Couchbase Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2014
Updated Oct 25, 2014

3.2

Developer Advocate/Evangelist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Couchbase.

One of the strangest interview experiences I ever had. I saw a job ad and applied online. The company responded very quickly and scheduled phone and Skype interviews within the next couple of weeks. The interviews went well and I was interested, but it was evident that some additional interviews should follow (they never actually assessed my technical skills, for example).
    And then silence. After a couple of weeks I got a phone call and the guy explained that the company was super busy and could not even say when and whether they would proceed with the interview process for at least three weeks. I just shrugged and said I'd be surprised if anyone would agree to wait for three weeks for really nothing. A month later they sent me an email and asked if I were ready for the next steps. Out of curiosity I replied "yes". And... silence again. Another month passed and they finally asked me to schedule one more phone interview, but this time I had no curiosity left and just said "no, thanks".

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical interview questions on how and when you presented, writing samples, etc.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Couchbase in September 2014.

Met an employee at a NoSQL conference in San Jose, CA
    Emailed employee a couple of times before I received a reply then later an email from recruiting.
    Recruiting scheduled a phone screen the following week. So far so good.
    The recruiter began by explaining the role then went on to ask me about how I came into the IT career
    track. No questions were asked to see if I could do the job but mostly personal stuff.
    I did not feel at all comfortable with her apparent lack of experience in conducting phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary? I was taken aback with discussion of money in the first interview.
      I asked for the range of position and recruiter told me she and the new manager didn't know
      but would find out for me by the following week. She never did.
        View Answer

Director, Sales Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Couchbase in September 2014.

I spoke with the onsite Talent Manager for about 45min in an initial phone screen. She outlined the wonderful culture, the goals, the perspective, and then got into some really great ideas/questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. In fact I had a wonderful conversation with them   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

see five people during interview. vp of engineering, vp of produce, co-founder, CTO, a senior software engineer; all nice people and easy to talk to

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Couchbase in March 2013.

3 rounds of Skype Interviews, a phone discussion and then an onsite.
    Generic Support Scenarios, Application Trouble shooting use cases, Knowledge base management questions. Team was distributed across different locations and manager was traveling for a conference, which took multiple skype calls.

Had a better offer which aligns with my career goals; It was a tough decision but i had to pass.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Couchbase in March 2012.

* Reached by HR via Linkedin
    * Phone Interview with Director of Product Manager(PM)
    * Phone interview with Sr. PM
    * In-Person interview
    ** Director of PM
    ** Sr.PM
    ** SVP of Products and Marketing
    ** VP of Marketing

Interview Questions

Awesome company, but wanted to work in City. Feel bad i had to decline. Highly Recommend