Cotton On

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cotton On in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was informal, because it was an in store promotion. Due to the previous Store manager walking out. The assistant store manager was promoted to store manager, and I the senior key holder promoted to assistant manager

Orange Park, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Cotton On in April 2014.

Interview Details – iam willing and promise to give cotton on 100 percents of hard work and honest and be a great leader

Interview Question – most difficult get me in and unexpected is doint lose a talent manger like me   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Arcadia, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cotton On in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a seasonal position in early to mid-October, did a group interview with the manager in late October. they ask you questions about your hobbies and past experience, especially in customer service. then they pair you up with another person in the group and have you act out roles of customer or sales associate where you're given a scenario, and then switch roles. scenarios such as approaching the customer and helping them find what they're looking for. Make sure you sound upbeat, confident and informative. After the interview they'll tell you right away if they wanna hire you.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8.25 an hour

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview Details – Had initial phone screening in which a following interview was set up with the district manager. After the interview I was contact within a week or so with a job offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cotton On in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot, though my case was a bit different in that there were people from corporate there and I was dressed up in a suit asking if there were positions available. I think the manager was kind of forced to interview me on the spot simply to show that she could do it in front of her employers. The offer was extended that same day via email and a day or so later I completed my paper work to be hired.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Why Cotton On? What previous retail experience do you have? How have you taught another person and how did they respond to your coaching? Basic Supervisor questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me the wage that I asked for.

Quality Technician Interview

Quality Technician
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview Details – Years ago Quality Control Department was selective of candidates. There was a panel interview ( lead, manager, & Hr) and a short math test. Thus, we had a good qualified coworkers with biotechnology background. Now, QC drag anybody from other department he wishes without examing their personality and qualification.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for wage, but wage is fair compare to others.

Manager In Training

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cotton On in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied On Line, Called by Recruiter, Interview Set Up, Back ground checked, Interviewed with DM (Quit before I started Position), and Regional Manager. Hire within 1 week. AWs told 5 days of training at another location, Received only two days training, thrown into Black Friday & was IN CHARGE of store without additional pay or training.

Daly City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cotton On in June 2011.

Interview Details – You have phone interview with someone in HR, and then you are scheduled a interview with the DM of your region.

Interview Question – I don't remember a difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a little less than I wanted and I negotiated for more and they gave it to me. I think because of my experience

Seasonal Associate Interview

Seasonal Associate

Interviewed at Cotton On

Interview Details – It was a group interview. Asked basic questions such as why I wanted to work there, why I like the clothing, etc. Very laid back and the hiring manager was very friendly. I was called back with a job offer, but declined due to the fact that it wasn't certain that I would be hired on for a permanent job.

Interview Question – Why do you like the clothing?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cotton On in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call about one month after submitting a resume online. after speaking with the recruiter, i was asked to do another phone interview. the two asked general questions about my experience, what my goals were, why i wanted to work there, and if i felt comfortable working alone with out a closer M-Th (since the company believes strongly in keeping a tight payroll budget). after my second interview i was asked to do a one on one a week later, and one more after that (a week a part also). it took a whole month of calls and one on ones to finally be offered a position, in which i accepted.

Interview Question – how do you know you're doing a great job at being a leader and developing your staff?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was $1,600 less than what I was asking. And when I asked for .30 cents more p/hr, he said he would check the stores volume and call back. 15 minutes later, i receive a call back with him saying "okay, you go it. it's yours." putting me just under $1,000 from what I was originally asking.

Worked for Cotton On? Contribute to the Community!