Costco Wholesale

Very Easy Interview

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising
Ocean, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is no special hiring process. They interview and if they like you you're hired! They're usually just trying to get some bodies in there. Costco's are very busy. Everyone of them.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N negotiation phase.

Coon Rapids, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in April and got a call 3 weeks later
the interview itself is standard questions. It is kind of difficult to answer sometimes They have a standard set of questions they ask everyone. You will not always get a call if you apply. The interview is not super formal, wear some nice clothes, not over the top though.

Interview Question – I always thought the, tell me about yourself, is a hard question haha   Answer Question

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details – They receive many applications, in order for your application to be followed up on I recommend contacting them a week after your submission explaining your interest and if they had a time scheduled for your interview.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when......... How do you handle.........   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews back-to-back on the same day. One with the department supervisor and the other with an assistant store manager. Interview questions were predictable and straightforward. No preparation was needed.

Interview Question – The Assistant Store Manager strictly asked questions using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out at a rate of $10 per hour

Wyoming, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – You go through 3 sets of interviews with two managers each time usually.

Interview Question – They will ask you about your pervious experience and times when you have had to work with difficult fellow employees and what you did in those situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was only about start date and specific availability if still in school.

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in February 2012.

Interview Details – Three wave interview process. First is with a junior level manager, second is a floor manager, and third is a GM, or warehouse/assistant-warehouse manager.

Interview Question – All the questions are basic. work ethic, ability to help members. just be well grounded and willing to do whatever you need to help both members and the staff.   Answer Question

Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – First interview is with the pm merch manager they pretty much just ask questions off a paper super easy situational questions. Second interview some are done over the phone mine was in person with the merch department manager same deal they had interview questions on a paper more focused on how you can be an asset to the company.

Interview Question – They ask about how you can take some skill or experience from your previous work history to help be an asset to Costco   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2009.

Interview Details – We met in the relaxed resto (cafeteria) area and was asked if i was ok with certain job aspects that was required. Talked about the hours and answered a few simple math questions.

Interview Question – It was unexpected when they asked if i could carry 50 lbs. It is a minimum requirement to be able to carry that weight for a merchandising positions.   Answer Question

Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in store by filling out an application form and attaching a resume I had brought with me. I was told they had just finished a round of hiring so it was going to be at least a couple months until I heard from them. True to their word, I heard back about 3 months later and was contacted for an interview (at 6am!). The interview was conducted by one HR representative and one of the morning floor managers. All the questions were pretty standard (what was a difficulty I previously encountered at work, what would I do if there were two important tasks that I knew I couldnt complete on time, etc.) After the interview they called me for an orientation (not specifying that I had got the job). I attended the orientation which involved watching safety videos and filling out quizzes and paperwork. Started working the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They were all basic, standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not applicable. They told me that I was hired and that I was getting paid the base wage. Take it or leave it.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!