Coty

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coty.

Interview Details – For the Coordinator position I met both the hiring manager and the HR recruiter. Both interviews took about 30 minutes. Both were very conversational that involved few behavioral questions, but they both were assessing my personality and how well I'd fit in with the organization.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. This is always a broad but difficult question. I can't say what other interviews are like but based on the culture people aren't as interested in your skillset as much as how well you'd fit in within the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Coty.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager, followed by second interviews with others three months later. Interviews were not formal. SVP was not available so that was a phone interview the following day. Offer made via telephone followed by letter via fedex. Reference check and pre-employment drug screening. I believe they may have done a credit check as well.

Interview Question – What is your opinion of the executive management of the account?   View Answer

Corporate Communications Intern Interview

Corporate Communications Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coty in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on their website and received an email about a week later to set up an in-person email. I met with two people on the team who gave me a brief history of the company, the department, and the role. They asked me about my resume and what skills I had to offer that can be beneficial to their company. They also explained various tasks a typical intern would be asked to do and if I felt comfortable with it. They also asked why I was interested in beauty and if I followed any beauty bloggers. Mainly they are looking for someone who is comfortable with the role and passionate about beauty.

Interview Question – Do you have your own social media platforms? Such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.   View Answer

Financial Inventory Accountant Interview

Financial Inventory Accountant

Interviewed at Coty

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview and after the phone interview the called me in for a face to face. I interviewed with the hiring manager, a HR business partner and the Director of Finance. the interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. At the end of the interview process you will receive a bottle of perfume.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Global Marketing Intern (6 Months) Interview

Global Marketing Intern (6 Months)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coty.

Interview Details – Applied through a family friend. Interview lasted about an hour and met with the assistant manager and manager of global marketing. They asked about my passions and what I expected to get out the position. They were both very friendly and said I would hear back within a week or so. Several days later the HR rep emailed me and said that I received the position. Interview was average difficulty and they really enjoyed my enthusiasm and go getter attitude.

Keep in mind that although it might be a long internship there is no guarantee that you will receive a job offer after. It is based on availability and after the 6 months they will hire a new intern. You are only considered for open positions when you are in your last couple of weeks. Plan ahead.

Interview Question – What are your favorite beauty brands/ designers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The intern position receives $15/hour.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Castle Hayne, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Coty.

Interview Details – Hire by a head-hunter agency.

Negotiation Details – INo negotiation. Take the offer of leave it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Sanford, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Coty in June 2009.

Interview Details – Four stages, application, then you will be interviewed by four different partners within the company, each with their own set of questions. Then the four will decide if you are a good canidate. This process will take a full day and then you will be subjected to drug and background check.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are primarily what you would expect from an interview. However sometimes the questions get off base and you might be asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the position in which you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My advice is be open and for front - if you want vacation time right from the start, state so, also be negoitable with salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Coty

Interview Details – Had someone I know pass on my resume, then HR contacted me for a phone interview. I prepared for it and knew everything about the company but the first phone interview was very short and they just wanted to know what field I wanted to work in. HR person then set up another phone interview with a potential manager in a certain department. Got job offer email shortly afterwards.

Interview Question – No hard questions, just talking about yourself and your resume.   Answer Question

Intern-Hourly Interview

Intern-Hourly

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Coty.

Interview Details – Was called for a personal interview in New York. Great interview with the department manager, very friendly and well spoken. A lot of questions, but relatively easy.

Interview Question – What are some of your strengths?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern-Hourly Interview

Intern-Hourly
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coty.

Interview Details – It was tough. Interviewed with many people but worth it.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of beauty related questions. They want someone who is really passionate about the industry so if you don't really like or care about beauty then its not for you   Answer Question

Worked for Coty? Contribute to the Community!