Costco Wholesale

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

The hiring managers were great process took quite a while but worthy. The process consisted of three interviews with various managers which all asked questions regarding customers service therefore everything flowed well.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle an angry customer ?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

There were 2 interviews, the first of which I was interviewed by two people. Both of whom were genuine and straight forward. They asked questions about past experiences in retail sales, which I have none and was honest about. They also asked questions to get a sense of how well I deal with interpersonal situations, both positive and negative. The asked for details on my work history and even had a copy of my resume, which was weird to me because it's a stocker job. This made me think they're serious about employee vetting, no matter how large or small the position.

The second interview was with who I assume is the manager of the entire store. She was very direct. Her questions were designed more so to show my own personal work ethic. I answered honestly and openly. She asked how I prepared for the interview. it was not as long as the first and at the end she offered me the job. I passed my drug screen and am now waiting for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest the first interview came sort of unexpectedly and I was completely unprepared. Every question was difficult because I had to choose and recall details of past experiences on the spot. I was just honest and as professional, didn't try to inflate or boast which I fell they sensed which I why I was given the second interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

It was really fast. Interviewers were very nice and kind. They really liked what I had to say to them to make the process smoother. I hope I get this job!!

Merchandiser Interview

They receive many applications, in order for your application to be followed up on I recommend contacting them a week after your submission explaining your interest and if they had a time scheduled for your interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult, behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when......... How do you handle.........   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

You go through 3 sets of interviews with two managers each time usually.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about your pervious experience and times when you have had to work with difficult fellow employees and what you did in those situations.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was only about start date and specific availability if still in school.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2012.

Three wave interview process. First is with a junior level manager, second is a floor manager, and third is a GM, or warehouse/assistant-warehouse manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are basic. work ethic, ability to help members. just be well grounded and willing to do whatever you need to help both members and the staff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2011.

I had two interviews back-to-back on the same day. One with the department supervisor and the other with an assistant store manager. Interview questions were predictable and straightforward. No preparation was needed.

Interview Questions
    • The Assistant Store Manager strictly asked questions using the STAR method.   Answer Question
    Everyone starts out at a rate of $10 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2011.

I applied in April and got a call 3 weeks later
    the interview itself is standard questions. It is kind of difficult to answer sometimes They have a standard set of questions they ask everyone. You will not always get a call if you apply. The interview is not super formal, wear some nice clothes, not over the top though.

Interview Questions
    • I always thought the, tell me about yourself, is a hard question haha   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2010.

There is no special hiring process. They interview and if they like you you're hired! They're usually just trying to get some bodies in there. Costco's are very busy. Everyone of them.

N negotiation phase.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

First interview is with the pm merch manager they pretty much just ask questions off a paper super easy situational questions. Second interview some are done over the phone mine was in person with the merch department manager same deal they had interview questions on a paper more focused on how you can be an asset to the company.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about how you can take some skill or experience from your previous work history to help be an asset to Costco   View Answer