Costco Wholesale

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Interview Details – Went in, asked for manager, told me to wait on a red bench. Afterwords, I was told to fill out an availability sheet and read over the job description and sign the paper. After looking at my availability, the manager said that he forgot to ask on the phone when he called before the interview for my availability. I couldn't work the times he was looking for and that was the end. Make sure if they call you they ask for your availability.

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application and was called a day or two later. I scheduled an interview but was not given the correct location (I assumed it was a different location but failed to verify) - I arrived at the wrong warehouse and as a result, was 10-15 minutes late for my first interview.

I was interviewed by two women, one of whom asked all the interview questions. The other one looked disinterested and only took notes. The questions asked were your typical situational scripted interview questions. Needless to say, I was sent an email informing me that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Question – None really. I think they were looking for someone with more confidence. I was a little nervous so that may have hurt my chances.   View Answer

Stocker

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was short and simple. Took all of 10 minutes. I sat in a room while a floor manager and another store manager asked me questions like what I thought customer service was and what qualifications I had that would put me ahead of all the other potential hires. They also asked me about school and what I do as a hobby on weekends.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked me what my old boss would say is my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – Filled an application on line, was contacted for an interview, met with 2 people who had about 15 questions, was asked to return to interview with the warehouse manager, was asked to do a drug test, started a week later. process took a week.

Interview Question – All questions required a level of thought   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details – What is goal you have? Tell me about a specific time you went out of your way to help a customer. Tell me about a specific time when you regretted saying something to a customer.

Very Easy Interview

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2013.

Interview Details – applied online got a call about 2 days later they asked me if I wished I did something in past differently.and I answerd no not in the sence of anything serious and they asked me why I choose Costco I told them I like the company I did some research on them they shook my hand told me I would get a call within a week its been since Friday last week and my brother also had an interview he got his within a couple hours after filling app online

Interview Question – will you shop at Costco   Answer Question

Madison Heights, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was one of comfort in that the peolpe in which I was given my interview were easy to talk to, very mild mannered, smiled alot, and overall didn't made me feel un confortable during the interview at all. It was the first interview that I'd since my last job interview back in 2001.

Interview Question – The most difficult, yet most interesting, question they asked me was 'How did I know that the job I applyed for was for me and why did I apply other than looking for work'.   Answer Question

Port Chester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2009.

Interview Details – It is a 3 part interview process which they do in two sessions. They ask you questions such as why do you think your qualified to work there and what projects have you done that could help you out for the company in the future. They give you a drug test via mouth swab which they find out the results asap. Then they do a back round check which takes about a week to process.

Interview Question – why do you think your qualified to work there and what projects have you done that could help you out for the company in the future?   Answer Question

Shoreline, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview involved two people interviewing. They asked questions that one would usually expect in an interview, cant remember exactly. There was suppose to be two interviews but they were able to hire me the same day.

Interview Question – There was not any question that was really hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negations starting out because everyone gets paid the same amount.

San Marcos, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online, you wait. Then if you qualify, you are called in for a first interview.
1st interview-
They call and ask you to come in. You meet with 3 managers, all of which ask you the interview questions. The managers vary in ranking. They will be an assistant warehouse manager, and 2 managers from the department you're applying to. Questions were meant to analyze you're professionalism and how and what you know about the company, and why you are interested in working there. The interview lasted about half an hour. If they like you, they'll call you in 2-3 days asking you to come in a second interview.

2nd interview- This interview is set up the same way as the first. A one on three interview. The managers, which are different from the first set, ask you about your work ethic and how well you would preform in certain situations. Again, If they like you, they will call you in for a third interview.

3rd interview - A new set of managers ask you about the same questions asked in interviews 1 and 2. Very short. They offer you a position and ask you to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – As an hourly, nothing was really negotiated.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!