Costco Wholesale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2013.

Interview Details – Long process, takes many weeks, lots of paperwork, several interviews. The entire process took about 3 weeks and I had to follow up many times. The paperwork was lengthy and seemed like I had to answer the same questions over and over again.

Interview Question – None, all the questions were standard behavior questions.   Answer Question

ServiceNow Developer Interview

ServiceNow Developer
Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, senior management interview, and panel interview, but each team may be different. No obvious standards as to questions they ask or format of the interview. Too many people packed into a miniscule room to do the panel questioning. Meeting rooms are bare bones as you might expect. Good sample of the over-crowding and lackluster facilities, but not unexpected...it IS Costco.

Interview Question – None - Pretty standard stuff   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed...take it or leave it.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Issaquah, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very lengthy, almost to the point of ridiculousness. Costco is very behind in the IT space and so are their hiring processess.

Interview Question – Typical   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Information Security Analyst
Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Received initial call from HR recruiter for position that they thought I would be suited for. She was wonderful, she explained everything, very personable and a pleasure to work with. Next was an interview with the hiring manager and team over the phone. This was also a pleasure and no pressure. Simple basic questions regarding past positions technology worked with and skills obtained (technical) . Next was my basic approach to security (team player). I was then called back for an onsite interview which lasted many hours. First I met HR at their location and was given a oral swab drug test before the interview and tax exemption interview. I was then sent to the location of the team for an on-site interview. 3 or 4 different teams came in to interview me. The teams were very nice and considerate as well as very friendly.

Interview Question – Most programmers and security personnel leave a back door or something open for future. If you had to choose one company or job that "if you suddenly turned evil" you would go back to and use that knowledge for profit or gain. Where would it be and what would you do?   View Answer

Member Services Interview

Member Services
Issaquah, WA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Interview Details – Complete online application for specific warehouse. Follow up with warehouse personnel/hiring person by telephone. Best times to apply are end of March/April, August, and October. Be willing to do anything in the warehouse, and able to do physical work - lifting, squatting, kneeling, etc.

All interviews are standardized. Two people conduct them. One person asks the questions, the other records the answers. They may decide to ask a second set of questions, in which case they will switch roles. If asked back for a third interview, it is the same format.

Interview Question – Be upbeat and positive. Keep answers brief. Member service oriented and good interactions with other employees. Examples of conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everybody starts at the same rate of pay and has a 90-day probationary period. Raises are based on the number of hours worked so some employees receive raises more quickly simply because they work more hours consistently. Seasonal employees are almost always laid off. Regular part-time employees are the first to be hired back after layoffs (based on seniority), then selected seasonal employees. Again, be willing to work in any department.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Business Process Analyst
Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2011.

Interview Details – Some areas of this company have their act together, others not so much. I interviewed for a couple of different positions and I could definitely tell a difference in the professionalism between the hiring managers (I took the job with the better one).

Interview Question – I was asked about some technologies that I was unfamiliar with. On the other hand, they didn't ask me anything about what I thought they might ask me about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Costco isn't too keen on negotiating. Some are able to get more/different out of them, I did not try.

Very Easy Interview

Data Related Position Interview

Data Related Position
Issaquah, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submit application online, got contacted by a recruiter, asked to fill out a pre-screen form about my skills and experiences, followed by phone and in-person interview.

They seem not having people onboard with the knowledge and experiences my position requires. I felt the interview questions as copy and paste from some textbooks.

Interview Question – None, they were all very basic   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Issaquah, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hireing process was fairly standard. I failed because I was working extremely hard at the job that I had at the time. So at my first interview (which was in person), these two managers play good cop bad cop. I didn't really pick up on it at the time. But having prepared for what I thought would be a very professional interview, i was very put off when one of the managers intensionally insinuated that I might enjoy slacking off at work RIGHT AFTER I just got done saying that I really enjoy fast pased hard, chalenging work. I reassured him in a professional way that i DID enjoy working hard, to which he only rephrased his original jab. I became very candid and told him that that was not what i had just said, and that i very much enjoyed my work. needless to say it was a short interview. expect to be messed with a little. i now do much work with costco, and they are all awesome people. i'm sure other reviews can offer more insight into what you should do.

Interview Question – Good cop Bad cop approach.   View Answer

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Issaquah, WA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2009.

Interview Details – They are typically slow with hiring people. Initially a phone interview, typical interview questions (personality and background). Then a few group/panel interviews. This was over the course of 2-3 weeks. Then was offered the job after about a months time from first interview.

Interview Questions

• nothing really.. talked about past work experience, why i'm interest in position and company, 5 characteristics that describe myself, scenario questions - a time you had to solve a tough problem or how to deal with someone who is difficult, typical interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, simply accepted what was offered.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale interview questions and advice in Issaquah, WA. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees and interview candidates.