Cottingham & Butler

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cottingham & Butler in December 2013.

I applied for a position online and was emailed to set up a phone interview, at which time I found out I was not being considered for the position I initially applied for but instead for 2 better positions. I had 2 in-person interviews in the same day, followed by a group interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions being difficult or unexpected. The interviews were relaxed and comfortable.   Answer Question
    The job was offered near the top of my salary range, as I expected. I asked for a little more but they could not do it.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cottingham & Butler in November 2013.

I first interviewed on campus, had a phone interview, and then was invited for an on site interview. I was offered a position. I was unable to take that position as I was offered an internship at another company.

Interview Questions
    • They spent a lot of time reviewing my resume. Found out that points are taken off for the word "I" on the resume. (There were no "I's" on my resume.)   Answer Question

Was offered another position.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cottingham & Butler in October 2013.

Thorough interviewing process. Aptitude test, personality test, and 3 separate rounds of interviews. These guys are looking for top-notch people and they are very selective about their sales executives especially. When you talk to the guys in the interviews you know that everyone in the room is very intelligent. Rapidly growing business with the only downside being living in Dubuque, IA

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

After a phone interview, I came to the Dubuque office for an interview. Surprisingly they make you take a test on the computer. Didn't seem very relevant. The key on the test in definitely speed, not accuracy. The interview questions were all things you would expect. What was interesting is there were many interviews going on at the same time. The rumor is that this company interviews tons and tons of candidates even if there is not openings.

Interview Questions
    • There were several technical questions that were difficult for me to answer without experience.   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cottingham & Butler in July 2011.

My rehiring was not the nor. I had worked for this company previously. One of my coworkers talked me into speaking with the new director of the department. We discussed details of coming back on the phone a couple of times and then met face to face twice before the actual job offer.

wages and vacation time

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cottingham & Butler in November 2010.

I took a 27 page personality assesement, which was insiteful, however, not entirely accurate as I asked others around me. Although, I must have "passed", I had a phone interview. The intervewer could have easily been a robot. She was not someone I would ask to represent a sales department postition. I started to give her lengthly sales type answers and she was looking for the "perfect, short but sweet" answer. I realized if she is a representative of the company, I did not want to work here. If you really really want to work here, I would suggest, give the perfect canned dream answer to hr on the phone interview. The interviewer should have been an acturary, accountant or engineer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important professional moment of your life.   View Answer
    • At the end, "and now what questions, do you have for me."   View Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cottingham & Butler in April 2010.

It was long, first interview was over 2 1/2 hours.

They came in at middle of the road in my range.