Coty Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.8

Customer Finance Manager Interview

You will most likely be interviewed by at least 3 or 4 people. They will ask you either the same or different questions. Some questions are general and some will be directly related to the job you are interviewing for, which is of no value in my opinion because if you appeal to all regardless of skills you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is when you are given a test unexpectedly throughout the interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation in my case.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coty.

For the Coordinator position I met both the hiring manager and the HR recruiter. Both interviews took about 30 minutes. Both were very conversational that involved few behavioral questions, but they both were assessing my personality and how well I'd fit in with the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. This is always a broad but difficult question. I can't say what other interviews are like but based on the culture people aren't as interested in your skillset as much as how well you'd fit in within the organization.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Coty.

Phone interview with hiring manager, followed by second interviews with others three months later. Interviews were not formal. SVP was not available so that was a phone interview the following day. Offer made via telephone followed by letter via fedex. Reference check and pre-employment drug screening. I believe they may have done a credit check as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion of the executive management of the account?   View Answer

Corporate Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coty in April 2014.

I applied for the position on their website and received an email about a week later to set up an in-person email. I met with two people on the team who gave me a brief history of the company, the department, and the role. They asked me about my resume and what skills I had to offer that can be beneficial to their company. They also explained various tasks a typical intern would be asked to do and if I felt comfortable with it. They also asked why I was interested in beauty and if I followed any beauty bloggers. Mainly they are looking for someone who is comfortable with the role and passionate about beauty.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have your own social media platforms? Such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.   View Answer

R&D Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris Plains, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris Plains, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Coty in April 2014.

I was contacted through an outside recruiter and screened. I then had a 45 minute phone interview with the Director and VP of the group. The next step was an in person interview with the CSO and VP of HR along with interviewing again with the Director and VP of the group. Overall they were very personable and the interviewing process was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many unexpected questions. The majority of the interviews were discussions on personal philosophy in regards to new product and technology development. There were no big surprises or personality type questions.   Answer Question

Financial Inventory Accountant Interview

First I had a phone interview and after the phone interview the called me in for a face to face. I interviewed with the hiring manager, a HR business partner and the Director of Finance. the interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. At the end of the interview process you will receive a bottle of perfume.

Global Marketing Intern (6 Months) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coty.

Applied through a family friend. Interview lasted about an hour and met with the assistant manager and manager of global marketing. They asked about my passions and what I expected to get out the position. They were both very friendly and said I would hear back within a week or so. Several days later the HR rep emailed me and said that I received the position. Interview was average difficulty and they really enjoyed my enthusiasm and go getter attitude.

Keep in mind that although it might be a long internship there is no guarantee that you will receive a job offer after. It is based on availability and after the 6 months they will hire a new intern. You are only considered for open positions when you are in your last couple of weeks. Plan ahead.

Interview Questions
    • What are your favorite beauty brands/ designers.   View Answer
    The intern position receives $15/hour.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hayne, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hayne, NC

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Coty.

Hire by a head-hunter agency.

INo negotiation. Take the offer of leave it.

Intern Interview

Had someone I know pass on my resume, then HR contacted me for a phone interview. I prepared for it and knew everything about the company but the first phone interview was very short and they just wanted to know what field I wanted to work in. HR person then set up another phone interview with a potential manager in a certain department. Got job offer email shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, just talking about yourself and your resume.   Answer Question

Intern-Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coty.

Was called for a personal interview in New York. Great interview with the department manager, very friendly and well spoken. A lot of questions, but relatively easy.