Costco Wholesale Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2015

2.2

Stocker Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online. Application took about 20 minutes. It has been two weeks and i have not heard back from costco about my application. They dont give a contact email so i have no way of getting in touch with them to ask about the status of my application. I am now looking elsewhere for employment.

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

Interview

It took about 1.5 weeks for them to contact me over the phone for the first interview. During the first interview, 2 managers asked me questions. One was in charge of writing down my answers and the other one was in charge of asking me questions. The latter asked me questions from a list of questions down a sheet of paper. After the 1st interview they called me back for the 2nd interview within the following day. During the 2nd interview, the manager of the warehouse interviewed me and asked me more simpler questions than the first 2 managers. The 2nd interview only took about 10 minutes while the 1st one took about 25-30 minutes. When I got done with my 2nd interview they made me sign a paper that request i do a drug test. They made me swap my cheeks. I passed and after that they said they'll call me back in for a background check and I should be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you didn't enjoy about your first job. Describe what you most enjoyed about your current job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Gig Harbor, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied every six months 3 times. This last time I applied was during their seasonal hiring period which is around Sept October. I was called in for an interview and was left waiting for an hour in the break room and had to go and find someone to remind them I was there. Which was fine, I wanted the job. There were 2 people interviewing me. One was supposed to listen and take notes as the other riddled off open ended questions like "Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with that?" It turned into them both asking questions about my other jobs and cracking jokes and laughing, it was great. At the end I was told that I wouldnt have to do the second interview because the first went so well. So for my final interview I had to talk to the Assistant warehouse manager. The interview went well and I was asked to work in the food court. It didnt work with my schedule so she suggested morning stocking shift. She said they would hire in another 4 weeks but I started orientation that week.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time you had a conflict with a fellow employee what happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me it would be seasonal and that I would lose my job on the first on January. And I would work for 11.50 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Van Nuys, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a Seasonal Stocker with no experience. I recently graduated high school. I got a call the next day saying I have an interview in a few days. At the day of interview I waited about 30 minutes until a manager called me into a room. I was interviewed by two females. At the beginning of the interview they found out that I can't work late nights because Monday through Thursday I have class so they couldn't hire me. I wish I would've been told earlier.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? (We did not get a chance to get to the more difficult questions.)   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Interview

Went in, asked for manager, told me to wait on a red bench. Afterwords, I was told to fill out an availability sheet and read over the job description and sign the paper. After looking at my availability, the manager said that he forgot to ask on the phone when he called before the interview for my availability. I couldn't work the times he was looking for and that was the end. Make sure if they call you they ask for your availability.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application and was called a day or two later. I scheduled an interview but was not given the correct location (I assumed it was a different location but failed to verify) - I arrived at the wrong warehouse and as a result, was 10-15 minutes late for my first interview.

I was interviewed by two women, one of whom asked all the interview questions. The other one looked disinterested and only took notes. The questions asked were your typical situational scripted interview questions. Needless to say, I was sent an email informing me that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions

• None really. I think they were looking for someone with more confidence. I was a little nervous so that may have hurt my chances.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was short and simple. Took all of 10 minutes. I sat in a room while a floor manager and another store manager asked me questions like what I thought customer service was and what qualifications I had that would put me ahead of all the other potential hires. They also asked me about school and what I do as a hobby on weekends.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me what my old boss would say is my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Filled an application on line, was contacted for an interview, met with 2 people who had about 15 questions, was asked to return to interview with the warehouse manager, was asked to do a drug test, started a week later. process took a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

What is goal you have? Tell me about a specific time you went out of your way to help a customer. Tell me about a specific time when you regretted saying something to a customer.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview

Basic interview with questions of past experience. Typical first interview is completed by a couple of supervisors, with second interview done with a manager. You will most likely have at least two interviews and a drug test via mouth swab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating for this type of position.