Costco Wholesale

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

1. Apply on Taleo's website.
    2. Wait for recruiters to contact you, or else toss your resume in the digital bit bucket in the sky.
    3. Fill out an email self-appraisal of your skills that are pertinent to the job.
    4. Phone screen with hiring manager and one or more SMEs.
    5. In-person interview (or find out that you won't be getting an on-site interview).
    6. Get hired (or not)

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is a strength that would help you stand out from the rest of your team? What have you done to cultivate that strength?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2013.

Long process, takes many weeks, lots of paperwork, several interviews. The entire process took about 3 weeks and I had to follow up many times. The paperwork was lengthy and seemed like I had to answer the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were standard behavior questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2013.

Very lengthy, almost to the point of ridiculousness. Costco is very behind in the IT space and so are their hiring processess.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Received initial call from HR recruiter for position that they thought I would be suited for. She was wonderful, she explained everything, very personable and a pleasure to work with. Next was an interview with the hiring manager and team over the phone. This was also a pleasure and no pressure. Simple basic questions regarding past positions technology worked with and skills obtained (technical) . Next was my basic approach to security (team player). I was then called back for an onsite interview which lasted many hours. First I met HR at their location and was given a oral swab drug test before the interview and tax exemption interview. I was then sent to the location of the team for an on-site interview. 3 or 4 different teams came in to interview me. The teams were very nice and considerate as well as very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Most programmers and security personnel leave a back door or something open for future. If you had to choose one company or job that "if you suddenly turned evil" you would go back to and use that knowledge for profit or gain. Where would it be and what would you do?   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2012.

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

ServiceNow Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2012.

Phone interview, senior management interview, and panel interview, but each team may be different. No obvious standards as to questions they ask or format of the interview. Too many people packed into a miniscule room to do the panel questioning. Meeting rooms are bare bones as you might expect. Good sample of the over-crowding and lackluster facilities, but not unexpected...it IS Costco.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation allowed...take it or leave it.

Data Related Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2012.

Submit application online, got contacted by a recruiter, asked to fill out a pre-screen form about my skills and experiences, followed by phone and in-person interview.

They seem not having people onboard with the knowledge and experiences my position requires. I felt the interview questions as copy and paste from some textbooks.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2011.

Some areas of this company have their act together, others not so much. I interviewed for a couple of different positions and I could definitely tell a difference in the professionalism between the hiring managers (I took the job with the better one).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about some technologies that I was unfamiliar with. On the other hand, they didn't ask me anything about what I thought they might ask me about.   Answer Question
    Costco isn't too keen on negotiating. Some are able to get more/different out of them, I did not try.

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Complete online application for specific warehouse. Follow up with warehouse personnel/hiring person by telephone. Best times to apply are end of March/April, August, and October. Be willing to do anything in the warehouse, and able to do physical work - lifting, squatting, kneeling, etc.

All interviews are standardized. Two people conduct them. One person asks the questions, the other records the answers. They may decide to ask a second set of questions, in which case they will switch roles. If asked back for a third interview, it is the same format.

Interview Questions
    • Be upbeat and positive. Keep answers brief. Member service oriented and good interactions with other employees. Examples of conflict resolution.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everybody starts at the same rate of pay and has a 90-day probationary period. Raises are based on the number of hours worked so some employees receive raises more quickly simply because they work more hours consistently. Seasonal employees are almost always laid off. Regular part-time employees are the first to be hired back after layoffs (based on seniority), then selected seasonal employees. Again, be willing to work in any department.