Cotton On Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014

1.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cotton On in January 2014.

I applied in person. I was told to come in a week later in which I had a group interview. That was very odd to me but it went fine. Then I was told by the hiring manager that she wanted me to interview for a management position. I got a call the following week to come in for an interview with the GM. The interview was a one-on-one with just the GM. I felt like it went smooth and was told I was going to get a call back within a two weeks. After two weeks I called and inquired about the position. I explained I never got a call back the position even though I was told that I would be notified either way. The assistant manager told me that the manager would call me back within the week. A week went by so I called again and was told that the position was already filled. I was confused on how I applied for a entry level position and was asked to apply for an upper level position and never got either one. And never got a call back. It seemed very unorganized and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • A group interview( was asked why they should choose me over the guy next to me) very uncomfortable!   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cotton On

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cotton On.

Walk in, got interview one week later. came in for interview and got the job about a week later. interview didn't consist of difficult questions. started my first day a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cotton On.

Turned in Application + Resume and got a call almost 1 months later for a group interview. Came in half a hour early with very casual clothing and an attitude that was very positive. Before the interview, I had small talk with most of the other people who were part of the group interview to feel more comfortable about the whole group interview process. As the process started, I felt nervous but confident. Group Interviews vary from store to store so no point of revealing that. But I believe that I was outgoing and confident enough since I made everyone laugh at least once and was offered a job.

Advice:
    Be yourself
    Wear a smile
    If you don't get the job, then it isn't the job for you. (I've applied to countless places and I'm glad I didn't make it)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cotton On.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I received a phone call for a group interview later that week. She did ask me a few questions over the phone so there was a small phone interview as well. The group interview was very relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just basic ones. What did I know about Cotton On and what was the worst thing to see when visiting a store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cotton On in June 2012.

I applied online, got a call about a group interview a week later. I accepted. I was told to bring a resume, references and an application. When I got to the store, the manager didn't even know that she had group interviews going on that day (HR sets interviews up). It was very unprofessional but whatever. I had a group interview with two other girls. The manager asked us questions like "what is customer service to you?", "How can you prevent theft", "What's the difference between selling and customer service", etc. Anyways overall it was an easy interview. Be confident and smile. Probably the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    I interviewed today. Still waiting for the offer. I know I nailed the interview though.