Cotton On

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cotton On in November 2014.

Very detailed questions about your past manager position and skills. Why would you like to work for the company, What do you know about the company, How much are you
    expecting to be paid?

Christmas Casual Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cotton On.

I went to the store asked if they were hiring they said yea do you have a resume? I did, I gave it to them on the spot and got called for an interview 4 days later. It was a group interview, outside the store in the mall. 3 girls 1 boy, ok interview. As we say down she paired us with the person next to us and told us to sell her their outfit, then asked another 4 or 5 questions. The interview lasted exactly 30 minutes.

Store Manager Interview

Make sure you dress fashion foward bring a lot of personality to your interview. You will first be interviewed by the district manager then you will have a second interview with another district manager from a different region.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision did it work out if not what would you do differently next time   Answer Question
    They call you with your pay rate if your happy with the amount you accept if not I would definitely challenge it

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Cotton On in April 2014.

iam willing and promise to give cotton on 100 percents of hard work and honest and be a great leader

Interview Questions
    • most difficult get me in and unexpected is doint lose a talent manger like me   View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cotton On.

Had initial phone screening in which a following interview was set up with the district manager. After the interview I was contact within a week or so with a job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cotton On in January 2014.

I applied in person. I was told to come in a week later in which I had a group interview. That was very odd to me but it went fine. Then I was told by the hiring manager that she wanted me to interview for a management position. I got a call the following week to come in for an interview with the GM. The interview was a one-on-one with just the GM. I felt like it went smooth and was told I was going to get a call back within a two weeks. After two weeks I called and inquired about the position. I explained I never got a call back the position even though I was told that I would be notified either way. The assistant manager told me that the manager would call me back within the week. A week went by so I called again and was told that the position was already filled. I was confused on how I applied for a entry level position and was asked to apply for an upper level position and never got either one. And never got a call back. It seemed very unorganized and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • A group interview( was asked why they should choose me over the guy next to me) very uncomfortable!   View Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cotton On in December 2013.

I was hired on the spot, though my case was a bit different in that there were people from corporate there and I was dressed up in a suit asking if there were positions available. I think the manager was kind of forced to interview me on the spot simply to show that she could do it in front of her employers. The offer was extended that same day via email and a day or so later I completed my paper work to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Why Cotton On? What previous retail experience do you have? How have you taught another person and how did they respond to your coaching? Basic Supervisor questions.   View Answer
    They gave me the wage that I asked for.

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cotton On.

Years ago Quality Control Department was selective of candidates. There was a panel interview ( lead, manager, & Hr) and a short math test. Thus, we had a good qualified coworkers with biotechnology background. Now, QC drag anybody from other department he wishes without examing their personality and qualification.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for wage, but wage is fair compare to others.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cotton On in October 2013.

Applied for a seasonal position in early to mid-October, did a group interview with the manager in late October. they ask you questions about your hobbies and past experience, especially in customer service. then they pair you up with another person in the group and have you act out roles of customer or sales associate where you're given a scenario, and then switch roles. scenarios such as approaching the customer and helping them find what they're looking for. Make sure you sound upbeat, confident and informative. After the interview they'll tell you right away if they wanna hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this position?   View Answer
    No negotiation. $8.25 an hour

Seasonal Associate Interview

It was a group interview. Asked basic questions such as why I wanted to work there, why I like the clothing, etc. Very laid back and the hiring manager was very friendly. I was called back with a job offer, but declined due to the fact that it wasn't certain that I would be hired on for a permanent job.