Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cotton On
- Christmas Casual (14)
- Casual Sales Assistant (7)
- Store Manager (6)
- Sales Associate (5)
- Assistant Store Manager (3)
- Manager In Training (3)
- Retail Associate (3)
- Sales Assistant (3)
- Retail Assistant (2)
- Key Holder (2)
- Casual (2)
- Keyholder (1)
- Associate (1)
- Visual Manager (1)
- Seasonal Associate (1)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (1)
- Quality Technician (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Retail Sales Associate (1)
- Christmas Casual Position (1)
- Christmas Casual and Casual Sales Assistant (1)
- Cotton On Body Christmas Casuals (1)
- Factory Christmas Casual (1)
- Permanant Part Time Sales Assistant (1)
Helpful (1)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Cotton On.
It was a group interview with one other person with the store manager, lasted around 20 minutes. Asked questions based on situations that would occur working in the store mainly. We were informed that their would be a 2nd interview if we were liked. The manager took notes during the interview as well.
- What are the steps to a positive costumer experience? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Cotton On (Dunedin, FL) in January 2015.
Applied online, around 2 weeks later I received an email asking to book in an interview time - however the interview times were for the following day, living an hour away from the shop (I was applying for jobs before I moved to the city) meant I had to do some begging from my then employee for the morning off. I arrived at the interview early, introduced myself and was told that the online interview system had allowed people to book the same time for interviews. The manager and myself were sat outside the store front for the actual interview, which lasted about 5-10 minutes for everyone. I never received any update on my status of the interview, it would have been nice to at least receive an email!
- Why would you like to work at cotton on? Answer Question
- What would you do near the end of the day if the store has not met its sales target? Answer Question
- What are your hobbies? Answer Question
- Do you have any retail experience? Answer Question
- How would you describe your personality/work ethic? Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cotton On (Houston, TX) in November 2014.
Very detailed questions about your past manager position and skills. Why would you like to work for the company, What do you know about the company, How much are you
expecting to be paid?
- Where do you See yourself in 2-3 years? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Cotton On.
I went to the store asked if they were hiring they said yea do you have a resume? I did, I gave it to them on the spot and got called for an interview 4 days later. It was a group interview, outside the store in the mall. 3 girls 1 boy, ok interview. As we say down she paired us with the person next to us and told us to sell her their outfit, then asked another 4 or 5 questions. The interview lasted exactly 30 minutes.
- Sell me your partners outfit Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
Make sure you dress fashion foward bring a lot of personality to your interview. You will first be interviewed by the district manager then you will have a second interview with another district manager from a different region.
- Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision did it work out if not what would you do differently next time Answer Question
They call you with your pay rate if your happy with the amount you accept if not I would definitely challenge it
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Cotton On (Orange Park, FL) in April 2014.
iam willing and promise to give cotton on 100 percents of hard work and honest and be a great leader
- most difficult get me in and unexpected is doint lose a talent manger like me 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Cotton On.
Had initial phone screening in which a following interview was set up with the district manager. After the interview I was contact within a week or so with a job offer.
- No difficult questions asked Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Cotton On in January 2014.
I applied in person. I was told to come in a week later in which I had a group interview. That was very odd to me but it went fine. Then I was told by the hiring manager that she wanted me to interview for a management position. I got a call the following week to come in for an interview with the GM. The interview was a one-on-one with just the GM. I felt like it went smooth and was told I was going to get a call back within a two weeks. After two weeks I called and inquired about the position. I explained I never got a call back the position even though I was told that I would be notified either way. The assistant manager told me that the manager would call me back within the week. A week went by so I called again and was told that the position was already filled. I was confused on how I applied for a entry level position and was asked to apply for an upper level position and never got either one. And never got a call back. It seemed very unorganized and very unprofessional.
- A group interview( was asked why they should choose me over the guy next to me) very uncomfortable! 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Cotton On (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2013.
Applied online after an employee referral for the position. I was then contacted for screening by the recruitment dept. Interviewed with recruitment and was then moved through the chain of command. Was scheduled for an interview with the supervisor for this position, included a visit to one of the retail locations to evaluate the store and have a face to face interview with the supervisor. Was then asked to speak with and interview with the director of retail for the company.
- Why did I want to come to Cotton On? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Cotton On (Miami, FL) in December 2013.
I was hired on the spot, though my case was a bit different in that there were people from corporate there and I was dressed up in a suit asking if there were positions available. I think the manager was kind of forced to interview me on the spot simply to show that she could do it in front of her employers. The offer was extended that same day via email and a day or so later I completed my paper work to be hired.
- There were no difficult questions. Why Cotton On? What previous retail experience do you have? How have you taught another person and how did they respond to your coaching? Basic Supervisor questions. 1 Answer
They gave me the wage that I asked for.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review