk to. He offered me the job right at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • One question that threw me off guard was: Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Very basic questions including your typical strength/weakness question.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was probably the one on how you multitask and its challenges.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process. However, everyone starts at 11.50 USD/hour which is probably best in the industry.