Costco Wholesale Interview Questions in Issaquah, WA

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.9

Merchandise Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2015.

A forty minute interview, followed by a Microsoft Excel and Ten-key test. It was a fairly basic interview. They often asked for real-life examples. Make sure to prior to the interview, prepare a number of real-life examples. (Ex: When is an example of how you face conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it).

I S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

1. Apply on Taleo's website.
    2. Wait for recruiters to contact you, or else toss your resume in the digital bit bucket in the sky.
    3. Fill out an email self-appraisal of your skills that are pertinent to the job.
    4. Phone screen with hiring manager and one or more SMEs.
    5. In-person interview (or find out that you won't be getting an on-site interview).
    6. Get hired (or not)

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is a strength that would help you stand out from the rest of your team? What have you done to cultivate that strength?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Interview process was pretty informal, as I was recommended from another university. I was basically asked enough questions for them to figure out I knew what I was talking about. Afterwards, we talked about what kind of projects they'd like to see, and what I think would work best for their goals.

The hiring process was also fairly straightforward. Costco has a handful of different buildings, so I got confused and ended up at the wrong one when I needed to go in for hiring paperwork - they were very helpful and kind when instructing me where to go. They do have a pretty strict drug test, although I'm not sure if they had a problem with smoking weed at home, as long as it didn't come into work, I think they did.

Finally, about Costco itself: Everyone is very friendly and cordial to each other. I was greeted in the hallways quite frequently, by people I had little or no recollection of. There's always pleasant small talk to be had while waiting for a shuttle or in the break room.

There seemed to be a lot of unwritten rules? My manager kept me on a pretty short leash as far as talking to other people went, but that could just be my personal experience.

The dress code is too stuffy for me, though. It's definitely "business", not "business casual".

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was figuring out a project that would suit Costco's needs, mostly because it was hard to figure out what they wanted. I do think I eventually figured something out that worked, though.   Answer Question
    As an intern, I didn't really feel like I was in a position to negotiate. But I did feel like I got a reasonable deal out of it, especially for an internship position (paid a reasonable amount, $12/hour).

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2013.

Long process, takes many weeks, lots of paperwork, several interviews. The entire process took about 3 weeks and I had to follow up many times. The paperwork was lengthy and seemed like I had to answer the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were standard behavior questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2013.

Very lengthy, almost to the point of ridiculousness. Costco is very behind in the IT space and so are their hiring processess.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Received initial call from HR recruiter for position that they thought I would be suited for. She was wonderful, she explained everything, very personable and a pleasure to work with. Next was an interview with the hiring manager and team over the phone. This was also a pleasure and no pressure. Simple basic questions regarding past positions technology worked with and skills obtained (technical) . Next was my basic approach to security (team player). I was then called back for an onsite interview which lasted many hours. First I met HR at their location and was given a oral swab drug test before the interview and tax exemption interview. I was then sent to the location of the team for an on-site interview. 3 or 4 different teams came in to interview me. The teams were very nice and considerate as well as very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Most programmers and security personnel leave a back door or something open for future. If you had to choose one company or job that "if you suddenly turned evil" you would go back to and use that knowledge for profit or gain. Where would it be and what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2012.

A grueling two stage interview with accounting and personal scrutiny. Work through strengths and weaknesses showing reliance on the strengths and gradual improvement on the weakness. Know standard accounting situations, ie debit or credit accounts and basic accounting issues.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of your best and worst co-workers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

ServiceNow Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2012.

Phone interview, senior management interview, and panel interview, but each team may be different. No obvious standards as to questions they ask or format of the interview. Too many people packed into a miniscule room to do the panel questioning. Meeting rooms are bare bones as you might expect. Good sample of the over-crowding and lackluster facilities, but not unexpected...it IS Costco.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation allowed...take it or leave it.

Data Related Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2012.

Submit application online, got contacted by a recruiter, asked to fill out a pre-screen form about my skills and experiences, followed by phone and in-person interview.

They seem not having people onboard with the knowledge and experiences my position requires. I felt the interview questions as copy and paste from some textbooks.