Costco Wholesale Interview Questions in Issaquah, WA

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.9

Financial Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The first round interview is with the department supervisors, the second round is with the managers, and the third round is usually with the director(s). The interview questions are standardized for most positions that are similar in nature. Most are behavioral-based questions. They may ask you some basic accounting questions at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time that you solved a difficult accounting issues and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Frond End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I have been in US for almost 16 months. In my country we don't have Costco. So Costco is a completely new company to me. People speak highly about it., they often say Costco provides excellent benefits to their employees. I have been trying to find a job for more than half year. But you know, it's not that easy to a new immigrant whose native language is not english. Fortunately, there is a Costco near by my home. I have heard people say that if you want to work for retail or wholesales, Costco would be the NO.1 choice. I have tried to apply for a job from their website for almost 10 times, but nothing happened. No phone call. I asked other people, they said if you really want to work at there. You had better just walk in to their warehouse and talk to their manager. One day, I decided to try. I knew who the boss is in that store, I found a chance to talk to him. He asked me to talk to their HR manager of this warehouse. I brought my resume and I was lucky to find him on that day. He was interviewing someone else, he asked me to wait for awhile before he interviews me. I was a bit surprised about that. Because I didn't prepare for an interview, I thought I would just give him my resume, and if I am lucky I would hear something from them in the future. But he arranged an interview right away. Our interview happened in a computer servers room. No window and noisy. HR manager and his assistant asked me about 10 questions based on a list, and that assistant wrote down my answers on the list. The manager was busy, so he had to leave for a while sometimes. But at the end of the interview he was sitting on the chair to listen to me. He was happy about my answers and said he is glad that I came to an interview today. I was very happy too. I am glad that I was appreciated by someone else. I thought it was done after he asked me to sign on their opening position paper of food court. But he said I will have another interview with food court manager. He was a serious man and asked me some questions. But he had his concerns which were I had no food operating experience. Of course I cook at home, but that is not counted. After the interview with him, I was not that confident. He said he needs to talk with HR manager. After a few minutes, they both came into that office and told me that the plan was changed. I would no longer work at food court, but front end instead. Then they provided me a drug test and processes a background check of me. And now I will stat my work soon. Overall, they are all nice persons but also strict about picking up the ideal candidates. I didn't feel nervous at the first interview, the second one was a bit. Anyway, if you really want to work at Costco, just walk in to talk, at least leave an impression to them. You will be successful if you are a persistent person.

Interview Questions

• Most of them were behavior questions, like if your team member made a mistake, what would you do? If you made a mistake, what would you do? and how to fix it? How did you deal with an unsatisfied customer? What is your biggest weakness? What would you do if you are a new one in the team without hands on experience?   Answer Question

Information Systems: Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Internal Application: After applying online at Costco IS Jobs, I got a call back within 3 days to Setup a Phone Interview. After a day I got a call back to have an in person interview 5 days after the phone interview. The in person interview consisted of search query abilities (how to find certain keywords). How fast to type with correct grammar and spelling. Directions on how to create something. 2 Behavioural Questions on handling certain situations. Because of my current employment with Costco I cannot post the direct question. 2 questions on why I want to be at Costco Information Systems

Interview Questions

• How to create something? (proper format)   1 Answer

Operations Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

This interview was short and to the point. I met with the manager, director, and supervisor of this position and they were quite serious but friendly. The interview lasted nearly an hour and I was examined for my excel skills, communication skills, and ability to perform under pressure. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What changes or potential growth opportunities could I provide for their department.   Answer Question

Customs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two current employees interviewed me with a pre set list of questions which ranged from skill set to experience. There was also a short written test that included finding errors in a pre filled out form and asking a vendor for corrections on documentation. The environment was calm and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your past experience.   1 Answer

Merchandise Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

A forty minute interview, followed by a Microsoft Excel and Ten-key test. It was a fairly basic interview. They often asked for real-life examples. Make sure to prior to the interview, prepare a number of real-life examples. (Ex: When is an example of how you face conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it).

I S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

1. Apply on Taleo's website. 2. Wait for recruiters to contact you, or else toss your resume in the digital bit bucket in the sky. 3. Fill out an email self-appraisal of your skills that are pertinent to the job. 4. Phone screen with hiring manager and one or more SMEs. 5. In-person interview (or find out that you won't be getting an on-site interview). 6. Get hired (or not)

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is a strength that would help you stand out from the rest of your team? What have you done to cultivate that strength?   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 2 interviewer in a small room more like a closet. Sat down in front of the 2 interviewers in a folded chair. After about 20 minutes of questioning I was told I was hired and see the manager for a drug test. It was pretty simple and quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with your manager and how you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiating, the wage was $11.50/hour but Sundays are time and a half.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty informal, as I was recommended from another university. I was basically asked enough questions for them to figure out I knew what I was talking about. Afterwards, we talked about what kind of projects they'd like to see, and what I think would work best for their goals. The hiring process was also fairly straightforward. Costco has a handful of different buildings, so I got confused and ended up at the wrong one when I needed to go in for hiring paperwork - they were very helpful and kind when instructing me where to go. They do have a pretty strict drug test, although I'm not sure if they had a problem with smoking weed at home, as long as it didn't come into work, I think they did. Finally, about Costco itself: Everyone is very friendly and cordial to each other. I was greeted in the hallways quite frequently, by people I had little or no recollection of. There's always pleasant small talk to be had while waiting for a shuttle or in the break room. There seemed to be a lot of unwritten rules? My manager kept me on a pretty short leash as far as talking to other people went, but that could just be my personal experience. The dress code is too stuffy for me, though. It's definitely "business", not "business casual".

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was figuring out a project that would suit Costco's needs, mostly because it was hard to figure out what they wanted. I do think I eventually figured something out that worked, though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, I didn't really feel like I was in a position to negotiate. But I did feel like I got a reasonable deal out of it, especially for an internship position (paid a reasonable amount, $12/hour).

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested. From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers. The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.